Update 1.7.3

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi all,

We're updating Planet Coaster to update 1.7.3 today. Here are the details:

Staff, Guests and Facilities Bug Fixes
  • Vendors no longer get stuck when deleting a Staff Building they are in
  • Fixed an issue where Mechanics and Vendors would get stuck at the exits of rides
  • Fixed an issue where guests would not exit rides
  • Fixed an issue where Mechanics would get stuck inspecting Vending Machines
  • Fixed an issue where Janitors would occasionally get stuck emptying bins
  • Fixed an issue where staff would not visit Staff Buildings

Ride Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the wings on the Test Flight flat ride were not aligned properly
  • Improved the light sequences for the Centrum and Test Flight flat rides

Scenery Bug Fixes
  • Improved where guests sit on benches in the Vintage pack
  • The Lightbox Lettering A in the Vintage Pack now has a more shapely number of lights
  • The Vintage Ride Booth can now be selected with the multi-select tool
  • Fixed an issue where Video Billboards would not load their selected video
  • Improved the stability of the Advanced Move function

Audio Bug Fixes
  • Improved the performance of User Music on Park Speakers

UI Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where a grid would sometimes appear around paths
  • General stability fixes and improvements

> Improved the stability of the Advanced Move function

Can we have some clarity on this? Is this the dreaded advanced move freezes?

There was a reported issue where some players might experiences crashes when using advanced move with billboards. This has been fixed :)

Is the fix unique to billboards? I'm referring to the freezes that many of us get when using advanced move in very very large parks, however I don't think in any situation this has happened to me has involved billboards.

I've just gone into one of my gigantic parks and sat and advanced-move-duplicated, I added roughly 150,000 objects to the park in doing this, normally my game client would freeze at some point but there was no freezes today! Am I just lucky here or is the fix referred to in the patch notes also address this?

There was a reported issue where some players might experiences crashes when using advanced move with billboards. This has been fixed :)

I would like a clarification if they are still working on the real issue or this was just miscomunication.

We NEVER said the crashes and freezes were because of the billboards. Moving anything with the advanced move tool (multiple selected mostly but also single pieces sometimes) freezed the game and crashed.
If austosave was activated (i have it deactivated and happens much less, but still happens) if the advanced move was triggered at the same time the autosave kicked in, the probability of freezing went up the roof.
Seems on really big parks with lots of piece count, when you advance move, theres a ram spike, because it tries to open the items menu at the same time (that lags SEVERLY on parks with high piece count), although sometimes this also happens with that menu already opened, that can freeze and crash your game loosing all not saved work (and becuase you cant deactivate the autosave on the menu, and this crash happens mostly on autosave, lots of people are losing a LOT of work).
The more ram you have available, the more time the game will wait till this crash appears in your save file, but its like a time bomb, the more piece count you have in the park the more probability the crash will come in the future, doesnt matter how much ram you have (people with 16gb have still experienced it).

To make this crash appear much later on my bigger piece count parks, I play at 720p window mode (when normally i can play 1080p) and have deactivated the autosave on the .ini file. I have 6gb ram, so it still happens, but much less.

I hope this clarifies the problem all the players are experiencing with the game right now (its really not only a few with this bug). But as I said, maybe is just miscomunication and the adavanced move stability has been improved in general, and not only for billboards. And if this last part is true, I thank a bunch Frontier for fixing this :D

I would like a clarification if they are still working on the real issue or this was just miscomunication.

We NEVER said the crashes and freezes were because of the billboards. Moving anything with the advanced move tool (multiple selected mostly but also single pieces sometimes) freezed the game and crashed.

That's probably why the notes mention "improved" and not "fixed". This very specific case (which is a rare one, according to you) has been fixed; Thus the situation has been (slightly?) improved, but certainly not resolved altogether.

I'm somewhat impressed by the fix for the lights in the letter 'A'. I read the bug report about it and the generic QA answer as well as previous experience, did not give me the feeling that bug reports on scenery pieces are being taken seriously at all. But I guess the art team has learned its lesson to listen to the community more after the white texture fiasco. Good!

If austosave was activated (i have it deactivated and happens much less, but still happens) if the advanced move was triggered at the same time the autosave kicked in, the probability of freezing went up the roof.
Seems on really big parks with lots of piece count, when you advance move, theres a ram spike, because it tries to open the items menu at the same time (that lags SEVERLY on parks with high piece count), although sometimes this also happens with that menu already opened, that can freeze and crash your game loosing all not saved work (and becuase you cant deactivate the autosave on the menu, and this crash happens mostly on autosave, lots of people are losing a LOT of work).
The more ram you have available, the more time the game will wait till this crash appears in your save file, but its like a time bomb, the more piece count you have in the park the more probability the crash will come in the future, doesnt matter how much ram you have (people with 16gb have still experienced it).

To make this crash appear much later on my bigger piece count parks, I play at 720p window mode (when normally i can play 1080p) and have deactivated the autosave on the .ini file. I have 6gb ram, so it still happens, but much less.

I hope this clarifies the problem all the players are experiencing with the game right now (its really not only a few with this bug). But as I said, maybe is just miscomunication and the adavanced move stability has been improved in general, and not only for billboards. And if this last part is true, I thank a bunch Frontier for fixing this :D

Maybe there were people that had crashes with billboards, but pretty sure me and everyone I asked before making this post https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/32915-Planet-Coaster-crashes?p=237752&viewfull=1#post237752 didn't had any problems with using billboards regarding these crashes at all.. I also did reply to that in my forum post.. same for Rudi Rennkamel.. but doesn't seem like anyone read this after that?

Really hope we can get some clarification indeed.. Thank you in advance :)

I'm confused by all the crash reports I see.
The game hasn't crashed on me for over a year.

Thank You

Thank you so much for the bug fixing version and sorry for my unpatience. It wasn't a joy to see the whole park become dirty.[big grin][big grin][big grin]

Best regards

Wow, thats nice! I hope that more of these fixing-updates will follow!
Especially happy with the new letter 'A'... Before 1.7.3., it was just an upside-down 'V'... [up][up][up][up]

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
To respond to the advanced move queries, that's my bad, I got it mixed up with a very specific issue! The improvement is not billboard specific, it relates to improvements to stability when using advanced move overall.

Thanks for the fixes. I'll be testing the one about lit windows (and other billboards) not loading stock Frontier textures (although they load custom textures just fine). Also, glad to hear about the improvements for Advanced Move crashes.

Top Bottom