Update 4 - Odyssey Game Launch Issue - Double Oranges

Anyone else getting a very long spinning orange ship followed by an Orange Sidewinder error?

I can launch Horizons and vanilla just fine. Odyssey though? Double oranges...

Tested on two machines.

Oh and one more thing. When I'm returned to the main menu and quit to desktop the client doesn't close down properly it just goes to a black screen. I have to CTRL ALT DEL to close the exe.

Almost the same for me, I can load in the game(i am in space) but when i try exit from FSD to station it gives error Orange sidewinder. And if i just try load back to game it don't work until i restart the game. Add: I can travel to another system but still can't go to any station. (PC player, Win 10, Steam, file check i done)

Last edited:
What am i supposed to do now!!! Only time i get away from the wife and bang a glitch........now just sitting here twiddling my thumbs :)

Whats the normal process, does someone look at it and give a workaround?

1623926819642.png

I guess they are working on it. Fingers crossed they get it fixed for when I can actually play later.

heh, guys, keep calm xD It may take a while.... xD Saying it as a developer (not in Frontier)... They'll figure it out and fix that bug.

Had the Orange Sidewinder as well... tried Horizons worked. Tried Odyssey multiple times no luck orange sidewinder after 60 second login timeout....

I choose to check my game files from the launcher options menu....

I do not know if that fixed it but it was the only thing I did and right after that I was able to log on no problem....

I thought you might want to try and post if it worked for you too.... Good Luck and o7

I have a problem with the game, odyssey does not connect, when I close the game the client hangs on a black screen and I cannot close it

I have the same issue, but if I remember this happened in the other patch, and later that day we got a quick fix update, so it's just one of those frustrating things you now get, fix one thing and something else goes wrong. Well I will check back tonight after work to see if it gets sorted out. if no fix then that's it for this buggy mess?

unable to load Elite dangerous odyssey. also i stream so having the game down like this cause me problem. please fix or at least give us a fix that works.

Top Bottom