Update 1.6.1

They rushed this last dlc to the point that they didnt fix triggers right on blueprints and even forgot to include videos for the remotion blueprint

And then when its noticed they dont answer. They ignore the problem.. But yeah.. Awesome job frontier.. You guys are fantastic.. Best developer ever

I'm not surprised really - the community was being impatient and demanding updates after a matter of weeks since the last one. We seem to live in a world now where people want everything now. In addition, sarcastic comments like your comments will not exactly be motivational.

I am not blind to the issues that the game has. However I am an adult who does not require spoon-feeding and acknowledges that this is not a large company, they are trying to push out another game which will be released immediately and I remember a time when games were released and never looked at again by a developer. I grew up on games that were buggy as hell and I would've done anything to have a developer that continued to supply updates (both paid and free) two years after release. Report the bugs, be patient, play the game and appreciate the updates.

The game isn't what you thought it would be? Maybe that is your mistake. I read reviews, watched gameplay, visited forums and knew exactly what I was buying.

I am getting a bit bored of endless threads and comments where people are just slating them for not communicating constantly. I would much rather that they focus on game development than pandering to the few. Most of us older timers accept the game for what it is and are quite happy plodding along at this rate, appreciating what we have. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Dev diaries and concept work however doesn't the live stream at least cover a few points? I don't have the time to watch them all but that is a sure fire way of engaging in communication?

Last point - it has only been a week. ONE WEEK. Did you expect everything to be fixed from the latest update? The only way to truly QA a game is upon release. They aren't big enough to have a substantial QA team so I would always expect bugs initially. Be grateful that it looks like they are pushing out bug fixes as and when.

I'll stop there before I get into rant territory.

More on topic point - QA Mark has been very active in the bug reports section so hopefully that'll bring some reassurance to those concerned about future bug fixes.

[up]
I'm not surprised really - the community was being impatient and demanding updates after a matter of weeks since the last one. We seem to live in a world now where people want everything now. In addition, sarcastic comments like your comments will not exactly be motivational.

I am not blind to the issues that the game has. However I am an adult who does not require spoon-feeding and acknowledges that this is not a large company, they are trying to push out another game which will be released immediately and I remember a time when games were released and never looked at again by a developer. I grew up on games that were buggy as hell and I would've done anything to have a developer that continued to supply updates (both paid and free) two years after release. Report the bugs, be patient, play the game and appreciate the updates.

The game isn't what you thought it would be? Maybe that is your mistake. I read reviews, watched gameplay, visited forums and knew exactly what I was buying.

I am getting a bit bored of endless threads and comments where people are just slating them for not communicating constantly. I would much rather that they focus on game development than pandering to the few. Most of us older timers accept the game for what it is and are quite happy plodding along at this rate, appreciating what we have. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Dev diaries and concept work however doesn't the live stream at least cover a few points? I don't have the time to watch them all but that is a sure fire way of engaging in communication?

Last point - it has only been a week. ONE WEEK. Did you expect everything to be fixed from the latest update? The only way to truly QA a game is upon release. They aren't big enough to have a substantial QA team so I would always expect bugs initially. Be grateful that it looks like they are pushing out bug fixes as and when.

Wake up people. We need to all band together to let them know how we feel

I'm already awake and prefer to keep things civil, it makes better reading. I don't feel emotional about any of this anyway. Fair enough have a laugh at calling a text change a bug, but I don't subscribes to bad vibes (or lengthy comments!).

As a developer myself (of websites not software) there's a nerdy humour around what is or isn't a bug. That's where my cheeky one-line remark earlier in this thread came from. Missing video from a blueprint is another 'not a bug', it's a content omission. A bug would be if you pressed play and the video flickers and stops, etc. Your only option is to suggest the idea of including a video in the blueprint. Or place a video there yourself. I won't argue about it though, not worth it.

I care about the bugs or problems that affect my parks of course, like the ones I've reported, but all in a scientific way, with occasional humour or fun. There's no show-stoppers here for me. If it gets addressed, great. If not, I'll keep building anyway.

Looking forward to future updates!

People seem to more demand bug fixes than updates here, and rightfully so. The game still has some serious issues that so far, as far as we know, have been completely ignored. Frustrating indeed.

More on topic point - QA Mark has been very active in the bug reports section so hopefully that'll bring some reassurance to those concerned about future bug fixes.

Yep, starting up again a bit after recent lack of QA posts on new bug reports was brought up in this topic. “Coincidence? I THINK NOT!” And even if it is coincidence, it looks off -- failure to manage appearances can be a death knell to this kind of thing. Which brings us to . . .

People seem to more demand bug fixes than updates here, and rightfully so. The game still has some serious issues that so far, as far as we know, have been completely ignored. Frustrating indeed.

And how are the voicing of these issues and the frustrations with them being handled? Various suppressions and silencing tactics, including calls for impossible-to-practically-define civility/patience/respectibility and false accusations of rudeness against them. Even shaming posts on bug reports. It all makes it look like Frontier has something to hide, whether they do or not. Deprioritizing support for PlanCo, for whatever reasons? We recently went quite a while without so much as a bug-fix update -- sure looks like it . . .

. . . As a developer myself (of websites not software) there's a nerdy humour around what is or isn't a bug. That's where my cheeky one-line remark earlier in this thread came from. Missing video from a blueprint is another 'not a bug', it's a content omission. A bug would be if you pressed play and the video flickers and stops, etc. Your only option is to suggest the idea of including a video in the blueprint. Or place a video there yourself . . .

Most developers are developers, most customers aren't -- good QA doesn't downcheck reported issues because the jargon doesn't meet developer standards, they do what it takes to research the issues and get the problems fixed. (To their credit, this is what anybody with QA in front of their handle usually did with anything they posted on. Usually) However humorously applied, this kind of shaming is one more silencing tactic.

This game is different things to different people. If your focus is on park management then the recent (and not) management issues should obviously take priority and the texture glitches are minor -- if you're in this to build beautiful parks then the texture issues are a major concern and people dismissively demeaning their importance to the game is galling. We're all customers, our issues with the game are important, and should be important to Frontier.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a poor show to take a full week for a very trivial typo and balance tweak that could have been fixed during lunch hour, figuratively speaking.

If Frontier is -as you imply- trying to hide something, they are not very good at it: I think it is pretty obvious that crunchtime for that dinosaur game has begun and support for PlanCo is on the backburner at least for now, possibly forever.

Funny thing that I've noticed about the texture bug now that I've had some time to think on it... We've had this exact same bug crop up in the past with other items.... That can now be recolored when they weren't originally... I think the texture bugged items might be getting Flexi color added to them.

You do realise they are a large company though? One with £34 million pounds turnover with £8 million pounds profit.... Just saying.

Not going to lie, who actually wanted the studios pack as the next dlc? And if you did, did you get what you wanted?

It is a poor show to take a full week for a very trivial typo and balance tweak that could have been fixed during lunch hour, figuratively speaking.

Updating any software is a little bit more complicated and involved even for a typo fix than doing the same thing in a word document. Regardless what you update in a massive software like Planet Coaster you have to go through a certain process, checking to make sure nothing else breaks etc. It is not a typo that needs to be fixed in a Word document we are talking about here. That's why you never see any updates for any software of this scale that involves just one or a few minor fix.

Other factors here might also be that it has been along holiday weekend with most people off from Thursday afternoon through Monday so yesterday Tuesday was the first day back for many since the bug reports came in. I'm sure none of us wanted them to rush out a fix just before they went on holiday just to end up with a new game breaking bug (due to having to rush) leaving the game unplayable over the Easter holiday. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Other factors here might also be that it has been along holiday weekend with most people off from Thursday afternoon through Monday so yesterday Tuesday was the first day back for many since the bug reports came in. I'm sure none of us wanted them to rush out a fix just before they went on holiday just to end up with a new game breaking bug (due to having to rush) leaving the game unplayable over the Easter holiday. But that's just me.

We are talking about serious bugs in general that are reported already several times for more than a year now...
This has nothing to do with the studio’s pack or impatience after the Easter holiday...
The update 1.6 on the other hand makes clear that Frontier has less priority in fixing things. After months of silence we expected finaly a big patch. We mean a patch for the things that were ok in the beginning, but are broken a long time ago during an update and the things that don’t work as intended from the start. The things that Devs already acknowledged months ago...

Updates are looking good but...

Hi Frontier

I love the updates and I love the game but have you fixed the annoying bug where if the park gets big it slows right down even with settings set to low and no people in the park. It gets annoying when you want to entrain people or look at other peoples creations and you can't because the game runs too slow. Once this gets fixed the game will be an amazing experience.

I wonder if Frontier has reassigned team peoples to work more on the Jurassic game? So the one working for PlanCo are essentially the people working with graphics and animations and less of the actual game cruncher people which have been reassigned to Jurassic?

I know they had two teams one for Elite and one for PlanCo, but now?

I am not saying it is so, I am just wondering. Maybe it would explain things.

I want to give praise to Frontier for making amazing stuff. It has to be said constantly. No debate.
But I also post to hope for the "rest" to come.

Hi Frontier

I love the updates and I love the game but have you fixed the annoying bug where if the park gets big it slows right down even with settings set to low and no people in the park. It gets annoying when you want to entrain people or look at other peoples creations and you can't because the game runs too slow. Once this gets fixed the game will be an amazing experience.

If it's the bug I think it is then that's a DirectX 11 limitation which is what the game uses.

Shane

Yep, starting up again a bit after recent lack of QA posts on new bug reports was brought up in this topic. “Coincidence? I THINK NOT!” And even if it is coincidence, it looks off -- failure to manage appearances can be a death knell to this kind of thing. Which brings us to . . .

It was Easter holidays....... [rolleyes]

They deserve their days off as well....

Last edited:
We are talking about serious bugs in general that are reported already several times for more than a year now...
This has nothing to do with the studio’s pack or impatience after the Easter holiday...
The update 1.6 on the other hand makes clear that Frontier has less priority in fixing things. After months of silence we expected finaly a big patch. We mean a patch for the things that were ok in the beginning, but are broken a long time ago during an update and the things that don’t work as intended from the start. The things that Devs already acknowledged months ago...

My comment was directed to the specific post I quoted where the poster implied that it took the devs. too long from 1.6.1 release to fix a few "trivial things". I simply just stated that it was Easter and they probably were off.

Then, what you (or as you referred to it, everyone...) expected for this update and what you got is irrelevant in the discussion. We got one of the biggest updates since the launch of the game, both on the free side and the DLC side. Frontier is the one deciding where to spend their time to fix/develop stuff. They have been around for some time so probably feel very comfortable in what they are doing. This is not their first rodeo. Just because they have acknowledged an issue or bug doesn't mean it it trivial or easy to fix. Just look at the path tunneling that they hoped would come in the winter update but delayed because it had issues. We now got it here instead. But it took some time to fix it for reasons we don't know.

It was Easter holidays....... [rolleyes]

They deserve their days off as well....

I've never worked anywhere that gave either Friday or Monday off for Easter -- I once transferred into an office on Good Friday that had me working Easter Sunday because I was the newest there (never happier to get hit by a layoff). Frontier gives time off around Easter? Great -- saying so beforehand would've done a significantly better job of managing customer's expectations.

Unless Frontier doesn't care anymore about PlanCo customers' expectations beyond convincing us to buy JWE, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frontier gives time off around Easter? Great -- saying so beforehand would've done a significantly better job of managing customer's expectations.

So now Frontier should be sharing their staff rota with the rest of us? Incredible... [ugh] I don't know where you're located it but in the UK they are public holidays so the majority will have the day off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom