Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Please, please, *please* help me, developers. I am near my wits end because of this stupid validation error I keep having with data.ovx!!!! Over 24 hours, & I am no closer to upgrading my game. In desperation, I've deleted *all* my files & am starting from scratch......but I fear that won't help either!!!!!

As mentioned above the workaround is described in FAQ.

There is also a detailed description of the workaround in this thread as well as the links to the required files are provided there:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103226

Well, the Python got a decent nerf-bat treatment, but I don't think dinking around with the top speed was the right call.

The Python should be able to turn inside the Anaconda, but with its maneuverability still so high, it can actually turn inside an Asp or a Cobra, by virtue of having a lower computer control assist speed (same turn time but with a lower speed means even tighter turns). That's the real reason why that ship is so trollishly good. That and the shields (which luckily got nerfed). The real thing this ship needs isn't a reduced top speed (hey, why not increase it to give the perpetually dissatisfied something to be contented with), it's to have the maneuverability reduced from 6 to 4. 2 better than the Anaconda, right where it belongs, and two worse than the Viper, which it should not be able to turn inside (and yet it still can).

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
But, the 2.5% discount isn't for all backers, it's for those that backed at the £150 "Founder" level and above, of which there's not so many. In lore terms they are "founding members of the Elite" and therefor are apparently loved throughout the known universe, getting plied with shiny decals, free cocktails in bars and discounts in the outfitting shop.

If you were happy to shell out £150 before the game was even out, then yes, you've missed out. But personally I don't see it as a huge problem, giving a perk to people who supported the game with cold hard cash based on faith it'd get built along.

This ^

There were all of 2069 people who backed at £150 or above on the Kickstarter and between them they contributed 38% of the £1.5 million raised during the campaign. Being a Founder was always intended to come with benefits such as discounts and access to missions only given to Elite pilots, regardless of your true Elite rank.

Without the Founder+ backers it is entirely possible the Kickstarter would have failed and those of you complaining wouldn't have a game to play at all. It isn't "pay to win", the Founders paid so that everyone could have an opportunity to win.

Last edited:
@dewiced

You're still posting a lot for someone who's had enough and has rage-quit. Every game has its problems, how many of the games you play are based on a brand new from the ground up engine? I'd bet not many. So have fun playing the same game again and again with a slightly different skin. At least you have the confidence that they've already been through thousands of the same problems in the previous 20 iterations of the game to have them ironed out by now.

Yay, that *finally* seems to have worked, now just the wait for the game to install. Quick question, though. As I downloaded everything from scratch, does this mean that I lose all the progress I've made in the last 2 months?!?! I sure hope not. I had assumed all the vital data was stored at your servers.....hope I was correct in that assumption!

Im still sat here waiting and wondering if there's going to be anything done to address mine, my friends and many others bad sound issues with station and ship menus, have forwarded the relevant stuff to Joe Hogan, just waiting to hear back that its being worked on or looked into etc

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Yay, that *finally* seems to have worked, now just the wait for the game to install. Quick question, though. As I downloaded everything from scratch, does this mean that I lose all the progress I've made in the last 2 months?!?! I sure hope not. I had assumed all the vital data was stored at your servers.....hope I was correct in that assumption!

No your save game will still be there, its stored server side

I disagree. I only backed at premium beta (£100) which is a lot more cash wise than many KS people paid and got the sol permit and 96.something insurance. Im more than happy with the way things are. If it wasnt for the kickstarting community we wouldnt even have a game to play. People should be more concerned about making their own enjoyment in the game than worrying about others. Everyone, myself included had a chance to back early. I didnt hear about the project till Alpha but i couldnt afford £200 at the time to back.

As an 80's Elite player im very happy this game got the backing it needed.
Well said! Too many people concern themselves about what others have than what they have, its a problem in our socety in general. Sure moan about bugs but stop bleating about rewards etc for backers, all of us could have joined at backer stage ages ago but for whatever reason we decided not to. If FDEV promised backers bonuses and they are honouring this then that is great!
The decision made to do this was made when the game was first created, so you have to respect that.
The sooner the bugs are fixed the sooner we can all stop moaning and get off this forum and into space! Where we all want to be isnt it?!

well said harbinger .......
eeermmm no free decals , early access to the new beta levels at the moment and a eagle ship at start... And my 150 was a lot more when converted to Australian dollars. I backed cos I wanted a new age of the game , the same as I backed and contributed to OOLITE and PIONEER ..and they are free to download..
BUT I HAVE NOT HAD ANY FREE COCKTAILS........ stop listening to a lot of mumbo jumbo rubbish.
I backed cos wanted to see a great game back.If it not yours game then I'm sorry ,for you ,Your going to miss out...... the new homeworlds looking good too... NOW that was a great game.

This does not work. They are basic instructions, and easy to follow yet the problem remains after carrying them out, or re-occurs next time a patch is released. A 15GB/Month data plan, over slow mobile broadband is all I can get where I live. Yeah, I'm only one person, but re downloading the whole game over and over is sadly not an option for me either.

EDIT - I should say the final option works (luckily), but I still don't understand why this happens each time.

Last edited:
@dewiced

You're still posting a lot for someone who's had enough and has rage-quit. Every game has its problems, how many of the games you play are based on a brand new from the ground up engine? I'd bet not many. So have fun playing the same game again and again with a slightly different skin. At least you have the confidence that they've already been through thousands of the same problems in the previous 20 iterations of the game to have them ironed out by now.

Let me explain my point of view so you will understand it. Going down to your level of understanding for this one. If i buy a car i don't care if it has engine already used and tested in another car or not. I want it to work. I don't want that car left me in the middle of nowhere just cuz that car have build engine from scratch. I want it to work. Same game engine doesn't mean different skin. The engine is tested and the devs know it works that is why it's used. Rage-quit? More like i quit cuz i bought this game for my playground not devs. I am a customer just like you and i will post in here as much as i like since i bet you haven't payed more for the game itself that i did. Maybe you don't experience any problems and I'm glad you don't. But i do.

All i can say is thanks god this is not some business software. They will be gone by now.

This ^

There were all of 2069 people who backed at £150 or above on the Kickstarter and between them they contributed 38% of the £1.5 million raised during the campaign. Being a Founder was always intended to come with benefits such as discounts and access to missions only given to Elite pilots, regardless of your true Elite rank.

Without the Founder+ backers it is entirely possible the Kickstarter would have failed and those of you complaining wouldn't have a game to play at all. It isn't "pay to win", the Founders paid so that everyone could have an opportunity to win.

Absolutely. They actually ensured that the game was made for all of us, and that the developers could be independent in order to make the best game they could, on their terms. It's ludicrous for someone who paid $50 for the game when there are people paying over $200, with no guarantees they will ever see that money again, to expect to get the same benefits as those $200 contributors. I'm a Beta backer, I paid $25 more than other people did, and I got to start first, get a free eagle, and get access to the Founders World. I helped the game develop by being a part of the giant crush of people playing in Beta, which allowed the system to be properly tested before you, the new user, got access.

I paid extra money to help you enjoy the game, and the $200+ founders paid even more, with even less of a guarantee of seeing a return on their money. A measly 2.5% bonus that any player who reaches Elite status can earn? Why are people complaining about that? Have you no shame? Where is your sense of gratitude? How spoiled and entitled are you? Did you get whatever you wanted from your parents or something? Because that's not how I was raised.

I won't go anywhere with pages full of unsold exploraton data ;)

I do hope they fix it soon. I didn't realize how much I really enjoy exploring until I wasn't able to do it.

I would risk running back to deep space and just stay gone till its fixed, but the impossible to win interdiction game every other jump, well its too scary for me.

The "we are working on it" is great but an ETA would be better. I bet that stuff would of never made it to the public if it were trading that was broken.

Explorers are worthless.

Known critical bugs in beta 1 2 and 3. Still pushed out because Who the Frack Cares about quality.

I am quite annoyed.

I do hope they fix it soon. I didn't realize how much I really enjoy exploring until I wasn't able to do it.

I would risk running back to deep space and just stay gone till its fixed, but the impossible to win interdiction game every other jump, well its too scary for me.

The "we are working on it" is great but an ETA would be better. I bet that stuff would of never made it to the public if it were trading that was broken.

Explorers are worthless.

Known critical bugs in beta 1 2 and 3. Still pushed out because Who the Frack Cares about quality.

I am quite annoyed.

Don't think they knew it doesn't work. In beta there were no old data to scan. Everybody started for a new, and in the game there are a lot of explorers who were waiting fir the patch to sell data by page instead of by single system.

The version is 1.1.02.

Michael

YEah, that's what I tried (without the last dot) and that didn't work yesterday evening.
"1.1.02" was not accepted as a valid number in the bug reporting webpage as version of the game.
So unless that has changed over night that isn't working. or should it be "1.1.02." <- note the extra period at the end?

Suggestion: IF this is so, that's just weird! Why not just make a drop down menu with available versions that were pushed out to the public where the last pushed version is always preselected. Saves a lot of people time. Specifically now that the version is no longer continiously showing in the game. Make the appropriate Beta version(s) the single last entry in the list.

The field seems to like 5 consecutive numbers though so I put in a version number that showed in the Launcher. Have not had any reply though.

As a rather high level backer I do believe it is very common nowadays to have games with the possibility for players to 'buy' specials (Swords/Potions/acces to secret levels or even passe-partouts to get around level a particular player has problems with) ingame, if you look at founders/backers as having a permanent bonus ingame, that's fine IMHO, because in EliteD it can never be pay-to-win simply because their is no 'set' goal for winning anything, it about the journey and by having the special bonus the journey for the founders/backers just becomes a bit more easy.

FD has always been very clear about this in their communication from the very beginning, founders/backer will get special bonusses others won't, it just wasn't clear at that moment how things would eventually 'land' ingame.
And yes, the game is still far from perfect but to be honest I think FD did something amazing with ED and there are many possible ways the game can evolve over time.
That too is a journey and we, the community, are not only part of but also giving direction to.

Anyway, just my two cents, now going to fly back to my system, take care Commanders :-D

Don't think they knew it doesn't work. In beta there were no old data to scan. Everybody started for a new, and in the game there are a lot of explorers who were waiting fir the patch to sell data by page instead of by single system.

Completely right! Have some Rep.
In the Beta there was no 'old' exploration data, which now triggers the game to shutdown.
I'm sure there will be a fix SOON™ :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom