Update 1.6.1

Stop exaggerating things, the majority of posters in this thread defending Frontier are not 'cheerleaders' they're trying to make you see things from a realistic perspective. Being completely disrespectful in some of your comments to/about the devs (which you've done once more in the previous post) and some of the forum posters is not doing you any favours. No-one is stopping you saying negative things/bringing up issues and that's been explained numerous times before. It's when you start doing things like complaining for example in your bug report threads when you didn't get a reply for a couple of days then queried why there had been no reply for you to then follow up a few days after that going off on one ranting and raving about how the game was a disappointment.

The few in this thread that are going OTT with their views seem to have no problem getting their opinions across but when someone tries to explain things from their and Frontier's perspective you don't seem to like it and get all defensive. Whether some are trolling or just have completely unrealistic expectations, I'm still on the fence at this point...

Right you chose one section out of everytbi g that I said to call it out.. And Im exaggerating that you arent defending everythi g they do.. I made perfectly good points to which you decided to be blind to because they are correct.. And you dont wanna hear anything bad about your precious frontier.. People like bitter jeweler calling us drama because we complain about anything at all. And what you see as badmouthing the company I see as ststing facts. I dont need you to make me see a realistic perspective.. Because ai already do. I have had this game since beta. What you say is trying to make me see froma realistic perspective.. I Say is trying tonmake me a cheerleader for their cause too. And those bug threads... After days of silence from them yes replied again to make sure they see we are noticing they arent responding or fixing things.. I was proving a point.. To which i definitely proved in my eyes. Once again.. Bugs a year or more old.. Not fixed. Bht yeah they do no wrong.. I dont why you all keep saying ohh sorry you didnt get what you wanted in the game.. You mean.. A game where things are fixed ina timely manner.. Then yes.. I didnt get that.. And guess what neither did anyone else. It doesnt matter what you wanted in this game.. No one got it. Management.. Nipe.. Sandbox.. Sure with tons of issuess.. Scenario... A joke.. Career.. Nope.. Bad as well.. So o one really got what the game was supposed to be because I dont even thino they know whats its supposed to be. You cant add more management stuff to make people. Calling for that and think its good because you never fixed underlying ussues to behin with.. Its lime cover a hole with duck tape.. The holes still there..

As for a generational thing.. Nope highly doubt that either. Just because you assume im a kid who wants things fast or whatever you were trying to get at.. You are wrong on that buddy.. Im most likely old enough to be your father. Maybe the issue is generational where you think you have to be right and seek some sort of.. Praise from a company that doesnt care about you. As long as you keep defending them thats all they want to hear is the good.. Not the bad. I was told this in a roundabout way by Bo herself. They want featured creators who arent negative.. So basicaly people who praise them constantly.. And they do not want to hear anything bad about the game at all.

Please can we keep the discussion about the update. If you wish to discuss the community and the games issues, do so here https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/31859-A-community-divided-by-a-game-that-went-astray-of-its-original-vision. Please keep discussions civil what ever your views. Critism is great , but keep it respectful and those who disagree, that's fine but also you need to be respectful too.

Any update creates new games issues. To discuss about this update needs also to discuss about the new issues which have an effect on the whole game (like the white chimney) and how Frontier handle this kind of problems in the past.

Last edited:
Any update creates new games issues. To discuss about this update needs also to discuss about the new issues which have an effect on the whole game (like the white chimney) and how Frontier handle this kind of problems in the past.

True to a point. The new issues though I would have thought would have been in the form of bug reports in the relevant forum rather than simple discussion.

Shane

True to a point. The new issues though I would have thought would have been in the form of bug reports in the relevant forum rather than simple discussion.

Yep, they were. And we were told they were being worked on and we'd get an update this week. Which fixed a few things (thanks fix-it devs), but didn't fix a lot of others (some literally game-changing), and there's been nothing saying we won't be waiting another 70 days, or longer, or forever (now that they're working on JWE), and this topic's got several posts from Frontier's so-called supporters outright jeering that we could expect otherwise.

If a given issue isn't fixed after an update, that's appropriate to post on the issue's bug report -- the rest of this just confuses the issue, IMHO. But were fixes we were told to expect included in a fix-update? If not, do we have an ETR on 'em? Are we happy/unhappy with what this update fixed, and why? You think those go in a bug report? I think it's pretty clear that those go (at minimum) on the update topic. And here we are.

I'm not sure on the ETA side as that's Frontier's area. What does matter IMO is that if something isn't working right it's best as a bug report (although I can understand general feedback being posted here as that would just confuse things if they were bug reports).

Personally I know some things need to be fixed though although I normally try and file bug reports on these where I can.

My two cents on things.

Shane

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator

If it is an issue that is related to the update that is fine [happy], though reporting a bug would probably be better. My post is regarding the general debate in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom