Veteran needs a 2 years update

Hi there,

Coming back to check whether it's become better, or how it's become worse/ the same but different.
My former knowledge : prior to 3.0, no economic nor security status, one status faction-wide.

Questions :

Economic / security : system-wide?
Proper (political) state : faction-wide ? If not, please explain how do the other systems behave in a conflict state
Expansion trigger : system-based ? influence level 80% ?
-ve's : not functioning ?
Wars : what actions do (really) count ? (bounties ?)

So so, do not hesitate to give a detailed answer, I always read and try to understand.

o7

Ganjanoof

Last edited:
Economic / security : system-wide?

Per faction, per system.

So unlike 2 years ago where, if a faction was in Boom, they were in Boom everywhere they were present, now that specific faction is only in Boom in that specific system. It's much better this way (noting you can now have multiple states active at a time now too, for a single system)
Proper (political) state : faction-wide ? If not, please explain how do the other systems behave in a conflict state
Not entirely sure what you mean here. A single faction has one government type, and you can now be in multiple conflicts, in multiple systems (but only one conflict in a given system), as opposed to 2 years ago when you could only be in one conflict at a time across the entire faction.
Expansion trigger : system-based ? influence level 80% ?
Same as old, 75% is the trigger threshold, and expansion uses that system for calculating where the next expansion goes to, subject to (bunch of rules)
-ve's : not functioning ?
Function, just impossibly difficult to do now, though it seems the very new states such as Blight, Infrastructure Failure etc. are successfully generating these states as a result of being untreated.

The core issue is that negative states now oppose the positive states; where you could be pending Boom and Bust at the same time previously, that's impossible in the current system as they're opposed ends of the slider. As a result, you need to target a high concentration of negative actions against a faction to achieve the effect, as there's also a natural decay back to neutral once you hit one of the states on the slider.

Key issue here is it's incredibly easy to target positive effects (just go to a mission board and grab a mission for that faction) but incredibly difficult to target negative effects (need to go to a mission board and hope that a random mission, from a random faction, targets the correct random faction in the correct, random target system, with the correct, random negative effect).

The only targetable negative security action is Murderhoboing, and the only targetable negative economic actions are black market sales (outta luck if your target bans them) and selling goods for a loss on the market (if your target owns a market)

Wars : what actions do (really) count ? (bounties ?)
  • Bonds
  • Bounties
  • Resolving CZs (currently bugged)
  • Completing scenarios
  • Missions (FD claims "combat themed missions" affect war[1], some claim "Wartime" missions only affect[2], observations and experience tell me it's not limited to just those two things [3]
  • Murderhoboing (maybe? Someone might verify that as I don't use it very often)

[1] This would be Assassination, Massacre, Destroy Powerplants, Destroy Skimmers, Destroy Megaship Turrets
[2] This would be Assassination, Massacre, Surface Installation, Courier, Delivery, with specific "wartime" flavouring e.g
1579594498316.png

1579594524738.png

1579594576454.png

[3] Last time I tried to measure this, I reliably had boom-time missions working for war, go figure

OK, a new one.
Brought my PMF to elections 3 days ago. Influence is even. Yesterday, done loads of "poll data retrieval" and a few others too. Way over 20++ (49k pop !!).
Traffic report doesn't show up but I am confident there is no traffic in this very dark corner of the bubble. Influence levels have not changed. No sign of what I did anywhere. Afaik prior to 3.0 the changes in influence did reflect before the conflict's end, on a daily base. So... something new about displaying the changes, or just another anomaly that needs a detailed scan ? And oh ! yesterday, faction summary was telling my faction had been dominating the conflict for 1 day (without anything done), and today, same message: for 1 day. So, system has not ticked ?

NB : only system "bugged", worked on 4 others with usual results.

Last edited:
OK, a new one.
Brought my PMF to elections 3 days ago. Influence is even. Yesterday, done loads of "poll data retrieval" and a few others too. Way over 20++ (49k pop !!).
Traffic report doesn't show up but I am confident there is no traffic in this very dark corner of the bubble. Influence levels have not changed. No sign of what I did anywhere. Afaik prior to 3.0 the changes in influence did reflect before the conflict's end, on a daily base. So... something new about displayong the changes, or just another anomaly that needs a detailed scan ?
Influence is fixed for the duration of all conflicts.

Basically, it's now a "best of 7 days affair". End of each day at the tick, the relevant actions for the conflict type are tallied, and a "point" awarded to whoever does better. Rinse-repeat for the remaining days, and whoever has won the most days, wins the conflict. The winner, besides getting the relevant asset, also gets 4% influence, and the loser, well, loses 4%, in order to separate the factions and prevent a conflict immediately starting again.

This is represented on a bar that goes to +3 or -3
1580080633614.png

This is available in the right-hand panel, if you press enter on a faction in conflict. The scale is Draw, Close Victory, Victory, Total Victory (and same for the opposition, for Defeat). This represents the difference in points you've scored, where a 3-point advantage is the maximum. In other words
  • Close Victory/Defeat; 1 point difference
  • Victory/Defeat; 2 point difference
  • Total Victory/Defeat; 3 point difference

Note: If one side gets a decisive advantage (i.e it is impossible for one side to stop the other winning), the conflict will end earlier.

Day 1: Conflict Starts, Draw
(tick) Day 2: Close Victory
(tick) Day 3: Victory
(tick) Day 4: Total Victory
(tick) Day 5: Total Victory
(tick) Conflict has ended as it's impossible to change the outcome from here

Ah, so many thanks for instructing me :)
Right panel is displaying close victory indeed. Well well well, a 2 years holiday needs a thread indeed. Thanks again !!!

Helloooo, me again :)

I tried a CZ, for a war I cannot lose (no pasaran !).
I read they've been bugged and dont' know how much they've been fixed.
Still, went into a low cz, found out everything, cleared it 3 times. At some point (clearance ?), got messages about the influence gain of the faction I was supporting (let's say : basic, intermediate, a thrid one to follow for sure). So, is this a state of completion (for real), and of what (the daily point in the conflict ?). I suppose it's not for the whole conflict... being "the best of 7". Again, thanks in advance. And sorry for my average English.

Ganja

Last edited:
Helloooo, me again :)

I tried a CZ, for a war I cannot lose (no pasaran !).
I read they've been bugged and dont' know how much they've been fixed.
Still, went into a low cz, found out everything, cleared it 3 times. At some point (clearance ?), got messages about the influence gain of the faction I was supporting (let's say : basic, intermediate, a thrid one to follow for sure). So, is this a state of completion (for real), and of what (the daily point in the conflict ?). I suppose it's not for the whole conflict... being "the best of 7". Again, thanks in advance. And sorry for my average English.

Ganja
Yeah, at the end of the Conflict Zone (which is basically a static "scenario", a mechanic FD added when 3.3 dropped)

When you resolve a scenario (in this case, fill the progress bar), you are awarded reputation with your allies, lose rep with your enemies, and the "influence" effect is the result of support for the war. What that translates to basically is "Points in the bucket" for whether or not you win that day of the war.

If you find any "Distress Call (Threat 0)" related to the war, these are scenarios where you need to recover a black box, and you'll get a minor influence result for it.

Under the hood, it'll be something like (these are made up figures, nobody actually knows them for certain):
Missions - 1pt
Bonds - 1pt
Scenarios - 2pt
Low CZs - 2pt
Med CZs - 4pt
High CZs - 8pt

So if we're in a war, and you do a High CZ (i.e you score 8pts), I need to do something like 3 medium CZs (12 points), 5 low CZs( 10 points) before that tick, to win that day.

🤩

Under the hood, it'll be something like (these are made up figures, nobody actually knows them for certain):
Missions - 1pt
Bonds - 1pt
Scenarios - 2pt
Low CZs - 2pt
Med CZs - 4pt
High CZs - 8pt

So CZ activity is really worth over other things (what one would expect).
Thanks so much again. Tried the high CZ. Capital ships do hurt. Nice trial to rout her. I managed to flee alive.

Last edited:
🤩

So CZ activity is really worth over other things (what one would expect).
Thanks so much again. Tried the high CZ. Capital ships do hurt. Nice trial to rout her. I managed to flee alive.
Yeah... it's generally suspected czs are worth more than other activities. Whether it's more effective to clear high czs or just lots of low czs, nobody is entirely sure, and a lot of personal factors are involved.

Low CZs take me =~ 8m, Med 10-30m, High 15-45m, all depending on the conditions.

If CZs scored Low = 1, Med = 2, High = 3, running lows is optimal. But if CZs scored 2, 4, 8, high or medium might be optimal, maybe.

Do what you enjoy and are good at :)

• Bonds
  • Bounties
  • Resolving CZs (currently bugged)
  • Completing scenarios
  • Missions (FD claims "combat themed missions" affect war[1], some claim "Wartime" missions only affect[2], observations and experience tell me it's not limited to just those two things [3]
  • Murderhoboing (maybe? Someone might verify that as I don't use it very often)

you missed attacking the objective. I found that it turned the tide in war REALLY fast. I mean has anyone tested it?

you missed attacking the objective. I found that it turned the tide in war REALLY fast. I mean has anyone tested it?
Are you talking about the things like spec ops/ correspondent/capship spawns within czs? Because yeah, they do help turn the tide within a cz, but not the overall progress of the war itself; whether you blat an objective in a high cz, or just clear the high cz without doing it, it's still just a high cz cleared.

Are you talking about the things like spec ops/ correspondent/capship spawns within czs? Because yeah, they do help turn the tide within a cz, but not the overall progress of the war itself; whether you blat an objective in a high cz, or just clear the high cz without doing it, it's still just a high cz cleared.

The objective. - On the status page, select the faction warring. It will have an objective next to the status indicator. As I understand it, it is the most expensive station/base/etc controlled by one of the two factions. -- It is also the thing that moves in controll when you win. I just found it out, so I could be wrong. But it felt like I was doing it right.

At 4:37 it shows what I am talking about.
Source: https://youtu.be/ecdE2wcPy4w

here is most of the good parts of what I did. Sound is crappy though. -- Just started off as a weapons test in the CZ's until the NPC's kinda erked me.

Last edited:
@Broken_One : no idea, not sure of your method and I don't want to go wanted/unfriendly that way.

Another one : Last week, a faction invaded (8th one) one of my controlled systems, lauching a war with another (non-native) faction. The invading faction lost the war (0-2) which ended last tick. They're still in. I thought they should retreat (maybe not) immediately ?

@Broken_One : no idea, not sure of your method and I don't want to go wanted/unfriendly that way.

Another one : Last week, a faction invaded (8th one) one of my controlled systems, lauching a war with another (non-native) faction. The invading faction lost the war (0-2) which ended last tick. They're still in. I thought they should retreat (maybe not) immediately ?
Yeah... apparently that's been bugged recently... I tend not to retreat factions so someone else might have more knowledge.

Linked bugreport in that thread says "Fixed"... but maybe it's not?

Top Bottom