Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

How's the new cockpit glass looking? Haven't had a chance to check it myself yet.
They did mighty good optimizing there, yes they did. It is a very clear glass now, almost like it's not even there... Seriously thou downgrading and removing shaders isn't optimizing. Couple more "optimizations" like that and the future of ody on consoles is assured.

Hi @sallymorganmoore - regarding issue https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/45812 (Scorpion outfitting camera), while it is now possible to see the decals being applied to the vehicle, when trying to look at the paintjob in VR it still looks like you've just been run over and have to gauge what the colour looks like based on the front-right wheel covering 😅
IveBeenRunOver.jpg

Will keep discussing for more info, promise o7! If we can get something more for you in time for the next 'Top Issues' update we will. Really appreciate it's still really high up for you.

Thank you thank you thank you 1000 times!!

Yes, this is really something really high up for me and I'm sure for many others as the voting goes on the Issue Tracker... :p

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hi @sallymorganmoore - regarding issue https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/45812 (Scorpion outfitting camera), while it is now possible to see the decals being applied to the vehicle, when trying to look at the paintjob in VR it still looks like you've just been run over and have to gauge what the colour looks like based on the front-right wheel covering 😅
View attachment 287957

Oh flip, I'll grab this screenie, thank you! Hope the tread marks come out 🤭

Noticed a number of issues.

DC to Main Menu - Mauve Adder when another CMDR was either approaching or in the vicinity

Planetary Scan, unable to see what you have scanned on the other side of the body. Just shows black render.

Unable to slide though firegroups. it pauses and have to keep pressing to move from hardpoints to utilities etc.

Better performance, but issues with lighting and atmospheres not showing/rendering.

It's definitely getting there.

+ Shadows set to medium.
Any idea what type of detail those impact? Setting them to medium gave me a fps increase in on-foot Combat Zones, but would hate to lose too much detail in terrain surfaces during exploration elsewhere. In on foot combat zones instead of dropping to low 30s in busy scenes I saw a minimum of 37fps with most action in low 40s. I also noticed when wandering about Combat Zones away from the action, ie running in after being dropped it seemed to be back to where normal Settlements are in the 50fps range, prior to the update even the quiet areas of a combat zones appeared to take a fps hit.
With Env + FX Quality set to Med, still some drops to high 30s in Combat Zones particularly if jumping and getting a wider scene

Edit was able to set Env + FX Quality to High with no impact

Screenshot_0233.jpg

Screenshot_0236.jpg

When fighting is over
Screenshot_0240.jpg

Last edited:
Exterminate the scavengers, almost every time doing this mission the last one scavenger is nowhere to be found... Is it by design? Very annoying. Pre and post update.

Back
Top Bottom