IMPORTANT: Update 1.6.2

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
How do you get in touch with the planet coaster if you have any questions???

I have had some questions that I have long wanted to ask, but I've never got through it because I have not had this opportunity.

Is there anyone who can help me with some questions

Sincerely Jammin16.

:pc::blue:

Hey Jammin16,

Open a thread in Planet Coaster Discussions if you want to ask a question or want to discuss something with the community.
Open a ticket at Frontier Support if you have a problem and need customer support for Planet Coaster.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Psst Frontier!

When I watched the video about 1.6 I got excited about the crazy change color on trigger (including fading).

Now as I tried to test it, only very small range of objects you can do this on!

Fire hydrant, a stationary non-animated object you can trigger color change.

But not the witch, animatronic.

Inconsistent.

But what I would love to see.... Do the candies! All of them! Flowers! Object shapes! PSYCHEDELIC SHOW! please. :)

Edit: I realize now, it is because the Witch is not recolorable as default. Duh. Bad example. But the rest? please ;D

Last edited:
Psst Frontier!

When I watched the video about 1.6 I got excited about the crazy change color on trigger (including fading).

Now as I tried to test it, only very small range of objects you can do this on!

Fire hydrant, a stationary non-animated object you can trigger color change.

But not the witch, animatronic.

Inconsistent.

But what I would love to see.... Do the candies! All of them! Flowers! Object shapes! PSYCHEDELIC SHOW! please. :)

Edit: I realize now, it is because the Witch is not recolorable as default. Duh. Bad example. But the rest? please ;D

I wish everything was recolorable. That would seriously solve a lot of my problems.

aaaaaaand... now I am back on the mods train remembering the fan made editor for the Sims (2 & 3 i think) that would let you recolor and retexture ANYTHING.

BUT!!! To stay on topic the color change panels have been a huge boon and even though they have caused me to have to redo every single Dark Elf thing I had made, I can now share them on the Workshop and I have fewer reasons to cajole people into downloading my art pack. That has been pretty huge for me personally. Again... THE POWER OF RECOLOR!

Last edited:
1.6.3... Yeah.. Extremely needed.. Come on Frontier.. Its been weeks. Are we going to have to wait til the next DLC drops to get the bug fixes..

Last edited:
1.6.3... Yeah.. Extremely needed.. Come on Frontier.. Its been weeks. Are we going to have to wait til the next DLC drops to get the bug fixes..

I can’t see any sort of ‘update’ until at least after this Jurassic Poke game is released, even then it may be a while....would love to be proved wrong.

I can’t see any sort of ‘update’ until at least after this Jurassic Poke game is released, even then it may be a while....would love to be proved wrong.

emphasis mine

Don't know if that was a typo or a clever gibe. I am calling it JURASSIC POKE from now on.

I have the feeling that they don't care about PC anymore. I mean, I understand that they are focusing on JW but there are a lot of PC fans that don't care about JW.

I have the feeling that they don't care about PC anymore. I mean, I understand that they are focusing on JW but there are a lot of PC fans that don't care about JW.

Who told you that (The focusing part on JWE)?

The only place you read that kind of stories is on forums with "fans" that don't get what they want.

Last edited:
Who told you that (The focusing part on JWE)?

The only place you read that kind of stories is on forums with "fans" that don't get what they want.

And then you get responses back from supercheerboys like this who try to defend every single little complaint anyone has about Frontier or Planco.

The bugs aren't even going to the dev team. Who knows where they are going when reported on the forums. But according to them. They haven't had any complaints about the Advanced Move crash that many people are having and has been reported here on the forums in in bug reports.

Its obvious they don't care about Planco anymore. You just have to take off your cheerleader glasses to see the mess this game has become.

Once Again... are we going to have to wait 4 months for even just a simple patch to the game to fix the bugs Frontier?

Last edited:
I am frustrated with PC, too. RCT3 was a good game despite the problems with too much custom scenery in a park, and Parkitect is looking to be a good game. Only RCT3 though has a majority of the rides we’re asking for in PC. I wish Frontier would have never have used Steam, or give us an option to save subscribed blueprints locally without having to resave each one one at a time. There are big problems with Steam, randomly all my blueprints except my own will vanish and this time they don’t seem to be coming back. Is there a way to transfer the game to a new steam account and start over with subscribed blueprints or do I have to rebuy it for $86 with all dlc’s?

Last edited:
And then you get responses back from supercheerboys like this who try to defend every single little complaint anyone has about Frontier or Planco.

The bugs aren't even going to the dev team. Who knows where they are going when reported on the forums. But according to them. They haven't had any complaints about the Advanced Move crash that many people are having and has been reported here on the forums in in bug reports.

Its obvious they don't care about Planco anymore. You just have to take off your cheerleader glasses to see the mess this game has become.

Once Again... are we going to have to wait 4 months for even just a simple patch to the game to fix the bugs Frontier?

I see you feel spoken to.

You can call me a fanboy which im not. I like racegames way more and i am genuinly bothered with the way codemasters handled F1 the last few years.

At least im one of prbably many who can at least enjoy PC as it currently is.

I was talking about the game not being worked on which i believe is not the case

Last edited:
You seem to think that every complaint we have about the game is from someone who isn't getting what they want specifically.. Sure that's always an issue. There are things I'd like to have in the game that haven't been added but mostly I just want the problems fixed. The big issue that Frontier isn't listening to its own community anymore yet it claims it does. If they are listening to anything at all its the people who say good things about it. They are not listening to complaints. They aren't even logging the bugs from the bug feedback forum. Rudi Renkammel proved this about a week ago.

The game was fine in the beginning but they keep messing with it and making it worse and won't even fix their mess. I've read many of your comments on here that basically make you a defender for Frontier. Like the ones above. I used to be a Featured Creator for them but they decided I was too negative towards the game because I pointed out issues. This shows exactly what they do with bad feedback. They don't listen. They just want to say they do to look good and you guys eat up every lie from them. And when you have people like yourself belittling people who have complaints. Well.. that makes you supercheerboy.

Sure its being worked on.. by a third string team.. The original devs who worked on it passionately have been taken off to do Jurassic Park you can tell because the only bugs that seem to be fixed are only things with the 1.6 update. This is most likely because the ones working on it now don't know or understand the previous development so they can only fix things or understand theres an issue if its something they actually worked on. And right now thats all they care about. They don't tell us squat about this game because they are too busy marketing JWE. They are pulling the same marketing stunts with JWE they did with Planco. All talk .. then once the game is out and sold its copies.. forget about it.

Also I'm not sure how anyone can enjoy the game as it currently is.. unless you barely play it at all. It constantly crashes with larger size parks sometimes even in smaller parks.. the auto save barely works.. causing you to lose hours of work when it does crash.. the copy/move is almost always off which is more of an annoyance than anything.. every time we get an update they mess the colors up on pieces. Half the things they said they fixed in 1.6.. Were not.. like the Triggered Sound effects.

I love the game... I just want to see it fixed and improved. I play it constantly but everytime I do I run into issue after issue that just makes me rant and rave that these things haven't been fixed. We went 4 months without a patch last time.. and it looks like its going to happen again. its hard to fix a problem when you do it along with introducing a bunch of new stuff and even more problems. They should fix the bugs first then concentrate on the DLC/Update. Its just common sense.

Last edited:
The last update, the one this thread is actually about, only seem to address minor polishing and low-priority finishing tweaks to the DLC content. This is just my speculation, but I feel those issues were already on the backlog and known before releasing the DLC, but some product owner decided that they could easily ship the thing without addressing them now. I assume the art team have streamlined tools that allow them to adjust assets without the need for a developer or access to the source code, so the art team can just tweak away while the developers have (temporary?) been re-allocated to a certain other project. It is rather striking that the last patch only addresses arguably unnecessary tweaks to DLC content while not a single newly reported issue or degradation since 1.6.0 has even been acknowledged, let alone fixed.

Last edited:
Rudi Renkammel proved this about a week ago.

I missed that.... Do you remember where?

I absolutely agree that the way Frontier handles it all is not how I (and you probably) would handle it.
But I do not believe they abandoned the project.

On his discord is my understanding.. I'm not in Rudis discord personally. Had about 3 people tell me about it one evening while I was streaming. He told his story about what happened and asked everyone on his discord to email the frontier ticket support team about the advanced move crash because they told him they hadnt received any complaints or feedback about it. Which makes me wonder what happens to our reports in the bug forum here. I also have an experience with the ticket support team not knowing anything about the auto save issues a day after they finally admitted its an actual problem in the bug threads.

On his discord is my understanding.. I'm not in Rudis discord personally. Had about 3 people tell me about it one evening while I was streaming. He told his story about what happened and asked everyone on his discord to email the frontier ticket support team about the advanced move crash because they told him they hadnt received any complaints or feedback about it. Which makes me wonder what happens to our reports in the bug forum here. I also have an experience with the ticket support team not knowing anything about the auto save issues a day after they finally admitted its an actual problem in the bug threads.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not on his discord. Still he is as much on the sideline as us.
Even as "master builder" I don't think Frontier would be telling him that.

My biggest concern in the bugs forum, and you've seen that, is the process in determing if something is wrong. They cross reference it with earlier builds, but that won't help if a bug is in there for more versions than the latest. If they do it that way, and they deem it not a bug, yes, I think it never gets to the dev team, but that depends on the bug.

I am also hoping for that major fix that everybody is begging for.
But untill that arrives I am making the best of it and try to be as positive as I can be, but maybe a bit to aggressive positively, for which I apologize to anybody who feels offended with my style of posting, and would try to adjust my style of posting [up].

Last edited:
Top Bottom