Update required, close your launcher (but im not going to update anything, just don´t let you play).

Pretty much this. Stuck on this screen since yesterday hotfix. Unable to play Odyssey nor Horizonts. Things tried:

• Closed steam, reopen, retry x N (where N is next to 50 times).
  • File comprobation from steam.
  • Execute the launcher outside steam.
  • Unlink, relink steam y frontier account
  • Uninstall, reinstall (worked for me in the first hotfix).
  • Summon a lesser god for a sacrifice.
  • Write 3 version of tickets modulating the mod of the message before post.
  • Wait for a hotter hotfix for the secon hotfix.

Will I play the game this weekend?.

o7 for all for you that can play. May your ship fall into a 20 g planet for the programmer of the 90´s launcher.

Attachments

• AFTER steam update the launcher punish me every time.JPG
    AFTER steam update the launcher punish me every time.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 393
Its due to something very broken. I have it too.

LEP owner without Odyssey on steam.

The fix is to go to the steam folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous

Start edlaunch.exe and update it there. Update Odyssey.
You can now start it from steam.

You have to do this manually at every single patch until Frontier get their act together. And Dont try and use steams integrity verification as it just messes up your install while downloading a 1.5GB patch.

Not working for me, but thanks, I appreciate every idea than helps me ( I will like to play this weekend).

Every time I try to log from the launcher outside steam, got a mail with a verificaction code that don´t work.

I will keep waiting.

This worked for me. It's actually posted in the issue tracker.. pretty sad really.

As one user said, every time the launcher opens, there is a tiny window of time before the pop-up appears. You need to figure out EXACTLY where on your screen the "upgrade" button will appear when the launcher opens. Launch the program, and start spam-clicking that spot on your screen. If you can click that button before the popup appears, the update will start and the popup will not appear.

Top Bottom