ANNOUNCEMENT Update 1.8.1 and Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary Out Now!

Does anyone know if you have grown a plant do you need to keep it in the greenhouse ? Or can i remove it and will it still be able to be used ?

Thank you so much for this update and DLC! I had work on the day of release and just started playing this game as of writing this message. Let me just say, I have a huge smile on my face riding the gyrosphere tour I made. Thank you so much for building on JWE, it means a lot that this game exists and the team behind it are truly talented and dedicated people. Well done! And thank you! ♥️ 🦕

amazing the walking animation when go to the other direction work pretty well , the running animation is now better but we need a bit of new animation of the tail and head like they do in walk mode

Looked into the challenge mode changes, and they're everything I was hoping for. Thank you Frontier for that amazing edition! I will certainly be playing many more challenges from now on.

Warning dlc claire sound broken bug problem frame rate maps please 🙏 new update Frontier thanks ,bug mission sick dinosaur 😩😩

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the new content, but I have one observation: not a bug, but perhaps an unintended consequence of the new 4 x 2 layout of fence types.

I play on PC, with a Xbox-style controller, and want to replace an existing fence with the Heavy Steel variety:
  1. I select Heavy Steel.
  2. I press Down to get to the Replace toggle. This changes the selection from Heavy Steel to Gate.
  3. I press Down again to get to the Replace toggle, and change it to ON.
  4. I press Up twice to get back to Heavy Steel, and can now replace the fence.

This was not an issue in the old selection layout, which was only one option high, so the selected type didn't change when I pressed down to get to the toggle.

Please let me know if I should file a bug report - but nothing is strictly broken.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the new content, but I have one observation: not a bug, but perhaps an unintended consequence of the new 4 x 2 layout of fence types.

I play on PC, with a Xbox-style controller, and want to replace an existing fence with the Heavy Steel variety:
  1. I select Heavy Steel.
  2. I press Down to get to the Replace toggle. This changes the selection from Heavy Steel to Gate.
  3. I press Down again to get to the Replace toggle, and change it to ON.
  4. I press Up twice to get back to Heavy Steel, and can now replace the fence.
View attachment 135263

This was not an issue in the old selection layout, which was only one option high, so the selected type didn't change when I pressed down to get to the toggle.

Please let me know if I should file a bug report - but nothing is strictly broken.

It does it with the terrain tools as well if you change the size of the brush it resets it to trees... haha

Hi i'm having a bad issue with your new Claire Dearing DLC Sanctuary i just beat the game today, and after purchasing it on june the 18th I have a streamed verson of the game along with alll the DLC added on. well my problem is I did not get the Albertosaurus in my DLC at all to unlock. I have this game of yours on my PS4 , so how will your Company rectify this for me I shelled 15 dollars of my hard errand Money for this.

Hi i'm having a bad issue with your new Claire Dearing DLC Sanctuary i just beat the game today, and after purchasing it on june the 18th I have a streamed verson of the game along with alll the DLC added on. well my problem is I did not get the Albertosaurus in my DLC at all to unlock. I have this game of yours on my PS4 , so how will your Company rectify this for me I shelled 15 dollars of my hard errand Money for this.
In the campaign mode you need to research them after you finished the Claire's Sanctuary dlc, they are found under fossils in the research tab.
Before you can unlock these species you need to have met a certain level with one of the divisions on different islands depending on what specie.
For that you might have to play that island and get the required level with the division to unlock them.

Yeah Man, Lora Craft is right, you have to actually look at everything, rather than just assume and be mad at the developers. Alberto requires Entertainemnt on Peña, Euo requires Science on Muerta, and Ourano need Entertainment on Siena if I recall. All after doing all missions on the DLC

Hi Frontier,

Bought the DLC and managed to complete it over the weekend. Loved it, so will be sure to throw a review on to Steam.

One suggestion for the new scenery items in update 1.8 - I love using them, they really add another dimension to the parks we can build, but do you think you could name them something other than Tree 1, Tree 2, Rock 3 etc? Seems a bit lack-lustre. I’d suggest naming the trees by the species they’re supposed to represent, and describe the rocks - Large Round Rock, Large Triangular Rock, Small Rock Triplet...
I’ll have a think of names and put them up.

Does anyone know if you have grown a plant do you need to keep it in the greenhouse ? Or can i remove it and will it still be able to be used ?
Once the ranger team loads the feeder(s) you can remove the plants to grow others. But once that feeder runs out of refills you'll need to grow them again.

Top Bottom