Very nice video from CMDR Buur

giphy.gif

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG1k0CGnNBI

Frontier always did a good job including many things in the game, and now is going to be even better! We sometimes forget this.

I'll help summarizing what's in the video.
The summary is:
I watched this video this afternoon and thought it was a good one as it provided perspective. Nobody knows what the future holds but I think Odyssey is a great foundation for Frontier to build upon. It's a shame that they chose to shoot their reputation to hell by releasing an unfinished product back in May. Now they have dug themselves a deep hole that will take time to climb out of. But once the hurt feelings begin to fade, I think Odyssey will go positive very quickly, especially if future patches can get performance close to Horizons.

I watched this video this afternoon and thought it was a good one as it provided perspective. Nobody knows what the future holds but I think Odyssey is a great foundation for Frontier to build upon. It's a shame that they chose to shoot their reputation to hell by releasing an unfinished product back in May. Now they have dug themselves a deep hole that will take time to climb out of. But once the hurt feelings begin to fade, I think Odyssey will go positive very quickly, especially if future patches can get performance close to Horizons.

:D S

Very true. They said at launch that it (Odyssey) would be foundation for future build out but they have probably slipped 6 months on whatever the originally envisaged.

Personally, I am approaching Odyssey more positively nowadays - my play time has not returned to previous levels (more to do with personal circumstances) but with the VR on-foot workaround, I am liking on-foot exploration (still no interest in shooting people).

Frontier always did a good job including many things in the game, and now is going to be even better! We sometimes forget this.
"many things" : yes, which is BurrPits point

however
"major things" : few in reality, what we mostly got were additions and tweaks from 2.2 until Odyssey
"good quality things" : in some cases yes, in many cases no
"things that add depth" : no not really, once you go past planet landing the most we really got was Aliens which could have been great if it went somewhere but its all glass ceilings and fences. The rest is mostly padding out what was already there or taking a different screenshot

I'll take a much more positive view on Odyssey once there is something meaningful to do (with no framerate loss :cool: )

Top Bottom