Update 16 Deployment + Release Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

Update 16 arrives later today! Once again with you every step of the way with the devs sending along their 'o7s' at you too.

With that then, the Elite Dangerous 'Live/4.0' servers are now offline so let's 'do the usual' and take a quick moment to recap where we are in the schedule, followed by the headline + web link release notes.

Time (BST)Action
06:00Downtime warning ahead of server downtime for Elite Dangerous 'Live/4.0' Commanders - in game broadcast.
08:00Servers for Elite Dangerous 'Live/4.0' will go down. Elite Dangerous 'Legacy' servers will remain online.
16:00 (approx)Servers for Elite Dangerous 'Live/4.0' will return, along with deployment download of Update 16.

Deployment Platform*Approximate Build Size
Steam3 GB
Epic7 GB

*As before, each "storefront" has its own rules in some way when it comes to 'package size'. Any differences are not indicative of differing content.

Headline Notes:​

• Added <REDACTED> to <REDACTED>
    • We appreciate the "air of mystery" in comments like this can be a frustration to many of you sometimes, however we do hope that an additional many of you will understand that mystery elements are what can truly make Elite Dangerous an intriguing place to be, especially with evolving narrative elements
  • New passenger evacuation missions have been added.
    • Wealthy passengers will now be requesting expedited evacuation from locations affected by the presence of the Thargoids for additional credits (if you can appease their requirements and demands) - Credit talks, apparently.
  • As of this Thursday's maintenance 'tick'(August 3) the Thargoids will retreat from any system when their hold on that system is defeated.
    • Previously this would only occur for Invasion systems.
BGT.jpg
  • In honour of the late Michael Brookes, a new organisation has been added to the game, Brookes Galactic Tours.
    • You can now find their adverts in most markets and their new megaship, The Legacy, which can be found in Artemis near Freeholm.
    • Brookes Galactic Tours has also established a new mini-series of tourist beacons to a handful of fantastic locations, the first of this series begins at the beacon at Freeholm. We hope you enjoy exploring and will take a moment to pause and enjoy the wonder that Mike helped bring to the universe of Elite.

Community Issues of Note Addressed​

• Release fees for impounded ships that are not the player's current ship can now be paid (Ticket Reference: ID 59548)
  • Fix for the Stuck Recovery button put players exponentially far away (Ticket Reference: ID 55703)
  • Fix for Large Habitat buildings in Tourism settlements ignoring states, making restore missions incompletable (Ticket Reference: ID 50551)
  • Fix for Chargaff Installation incorrectly being flagged as an Outpost rather than Starport (Ticket Reference: ID 22100)
  • Fix for Trevithick Vision incorrectly being flagged as an Outpost rather than Starport (Ticket Reference: ID 51847)
  • Fix for being unable to restock Caustic Sink Launcher ammo until existing Caustic has been purged from the module (Ticket Reference: ID 58117)
  • Fix for crash sites not always correctly containing the mission item (Ticket Reference: ID 51984)
  • Fix for POIs spawning in locations they shouldn't, on undiscovered planets (Ticket Reference: ID 39180)
  • A fix has been implemented to address a situation where Bark Mounds would be wrongly indicated as present at a location via the DSS, but would not in fact be there - Right!? We can hear you from here, Canonn! (Ticket Reference: ID 40108)
  • Fix for being able to only accept one squadron application at a time (Ticket Reference: ID 30862)
  • Fix for visual artefacting in planetary rings (Ticket Reference: ID 59426)
  • Fix for Thargoid interceptor "Energy Surge Detected" notification not triggering on their arrival (Ticket Reference: ID 59432)
  • Fix for fires inside buildings at Thargoid Occupied settlements not being extinguished when venting via the Atmospheric Control Panel (Ticket Reference: ID 59446)
  • Fix for Thargoid Interceptor's emissives being white and exerted hearts no longer glowing (Ticket Reference: ID 59507)
  • Fix for deployed SRVs not returning in their previous position when the owning Commander logs in after logging out whilst on foot (Ticket Reference: ID 51341)
  • Fix for mining deposit fragments getting stuck inside the asteroids - Still digging! This time! (Ticket Reference: ID 17023)
  • Fix for Gunner Role being unable to use TG Pulse Neutraliser or Shutdown Field Neutraliser (Ticket Reference: ID 59405)
  • Thargoid Interceptors will now be consistently recorded in the journal (Ticket Reference: ID 55741)
  • Fix for the Player Journal not always accurately logging Thargoid kills (Ticket Reference: ID 55741)

The rest I will leave you to digest within the following article: https://www.elitedangerous.com/update-notes/4-0-16-0

ISSUE TRACKER FIXES

As you can see above, there has once again been a selection of notable issue tracker issues addressed as part of Update 16.
  • If you do not see an issue fixed in this list which is important to you then it has not been addressed as part of this update. As always, the team are attentive to your ticketed issues and we all continue thank you for your patience in reporting.
  • If you find that an issue has been fixed but is not present in the above Issue Tracker 'shout out' list - it can happen, as it has in past updates - then please accept my apologies, however we hope that you enjoy the fix regardless and thanks for your understanding o7

Once again, your update notes article link is here: https://www.elitedangerous.com/update-notes/4-0-16-0

This thread will remain locked until server downtime lifts.
In the meantime I'll be here talking away on occasion, making sure that any information you may need as we lead toward Update 16's release is provided in comments.

I'll do the countdown thing still. No worries.

Here we go then!

o7

Last edited:

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Commanders...U16 isn't too far away now.
I'll be posting properly about this later but for those who keep a keen eye in this thread...how about a sneaky peek?!

Although saying that, I've noticed that there's an automated "Twitter" account out there that retweets our dev posts, which is probably about to expose me for this but...oh well.

1920x1080.png
Available along with Update 16 in the Elite Dangerous Online Store | 16:00 BST
More info coming soon...

Good evening CMDRs! Am just wondering if this update will fix the issue where Elite crashes at 0% planetary generation with Intel Arc and Gen11+ graphics? Thank you xx

Errrm...
Is it just me or have the NPC mission givers in the orbitals and mission boards not got any missions. I'm at Ford Hub in Bilonesses system

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom