[VID] Lakon Type 9 vs NPC Pyhton

WRONG FORUM.. OMG.. HOW TO MOVE THIS TO DDiscussion?

tldr; All I want to ask are:
1. Should I keep the cannon turret? It misses alot!!
2. Am I gonna have issues with heat from those laser beam turrets?
I dont know how to test it, since they are turrets and I mostly trade..

[video=youtube;x5pgSuimxP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5pgSuimxP8[/video]

So, I tried to escape using the usual 4 pips to engine and boost+boost+boost FSD but couldn't charge enough to jump..
Cost me 48% hull damage, freakin 866,728 cr repair bill!!!!!

I thought I might just fight to death as well, so.. watch the rest on vid.. I was actually manage to keep the damage minimum..

I think I was panicked and couldnt assess the situation well.. I dont even know why my FSD charging are so slow, maybe I was mass-locked.. too bad it wasnt in the vid..

I rarely interdicted, let alone fighting.. so my maneuver skill is bad and there's a lot of things I forgot there..
1. target subsytem.. I should've target the powerplant
2. use the torp when the shield is down... I dont know what I was thinking.. I use the torp few moments before I start recording..

Here's my loadout: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=30Y,4...,2-9sBQ9Y8S9Y6Q9s,0DI0Bk0AA7Sk07207205U05U03w

Placement:
- two on top is beam laser turret and cannon turret and beam laser turret on the belly..
- one pdt and chaff above
- another one pdt and ecm below

I made like 500k++ cr per trip, so torp & missile ammo cost are trivial matter..

I notice the cannon turret is not pretty effective for agile enemy and long range fight.. what is a good replacement for that?

Am I gonna have problem with heat generation from beam laser turret with this setup in the future game patch?

Last edited:
Gimbal/turret weapons fire at the leading sight, as you'd expect. They only take into account the current velocity vector, not any change of direction that the target is going through. That's fine for laser weapons with zero "flight time" but not for projectile weps. If they fire when the target is in a tight turn, there is a reasonable chance that they will miss.

You wouldn't (manually) launch a fixed dumbfire at a distant target simply because the missile takes so long to get there and you can't be sure of a hit. Turrets aren't as clever as that - if they have a target and are ready to shoot, they do.

With projectile gimbals or projectile fixed weps - if the lead sight appears to be a constant distance from the target and a fixed angle from its primary axis (usually 0 degrees - i.e. directly in front) you can fire and be very assured of a hit.

The added complication to all this is that your own velocity vector is a contributing factor. You might be in a turn that makes the target appear a sitting duck because the leading sight appears relatively static, but you still miss. You might be in a turn that has the lead sight swinging around because of your own velocity aspect change, but firing can score a direct hit. This is because as soon as you fire, your own aspect change does not have any effect on the direction of your projectile.

Top Bottom