Patch Notes Update Update incoming - 2.0.07 patch notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

UPDATE 1: We encountered a small issue which has required a little additional time to resolve. Everything is moving along well but it does mean that the servers will need to remain down for a little longer. We'll estimate up to a couple of hours but we'll keep you informed as we know more.

UPDATE 2: We're still working on the update. We are now expecting it to be ready to download at about 3:30 pm GMT (approximately). :)

UPDATE 3: This update should now be available. :)

We have a patch coming in this morning. It means there will be scheduled server downtime from 10am and will last between 1-2 hours.

Here are the patch notes. :)

Enhanced VR support
- Added support for Oculus 1.3 SDK
- Added new VR specific graphics presets (VR Low and VR High)
- Added Hangar main menu background when HMD is present
- Added VR experience demo as a scenario in the tutorials menu
- Added option for SRV to maintain level horizon if player finds motion uncomfortable​ - Please note: This will not be on by default, users will need to select this option to activate it
- Added option for SRV blackout when rolling if player finds motion uncomfortable - Please note: This will not be on by default, users will need to select this option to activate it
- Adjusted VR and panel positions in the SRV
- Improved UI mesh tessellation for rendering the front-end on VR
- Preflight checklist can be completed with just a controller
- Updated various warnings when using Head Mounted Displays
- Crash fix when entering open play with HMD active
- Crash fix when entering CQC with HMD active

Other changes / fixes
- Community Goal top contributor news reports have returned, featuring Commanders from all platforms
- First Discovery tags from Xbox Commanders now display on PC/Mac
- Wanted Xbox commanders can now appear in top 5 bounty local news reports
- Fix a crash in system simulation for "Sidgoe LX-S c17-0"
- Fix for purchased exploration data not always giving details on all bodies in that star system
- Fix for First Discovery names from Wings appearing too many times
- Fix for refuelling 10% button

Thanx,

What about support SBS mode for Smartphone VR?

Many of us are playing ED by the Cellphone's VR,, but a game does not support a proper Side By Side mode so we are forced to use resolution workarounds - and workarounds are doubling a bandwitch and CPU needed to play - to play in 2,5K we need to power for over 4K.
We are asking about this since Gamma:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56165&p=961898&viewfull=1#post961898
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138331&p=2116324&viewfull=1#post2116324

Maybe it is the right moment to back to this. Smartphone VR is a good way to try a VR before buying Oculus or Vive.

great news.... before i forward to a mate of mine with a DK2.... will this still work with 0.8 or steamVR or will he have to wait till oculus release the run time?

taaa

Please enlighten me in case i am missing something.
What is the purpose of the Refuel 10% button?
Why would you use it, in over a year of play, i've never used it - always refuel all, in what situation is it beneficial?

Also, now i wish i ordered VR...

CMDR Westyb

Last edited:
Please enlighten me in case i am missing something.
What is the purpose of the Refuel 10% button?
Why would you use it, in over a year of play, i've never used it - always refuel all, in what situation is it beneficial?

It's useful if you need to be at lower than 100% fuel to be light enough to make a jump.
I've rarely had cause to use it, but when it is useful, it's very useful indeed. Except when it's broken. :D

This one is really bad one. Top 5 bounty should only show players who play in open and on same platform and leave out all players that you can't meet/hunt down. What is the point of the list if you can't ever see him or hunt him down??????
I do agree with you.. just.. why?? it does not add any value to PC players AT ALL, it actually misleads more than helps.

Hey guys,

We have a patch coming in this morning. It means there will be scheduled server downtime from 10am and will last between 1-2 hours.

Here are the patch notes. :)

Enhanced VR support
- Added support for Oculus 1.3 SDK
- Added new VR specific graphics presets (VR Low and VR High)
- Added Hangar main menu background when HMD is present
- Added VR experience demo as a scenario in the tutorials menu
- Added option for SRV to maintain level horizon if player finds motion uncomfortable​
- Added option for SRV blackout when rolling if player finds motion uncomfortable
- Adjusted VR and panel positions in the SRV
- Improved UI mesh tessellation for rendering the front-end on VR
- Preflight checklist can be completed with just a controller
- Updated various warnings when using Head Mounted Displays
- Crash fix when entering open play with HMD active
- Crash fix when entering CQC with HMD active

How's about them apples!?! :D

Nice work everyone who was involved, hat's off to ye's :)

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Sweet - time to update the Oculus drivers and break out the Rift again I think (now if I could only get a handle on the galaxy map navigation I'd be set!) Oh, and hurray for the 10% fuelling fix!
Boo on the timing though - don't you know there is an important CG to be worked on! ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom