Update on Guardian PowerPlant?

Hey all,

Before I waste the materials on it, does the hybrid PP now protect against the thargoid shut down pulse? Or is that effect still not working?

For that matter, do the GMRP actually protect against "thargoid specific engine & module disruption?

Thanks

Last edited:
i thought it was guardian HRPs that provide protection against force lightning by reducing the chance of module reboits.

I think having a guardian PP with Guardian distributor was also supposed to do something but given the extra heat and the fact that you cam engineer both a better PP and PD they're basically useless.

the only useful guardian modules are ones you cant engineer - the HRP.

i thought it was guardian HRPs that provide protection against force lightning by reducing the chance of module reboits.

I think having a guardian PP with Guardian distributor was also supposed to do something but given the extra heat and the fact that you cam engineer both a better PP and PD they're basically useless.

the only useful guardian modules are ones you cant engineer - the HRP.
You get a power grid bonus when combining a guardian PP and distributor.

I disagree they are "basically useless" though. Abridged version of a post elsewhere, on a one-to-one comparison sure, a single Guardian PP is always going to be inferior to a single G5 engineered PP. But the Guardian items are quite superior to vanilla, unengineered/low-mid engineered counterparts, and when you look at outfitting say, 10 different ships with powerplants, Guardian equipment is way more convenient to obtain than G5 engineering, due to the one-off material requirements for permanent access to guardian items, as opposed to the material requirements needed every time for G5 powerplant upgrades. So... sure, Guardian stuff might not be superior to a G5 engineered PP, but it's a perfectly adequate substitute (corollary: I never have heat management issues with them).

On an aside, I'm surprised given that stance that you think the guardian HRPs are useful. Understanding it's the only way to get Corrosive resistance... the 5% corrosive resistance can be outperformed by a G5 heavy duty modified HRP, with a greater-than 5% overall HP increase.

You get a power grid bonus when combining a guardian PP and distributor.

I disagree they are "basically useless" though. Abridged version of a post elsewhere, on a one-to-one comparison sure, a single Guardian PP is always going to be inferior to a single G5 engineered PP. But the Guardian items are quite superior to vanilla, unengineered/low-mid engineered counterparts, and when you look at outfitting say, 10 different ships with powerplants, Guardian equipment is way more convenient to obtain than G5 engineering, due to the one-off material requirements for permanent access to guardian items, as opposed to the material requirements needed every time for G5 powerplant upgrades. So... sure, Guardian stuff might not be superior to a G5 engineered PP, but it's a perfectly adequate substitute (corollary: I never have heat management issues with them).

On an aside, I'm surprised given that stance that you think the guardian HRPs are useful. Understanding it's the only way to get Corrosive resistance... the 5% corrosive resistance can be outperformed by a G5 heavy duty modified HRP, with a greater-than 5% overall HP increase.

Appologies I meant MRPs not HRPs.

Corrosive resistance is pretty useless as you say. However, when fighting Interceptors, they're quite good (I use 2) to prevent module reboots when getting hit with Force Lightning. Suddenly losing your shields due to a shield generator reboot, having your pips reset or losing your thrusters is really not fun. The little extra module protection is nice too. The MRP's are the only Guardian module whose vanilla counterpart is unengineerable. That's probably why it's better. It's not great, it's not a HUGE difference, but since there's no G5 MRP with experimental effects to compare it to, it offers a decent bump in module protection, and adding a resistance for module reboots due to Goid attack is a bonus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom