Dinosaurs Upgrade for Paleobotany/Fish feeders

Hi Guys!

I have a suggestion for new Paleobotany feeders ..
We have allready the bigger Meat- & Plant feeders for our Dinosaurs ..
But what do you think for bigger Paleobontany feeders ??

Maybe also a bigger Fish feeder for the Spinosauridae ??
Because the Fish feeder is fast empty .. ^^

Large palaeo feeders would definitely be nice.

I don't think I've seen my fish feeders empty ever though. They replenish on their own it seems.

Fish feeders deplete but apparently there's a bug where they mostly go unused when there's also goat dispensers in the exhibit.

Fish feeders deplete but apparently there's a bug where they mostly go unused when there's also goat dispensers in the exhibit.
I'm not sure I had a goat feeder, but I did have two Suchomimus regularly feeding from the fish feeder. It seemed to never deplete while being eaten from all the time.
The same happened in the Claire campaign where my Baryonyx was very low maintenance due to the fish feeder not needing refilling. I did not have any other feeders in that enclosure.

I know the patch notes said that but I'm also confirming from what I saw in the game with the fish feeder and goats.
I haven't tried meat feeders and fish feeders though.
Could also be the hunting need that kicks in, so that they go for the goat instead of a fish feeder.

I think the thing with spinosaurids not eating fish when there are goat feeders in the enclosure is that in addition to their hunger level, carnivores seem to be on some sort of internal timer that determines when they will go fight something. For some silly reason hunting goats counts as combat, and if goats are the only thing in the enclosure that a carnivore can "fight", then it will eat the goats to satisfy that hidden need to fight, which also satiates it's hunger. They could potentially get stuck in this loop where their fight timer opens them to combat before their hunger gets low enough, and so they end up only targeting the goats instead of their preferred food source.

I think the thing with spinosaurids not eating fish when there are goat feeders in the enclosure is that in addition to their hunger level, carnivores seem to be on some sort of internal timer that determines when they will go fight something. For some silly reason hunting goats counts as combat, and if goats are the only thing in the enclosure that a carnivore can "fight", then it will eat the goats to satisfy that hidden need to fight, which also satiates it's hunger. They could potentially get stuck in this loop where their fight timer opens them to combat before their hunger gets low enough, and so they end up only targeting the goats instead of their preferred food source.
Spinosaurs will prefer an available fish feeder over an available meat dispenser. However, if there is anything “live” that they can hunt down (goats and specific herbivores and they have a fish feeder in with them, they will go after “live” stuff by chance. Plenty more of those around means the higher the chance they will choose them over the years fish feeder. That’s how the hunger AI works for the four in-game spinos.

Last edited:
Spinosaurs will prefer an available fish feeder over an available meat dispenser. If there is anything “live” that they can hunt down (goats and specific herbivores), they will go after them by chance. Plenty more of those around means the higher the chance they will choose them over the years fish feeder. That’s how the hunger AI works for the four in-game spinos.
With the various tests I've done to get different species of large carnivores to cohabitate by using a numerous goats to distract them from fighting each other, it's been proven that combat does play a role as to what drives a carnivore to hunt goats. I've been able to keep a baryonyx and metriacanthosaurus in an enclosure together with default combat settings for hours and never had them fight each other a single time because they would always target goats instead. I've done this with an enclosure of several Spinoraptors and Stegoceratops with minimal fighting and no casualties as well (also over the course of several hours). To add to this, there is also the fact that if you are in sandbox mode with combat disabled, carnivores will not hunt goats even if they are the only food source and will starve unless there are corpses/meat feeders around. The combination of several goat targets vs 1 fish feeder in addition to a carnivore's tendency to fight things every so often is what makes them hunt goats a vast majority of the time (especially if there is nothing else for the carnivores to 'fight' in their enclosures). If you pay attention to them, carnivores will hunt goats even when they are not hungry - this is because of their tendency to "fight".

Top Bottom