Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

Any smoke shader optimisations in the pipeline?

Hopefully this helps anarchy factions to stay alive despite getting pummeled.

Also hopefully the commodity BGS fix turns out to be good. Factions gaining more influence the worse you ripped them off and vice-versa was always just bizarre.

Thank you. Good to know this. Clearly my testing wasn't extensive enough!

You'll know the second you hand in a mission, because the ones that fail to give you the INF/REP reward only show the portrait for the destination faction, not both side by side. (And the popups bottom right fail to mention the mission giving faction at all.)

EDIT: screenshot from a passenger mission hand-in which only shows the delivery faction:

20220124202646_1.jpg

Hello!
Not as part of this update, as you can see from the notes, BUT we'll farm as much info as possible leading up to our next status update on the Issue Tracker Top 20 segment soon.
I don't think it's nice that we're being forced to use this system. I reported several bugs that just expired after some time. Only the bugs that get pushed the most are considered. Many annoying errors are not taken into account in this way. To be honest, I'm tired of reporting bugs in the issue tracker.

Optimisation
The following features have received optimisation improvements:
  • Looking at/through glass
  • Cockpit glass
  • Galaxy and System Map functionality
  • Forward lit VFX
  • Planet fine textures
  • Shadows
  • Emissive rescaling

Ships & SRVs
  • SRV helm audio will no longer be replicated across crew members
  • Deployed vessels will retain their ship owner ID as intended
  • Camera angles for the livery screen on the Scorpion SRV were adjusted
  • A detailing issues on the Azure paint job on the Asp Explorer’s was fixed
  • Gold and black paint job colours were adjusted
  • Ember paint jobs were adjusted
  • Midnight Black paint jobs were adjusted
O7

Oh no... you changed Midnight Black, Gold and Black Paintjobs... let's hope, they will look better than befor.
Gold and Chrome (especially chrome) shouldn't look like tinfoil, let it be chrome as we know (and hate) it. ;)

Thanks for the update!

and yet again, the servers are down for an update but the launcher is displaying "server status OK"
Just wasted half an hour of my life trying to resolve a non-existent bug, and at my time of life that's not a trivial matter!

FD, PLEASE sort this! If the servers are down the server status shown in the Launcher window should be "Offline"!!

Last edited:
Thank you Bruce,Sally and Team! well something complete different to ask,when you guys will be back in Streaming ?any news?thank you!! hope you are all in good health!

Top Bottom