Unpleasant sensations in VR when traveling in SRV (Oculus S)

There's a few things you can do to help:

1. Ensure your frame rate never drops. Keep it at the max for your headset by turning down graphics settings; 75, 80, 90, 140, etc - whatever yours is. Do not dip into reprojection at all.
2. Ensure you have the horizon lock enabled
3. Have blackout enabled
4. Drive smoothly, turn slowly
5. Take a break as soon as you feel a hint of motion sickness, and don't come back to it for a while.

Over time, you can build up a tolerance, but if you push too hard, and don't follow #5 above, you can actually make it worse for yourself, and even cause yourself to associate VR with motion sickness before you even put on your headset.

Last edited:
Here is something I've found that helps me: bounce and move your body around in the chair in a way that tries to match the movement of the SRV. Kind of like how they act in Star Trek when they are experiencing inertial changes. My nausea goes away or is at least mitigated when I do this. I can stay on the Dav's Hope loop for much longer doing this.

Here is something I've found that helps me: bounce and move your body around in the chair in a way that tries to match the movement of the SRV. Kind of like how they act in Star Trek when they are experiencing inertial changes. My nausea goes away or is at least mitigated when I do this. I can stay on the Dav's Hope loop for much longer doing this.
Although I’ve never used this brain-fooling technique for the SRV, when I first got SkyrimVR two years ago I found walking on the spot helped stave off any slight nausea I got. Even though I’ve got VR legs like Douglas Bader now, I still continue out of habit and it’s quite an immersion thing.

I hate to think what I look like when I’m riding the horse (though I think I should probably call it “Patsy”) :)

Indeed most definitely an issue.

Personally I'm one of those freakozoids that got more sick on a 2d screen with the SRV than I do in VR, but yes I did have a slight case getting used to it.

That said, I would avoid any planet with more than 2g, in fact around 0.1 is my preference.
The higher the gravity the more jarring the little bounces will get.
And there is no rule that says you have to drive under any conditions I also recommend running on the flats.
There are so many land able objects there will be no shortage of areas so cherry picking is recommended.

Top Bottom