Using sketchup 8

Hi all.

I'm new here and I need some help with this wonderful game.
Can I use sketchup 8 instead 3ds or blender? For me is very easy make objects with sketchup.
If it's possible can you teach me how?

Thank you.

Lallax1972

I've used an older version of Sketchup (2017) to get some things into the game. You can export .dae files from Sketchup, then import them into Blender (I use Blender 2.79 as I'm slightly more familiar with it as many of the PC TMTK tutorials used it...). In Blender you assign textures and create the LOD's, then export as an .fbx file which the TMTK uses to create an object usable in the game.

For simple items like signs I'd recommend using the tutorials made by MsRedNebula (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLshuUOVf3Xgo120YncVf2zLascxojnAXY ), she shows how to create simple things in Blender and get them ready for import into the game. Once you learn that then you can move on to importing more complex SketchUp models. I still don't understand Blender enough to actually model much in it, other than simple objects I am much more familiar with SketchUp, and even there I'm no expert.

It really comes down to trail and error learning Blender enough to use it to bring your SU models into the game, but it can be done.

I've used an older version of Sketchup (2017) to get some things into the game. You can export .dae files from Sketchup, then import them into Blender (I use Blender 2.79 as I'm slightly more familiar with it as many of the PC TMTK tutorials used it...). In Blender you assign textures and create the LOD's, then export as an .fbx file which the TMTK uses to create an object usable in the game.

For simple items like signs I'd recommend using the tutorials made by MsRedNebula (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLshuUOVf3Xgo120YncVf2zLascxojnAXY ), she shows how to create simple things in Blender and get them ready for import into the game. Once you learn that then you can move on to importing more complex SketchUp models. I still don't understand Blender enough to actually model much in it, other than simple objects I am much more familiar with SketchUp, and even there I'm no expert.

It really comes down to trail and error learning Blender enough to use it to bring your SU models into the game, but it can be done.
Thanks for help. Also I'm much familiar with blender. I used sketchup for many years to make model for rct3 and I think su is more more simple to use... :)

Yes, it's definitely simpler to use. Since you're familiar with Blender then you'll have no problem - looking forward to seeing what you create, best of luck!

I can't found tutorial on how use su for planet coaster :(...
no you would need to create .fbx file. This is what Wagi meant. You can import your Model into Blender and then when it is all prepared with all the LODs and everything you can export that Model as a .fbx File, which you can use for Planet Coaster.

Yes, Crowdpleaser is correct. While I believe you can export a .fbx file from SU Pro (I think...), to my knowledge there's no way to create a .fbx file in SU with the proper LOD's. So while you can create your model in SketchUp, you still need to import it into Blender to add the texture files and make the five LOD's that are included in the .fbx. There isn't a dedicated tutorial for bringing a SU model into the game per se. That's why I suggest watching MsRedNebula's tutorials as they explain how Blender needs to be set up, how to attach the textures and create the LOD's for the .fbx you export to the TMTK editor. Much of what she shows you no doubt already know, but there some specific tips she shares for getting stuff into the game.

Top Bottom