Update 8 for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and Horizons Update pre-deployment schedule

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings once again, Commanders o7

Big day again tomorrow, right?
Let's make sure we're all on the same page ahead of time to welcome in Update 8 for Odyssey along with an additional update for Horizons players.

See, I mentioned it in the line above but I do bring the additional news today that aside from Update 8 for Odyssey, a select number of issues have been addressed for Horizons Commanders too, which includes Console players.

Deployment Schedule Chain Of Events:
At approximately 09:00 BST (08:00 UTC)
'Servers will be offline in one hour' warning deployed.
Patch notes lovingly delivered in the form of two forum posts (one for Odyssey: Update 8, one for Horizons).

At approximately 10:00 BST (09:00 UTC)
Servers will be offline for ALL PLATFORMS (Consoles and PC).

At approximately 11:00 BST (10:00 UTC)
Update 8 for Odyssey and the Horizons Update will be available to download and then play.

We'll be sharing this countdown over on the usual Elite Dangerous social channels as a reminder, but of course we'll be here along for the ride with you on the day - as always.

See you in the morning, Commanders.

o7

Summin like

which includes Console players.
Redford approves (y)
redford nod.gif

You forgot what is probably the most important part of the timeline:

At approximately 11:05 BST (10:05 UTC)
Forum implosion due to connection issues, and not correcting/fixing/adding whatever pet bug or feature didn't make it into update 8.

Edit: though to be fair, this will probably occur mostly at 9:05 BST

You forgot what is probably the most important part of the timeline:

At approximately 11:05 BST (10:05 UTC)
Forum implosion due to connection issues, and not correcting/fixing/adding whatever pet bug or feature didn't make it into update 8.

Edit: though to be fair, this will probably occur mostly at 9:05 BST
Some bugs, or issues, are not 'pet' ones though :) Some are sorely needed for gameplay reasons. Opmisation at bases being the big one imo.
Personally I have no interest in more features until those are sorted.

My face is very hot.
Is that a PSA?

Dear Sally - could you please in future inform us next time in the form of an pre-announcement that you will be announcing the update so that we can be fully prepared for the announcement of the update.

Then perhaps a warning in the forums that you are about to make a pre-announcement about the announcements to the update so that we are completely insulated against any shocks... Cotton wool gloves please!

Does it help to say that I thought today was Wednesday and I'm completely in shock to find out that there is no update today? In consolation I post you this picture of my T9 thinking that it is being watched!
32WwKyG.png

Greetings once again, Commanders o7

Big day again tomorrow, right?
Let's make sure we're all on the same page ahead of time to welcome in Update 8 for Odyssey along with an additional update for Horizons players.

See, I mentioned it in the line above but I do bring the additional news today that aside from Update 8 for Odyssey, a select number of issues have been addressed for Horizons Commanders too, which includes Console players.

Deployment Schedule Chain Of Events:
At approximately 09:00 BST (08:00 UTC)
'Servers will be offline in one hour' warning deployed.
Patch notes lovingly delivered in the form of two forum posts (one for Odyssey: Update 8, one for Horizons).

At approximately 10:00 BST (09:00 UTC)
Servers will be offline for ALL PLATFORMS (Consoles and PC).

At approximately 11:00 BST (10:00 UTC)
Update 8 for Odyssey and the Horizons Update will be available to download and then play.

We'll be sharing this countdown over on the usual Elite Dangerous social channels as a reminder, but of course we'll be here along for the ride with you on the day - as always.

See you in the morning, Commanders.

o7
Looks good, looking forward to it

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom