Update regarding Path Tunnelling

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

We hope you’re all enjoying your Friday and are looking forward to the release of our Adventure Pack this Monday!

As some of you might know, we spoiled a little secret called path tunnelling during the 24 hour Charity Livestream. Whilst we are very excited for this feature, we wanted to give you a quick update on when it’s coming to the game.

Though we had originally intended for path tunnelling to be released for free in the QoL improvements accompanying the Adventure Pack on Monday, we’ve identified some areas which need some work before it’s ready to go live. As always with Frontier: we want to make sure that all content we release meets our high standards for quality. Therefore we are taking some extra time to work out some of the kinks with path tunnelling (no pun intended) and will be hoping to bring it to Planet Coaster players in the coming months.

The update will still include a number of quality improvements such as renaming of shop items and vista points alongside the Adventure pack, which players can choose to purchase.

Thanks for all your support and understanding!
[heart]
Bo

Thank you Bo. I really like how Frontier is handling different aspects of PC, like not releasing info or features before its time. You mentioned sbout this a little in a different post concerning winter update, and I agree with the decision.

Last edited:
I hope there is also some sort of option to "auto-form terrain" when building paths to prevent issues like this:

[video=youtube_share;wVDpL1l0MZ4]https://youtu.be/wVDpL1l0MZ4[/video]

if terrain could be automatically created when building paths it would help make things look nicer, so that we wouldnt have to redo the path to smooth things out [up]

Thank you Bo. I really like how Frontier is handling different aspects of PC, like not releasing info or features before its time. You mentioned sbout this a little in a different post concerning winter update, and I agee with the decision.

Its cool to see what is being worked on, even if it isnt finished [yesnod]

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Hi everyone,

We hope you’re all enjoying your Friday and are looking forward to the release of our Adventure Pack this Monday!

As some of you might know, we spoiled a little secret called path tunnelling during the 24 hour Charity Livestream. Whilst we are very excited for this feature, we wanted to give you a quick update on when it’s coming to the game.

Though we had originally intended for path tunnelling to be released for free in the QoL improvements accompanying the Adventure Pack on Monday, we’ve identified some areas which need some work before it’s ready to go live. As always with Frontier: we want to make sure that all content we release meets our high standards for quality. Therefore we are taking some extra time to work out some of the kinks with path tunnelling (no pun intended) and will be hoping to bring it to Planet Coaster players in the coming months.

The update will still include a number of quality improvements such as renaming of shop items and vista points alongside the Adventure pack, which players can choose to purchase.

Thanks for all your support and understanding!
[heart]
Bo

Thanks for the update! Too bad to hear the feature is not ready to go live. But ofcourse only release it when it works as intended.

Im exited to hear renaming shop items is a thing now! I always had to "cheat" around this with the translation file but it's good to hear this is an in-game function now!
Which immediatly brings a request as well. Adding our own shopitems / extra's, like we could in RCT3 :)

HypeHype for monday!!

To bad it's not coming as intended. But I'm still happy that this feature is officially on its way, as I have requested it for a long time, and it will be better than ever when it is ready. [happy]

Last edited:
To bad it's not coming as intended. But I'm still happy that this feature is officially on its way, as I have requested it for a long time, and it will be better than ever when it is ready. [happy]

Don't worry, you'll get a picnic benches tab instead as well [big grin]

mayby coaster auto tunnelling???

atleast the work around is there. first build the path/coaster and afterwards fill it whit sand.
i think the end result is the same

but ya the best thing is to say that is whitout this in the release on monday. first make something correct before you get alot of bug reports about it.
lets keep the bug reports as low as possible [up]

for one point it is nice to see a hour of spoils. things that the team is working on, but have at the moment to mutch bugs that we can't use it. the only benefit you can get is some extra idea's to make it better
but than you get always people asking alot of times when the future will be 100% done.

Hope this update will come soon, with many other improvements in addition.
Maybe together a new big flat ride DLC, with small children's flatrides and big extreme flatrides or a water park DLC

i wouldnt hold my breath. Things have been mighty quiet from the dev team and they have never gone this long without communicating with the playerbase. I wonder if the last update was it. I sure hope not.

As experienced previously people are getting worried when there's no need to. We can see they've been busy working on the game but until a new update/release is imminent we won't hear much/anything:

https://steamdb.info/app/493340/history/

The anticipation of what's coming next is killing me though [cool]

I've learned not to anticipate much for any game. If it comes; That's Great! If it doesn't; Oh Well, life goes on.

Last edited:
You have to expect a few months between updates. At least several weeks of silence from the last update until they say something about what is next. I’d say something is coming this March or April.

Last edited:
Top Bottom