Update 1.2.2 out now!

sigh Just tried to play Franchise mode. Lasted 10 minutes before 7 animals in the same habitat got diseased because keepers won't clean up the poop.

Have an Inspector due in one month. I can't play like this.

Nice update ! Thank you for the support !
I was wondering if you are working on alarm bug : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/13773 ? Indeed I have this problem in both franchise and career mode and it make zoo management a bit painful when the zoo grow bigger (animals fights, get wounded and I have no alarm at all). I am currently nearly at the end of a hard mode career run (penultimate scenario) and it is really starting to annoyed me as I rely on animals breeding for CC (I fear the last scenario instead of been excited about it...)

I can't play Franchise at all right now. Tried yesterday, but got the diseased/stressed thing going on and an inspector due in a month. Played a few days ago and had a daily challenge ruined (get a 5.0 zoo inspection) because of the bug.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
THIS DID NOT FIX THE CONSTANT FREEZING ISSUE. Loaded the update, game froze within 5 minutes. FIX THE GAME. I haven't been able to play at all for over a week now, during this shelter at home time when I could really use it.
Have you made an Issue Tracker report on this? If so, please link me.

sigh Just tried to play Franchise mode. Lasted 10 minutes before 7 animals in the same habitat got diseased because keepers won't clean up the poop.
Have an Inspector due in one month. I can't play like this.
We're currently working on this bug and are looking at releasing a fix this week for it.

Have you made an Issue Tracker report on this? If so, please link me
Started experiencing issue April 7, reported April 8. None of the patches have improved anything so far.

Link to my report:

I also created a support ticket -- pasted the number below - it was closed when update 1.2.2 released but I reopened it as I have seen no change whatsoever with the 1.2.2 update.

TICKET #00000290971

Theres dozens of people on the Steam forums reporting this issue, as well as many issue tracker reports. I made a thread to collect all these reports for you guys since none of them have been acknowledged so far:

I found 5 at the time over a week ago; there are a lot more cases out there now. And again, steam forums are full of people complaining about the issue who apparently aren't aware enough to post here-- I've tried to get them to file reports as well.

We are getting up on 2 weeks since the 1.2 update and for many of us the game is completely unplayable now. Troubleshooting has confirmed that this is not a driver issue (never had issues before 1.2; I reset my drivers to what they were in January, still crashing). I've spent at least 10 hours troubleshooting this game during the first week after the 1.2 release but at this point I have given up. Please fix ASAP as I really want to play your amazing game again, especially during these very trying times.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Can we please please get an answer about the change to animal fighting notification! It's driving me crazy :(
Did you also contribute to this issue : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/13773 ? I also have this very annoying bug and I try to give it as much visibility as I can

Hayo! In a recent update, after listening to feedback from our community, we moved this notification to the timeline instead. We’re aware some players are unhappy with this, so we’re looking at a solution that all of our players can enjoy and feel like they’re benefiting from. If/when possible, we will share more news about this.

Hayo! In a recent update, after listening to feedback from our community, we moved this notification to the timeline instead. We’re aware some players are unhappy with this, so we’re looking at a solution that all of our players can enjoy and feel like they’re benefiting from. If/when possible, we will share more news about this.
I think a Option would be great that allows Players to choose where they want the Notification

Are the crashing/freezing issues reported since 1.2 something they know the cause of and are working to fix, or have they not been able to trace the cause yet? Is there any additional information we can provide if we are experiencing this issue that might help? I know sometimes you guys ask for save files -- I've sent one in but as I've said this occurs in the main menu or a new game as well but if theres added info we can send regarding computer specs, etc, please let us know.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Are the crashing/freezing issues reported since 1.2 something they know the cause of and are working to fix, or have they not been able to trace the cause yet? Is there any additional information we can provide if we are experiencing this issue that might help? I know sometimes you guys ask for save files -- I've sent one in but as I've said this occurs in the main menu or a new game as well but if theres added info we can send regarding computer specs, etc, please let us know.
We’re always working on fixing any crashes people may be experiencing. We will definitely need as much information as possible, so it’s worth making an Issue Tracker report that lists your specs and what else your PC is running in the background when the crash occurs.

We’re always working on fixing any crashes people may be experiencing. We will definitely need as much information as possible, so it’s worth making an Issue Tracker report that lists your specs and what else your PC is running in the background when the crash occurs.
I will definitely add the info on what is running in the background to the report I've made, and will post everywhere I've seen others reporting the issue requesting they add that as well, since I don't believe I've seen people posting that info so far. Is there a specific way it is best to get this info? Just a screenshot of Task Manager or is there a way to export all the details?

ALSO does this mean that the SPECIFIC issue many of us have experienced since the update, where the game freezes to all input but still runs, and then eventually either recovers or crashes -- as reported in the 5 issue tracker entries I linked above from 5 different people and many more in the comments, who were not having any issue before 1.2 and are now crashing every single time within minutes -- is not yet identified?

Top Bottom