Unknown territory (relatively)

Even though I've been to the northern rim twice (once to Beagle Point), we are now at a location that I might consider to be the jumping-off point into relatively unknown territory. More specifically, we're entering an area that I've visited very little so far.

What was your "new territory" point for this journey, if you had one?

My travel history in the area so far:

unfamiliar-territory.jpg

None so far, I even moved an alt to the areas at the 'other side' of the Bleia permits last week because I didn't know DW2 was heading there as well.... time to get on with the Braintree search...

I've only been beyond the North edge of the core three times before, or four if we count going rimward to the North-West, but the reason for that was simple: not much of a need to. It was pretty much the same galaxy there too. It still mostly is, with a few curiosities added in Chapter Four - looks to be only Aster trees (and pods) so far. As an added goal, I'll try sampling and messing with those, but I don't expect much.
For me, new territory would be the North-East, but the expedition isn't heading that way.

Definitly new territory when I get to submit whole Nebula to EDSM map/discoveries again! It feels good to be back in "un-explored space". I hope to return to my "pheonix nebula" now we are back at this side of the galaxy, funny seeing places from 2016 again!

Never been north of Sag A before. My longest previous trip was Bubble to Colonia to Sag A and back to the Bubble.

I've mainly been to the southern rim of the Galaxy, so for me the territory is "new" after we passed the Colonia :)
WkHU4Pi.jpg

For me, new territory would be the North-East, but the expedition isn't heading that way.

Yeah, that's an area I haven't been to at all either. That and the far east and west edges. I'll probably make a point of visiting some of those in the future, but of course that will probably be long after DW2.

For me, uncharted territory began once the core stars began to thin out a little. I've explored extensively to the 'east' of SagA, and outwards to the edge of the galaxy, but I've never before gone off in the direction of Beagle.

So now, I am in places to me unknown. Earlier today, I passed the milestone of 30000Ly to Beagle, and am nearly 10000Ly closer to that system than to Sol. This, for me, is quite new.

Well, we've all got to go home somehow. Nothing to stop you taking a detour out that way once we've reached Beagle.
I do have a few things I need to take care of in Colonia sometime, so there's that. As things stand, there's not much reason to go to the North-East. Maybe if there were some use for the chalice pods.

The north hemisphere of the galaxy is new territory to me, barring one short trip I made just before DW2 started slightly northwards of Sagittarius A*.

My furthest has been 1200lys up until this mission, now I'm on 37, 236 so pretty much all of it has been new. All good though. Looking forward to the 14,000lys next stint, should be a blast.

Not too far off the main DW2 track. Plenty of undiscovered systems with each jump now. I won't be straying too far, as I don't have the energy to do more.

Top Bottom