Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

Interesting development with new patch.

Says ship is docked at station. Cannot board ship as it says no docked ships. No fines, bounties, anything. Crystal Clear record. System map shows ship is there, stations says no ships... What?

Had to access ship through Horizons, then return to Odyssey.

A new or old bug?

Last edited:
Two uses i know of:
One is when the power plant doesn't have enough power for all system so you can configure power priorities to shut off the FSD while weapons are deployed, for example, then when weapons are retracted the FSD only takes 2 seconds to boot.

Second, human players have 2 weapons to force an FSD to reboot after interdiction, again brings the FSD back up in 2 seconds.

And it also has a jump range boost.

on these ships with a large jump, I do not use weapons, this is a research ship, it makes no sense to turn off the FSD, I turn off the cargo hatch and the SRV.

You got me wrong, mate.
I was'nt criticizing you :)
Then I'm sorry, I thought it was criticism.

Last edited:
Looks like this Update did not help anarchies despite high expectations.

• the massacre missions that crash influence seem to be just as damaging as before
  • no security hit sounds nice, but economy is negatively affected as well
  • anarchy missions are still outdated and simply not worth bothering with
  • trade seems to be less effective despite the makeover
  • the few remaining anarchy systems are filling up with carriers which speed up their demise even more
  • Pirate Attack state has negligible to no benefits for anarchies

There are 471 anarchy systems left. About half of what we had when Odyssey hit. Most of them are too small or remote to be traveled. Only 17 remain with a population of a billion or more. Enjoy them while you can. :(

Looks like this Update did not help anarchies despite high expectations.

• the massacre missions that crash influence seem to be just as damaging as before
  • no security hit sounds nice, but economy is negatively affected as well
  • anarchy missions are still outdated and simply not worth bothering with
  • trade seems to be less effective despite the makeover
  • the few remaining anarchy systems are filling up with carriers which speed up their demise even more
  • Pirate Attack state has negligible to no benefits for anarchies

There are 471 anarchy systems left. About half of what we had when Odyssey hit. Most of them are too small or remote to be traveled. Only 17 remain with a population of a billion or more. Enjoy them while you can. :(
It's even worse after Update 10 and/or those server outages. It takes hours for the tick to complete and it feels like the results are all over the place. The anarchy faction I was trying to maintain has lost control over 4 of their 5 systems and repairing the damage seems nigh impossible (for instance I've been running at least ten +3 INF missions in a quiet system for the past week and the faction has only lost influence every update).

Something I'd like to bring up. I was scanning other pilots at a settlement, and the wanted one turned the entire place against me. All of them, even security! I thought they'd go after the one that fired their weapon. Could you please adjust the AI so that, just for once, they can actually help ME (or should I say us) instead of the bad guys? Please.

Something I'd like to bring up. I was scanning other pilots at a settlement, and the wanted one turned the entire place against me. All of them, even security! I thought they'd go after the one that fired their weapon. Could you please adjust the AI so that, just for once, they can actually help ME (or should I say us) instead of the bad guys? Please.
They must not be aware that you are scanning them. As for why the entire base is against you even if one of them has a bounty, let's just say they'd rather side with one of their own than a stranger.

They must not be aware that you are scanning them. As for why the entire base is against you even if one of them has a bounty, let's just say they'd rather side with one of their own than a stranger.
Ok, that's understandable, but what about the other NPC pilots? Are they part of the settlement too?

I'm sorry, are the frontiers going to fix the fact that the routes are not laid, especially on the FSD accelerator? Or is it more important for them to make new skins of pilots' clothes? What the f#ck is going on???

I'm sorry, are the frontiers going to fix the fact that the routes are not laid, especially on the FSD accelerator? Or is it more important for them to make new skins of pilots' clothes?

If you think you have identified a bug and are able to reproduce it consistently have a look in the issue tracker for a report on that bug, find the one with the most submissions & add your own, making sure to tick the 'can reproduce' tick box & provide the info. There's a thread in Dangerous Discussion for raising awareness of bugs:

I would guess the cosmetics are done by different staff to route plotting so that shouldn't be affecting the rate bugs are fixed.

Something else I DESPERATELY hope gets changed. The guards shot to kill for nothing more than a fine, and sent me to detention. MADNESS! It was a fine, not a bounty! When you get a chance, could you please, please, PLEASE change the AI so they at least give a warning first or something and leave it as a fine? Or at least not the far-off prison for a mere fine instead of a bounty...

Perhaps I should re-word: I didn't have a fine until I was scanned, but the problem is that I was killed and jailed for doing an act that gives a fine, not a bounty. I would really like this fixed.

Did you possibly fire a shot at a ship which you shouldn't have?

I've brought down plenty of bounty on myself, mainly by flying drunk, possibly having involuntary fired at a ship and once being attacked firing back. Better to watch one's displays before firing.. :)

Did you possibly fire a shot at a ship which you shouldn't have?

I've brought down plenty of bounty on myself, mainly by flying drunk, possibly having involuntary fired at a ship and once being attacked firing back. Better to watch one's displays before firing.. :)
No, no this was at a settlement on foot. yes, having something illegal is bad, but does a fine really warrant attack and incarceration? what I wouldn't give to have AI punish other NPCs for once.

Would be nice to see an Odyssey data-broker. An alternative to 'the grind', which has turned several towards other platforms.

As for bad fines and complete lack of thought-process in the fine and punishment process. This is an old issue, not yet tackled.

Interesting development with new patch.

Says ship is docked at station. Cannot board ship as it says no docked ships. No fines, bounties, anything. Crystal Clear record. System map shows ship is there, stations says no ships... What?

Had to access ship through Horizons, then return to Odyssey.

A new or old bug?
I've found exactly the same problem : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/48071 is one of several issue reports. Ships shown as at location at Intra Astra and I know they are there as I disembarked from them to reach the concourse but cannot access at lift as it says 'No accessible ships docked'. I travelled by Apex shuttle to another system where I have ships docked and cannot access those either. Tried to access ship through Horizons but after moving ship to a safe point no controls work so cannot even play now. Until this is resolved there is really no point in playing, well done FDev another update farce.

EDIT : Finally after switching to and from horizons to Odyssey a couple of times I managed to use a ship, not the one I selected but that did enable the function to change ships in the hanger, not ideal but at least a workaround.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see an Odyssey data-broker. An alternative to 'the grind', which has turned several towards other platforms.
In theory, this is going to be the bartender aboard player-owned Fleet Carriers, giving Odyssey players a significant reason to check peoples' FCs out. FC owners will be able to buy and sell Odyssey materials via their FC's Bartender. So somebody might, for example, sell Opinion Polls or Settlement Defense Plans that players can buy for credits or trade other materials for in order to obtain them, rather than hunting settlements for them ("grinding", since anything in this game that isn't "buy it with my Dragon's Hoard of credits" is "grinding").

In practice... we have no idea what the status of Update 11 is.

Top Bottom