Video Intro by Developers for Pre-Alpha

After recently playing "Tom Clancy's The Division" beta, one of the things that I thought was brilliant was how the developers recorded a short video introduction to introduce the players to the game and get them started. I think it would be great if Frontier would do something like this for Planet Coaster's Early Bird Edition. One of the things this could really help with is setting proper expectations for the pre-alpha, especially for players that have not yet been involved in the community and may not know what to expect from this early work-in-progress.

Ideas...
1) "Welcome to Planet Coaster Early Bird. We're glad you could join us to help make this game great..."
2) Give a short overview of how to get started and maybe some recommendations for what to try first.
3) Talk about the known issues people will see in the game because it is still a work in progress. (fountains without water, flickering reflections, missing crowd animations, etc.)
4) Talk briefly about features that are still being worked on that players will see in future updates. (more themes, rides, performance tweaks, UGC[hehe], etc.)
5) Tell players roughly when they may expect to see more updates to the game.
6) Explain how to provide feedback and what kind of feedback the team is looking for.

I feel like not only does a video like this help to set expectations and get players started, but it will also help those who participate feel more like they are part of the community that is helping to shape the game.

I like this "video intro" idea.
Some would be more lenient with that. It would be a good way to repeat yet again that "this is an Early Access" without being boring.

+1

After recently playing "Tom Clancy's The Division" beta, one of the things that I thought was brilliant was how the developers recorded a short video introduction to introduce the players to the game and get them started. I think it would be great if Frontier would do something like this for Planet Coaster's Early Bird Edition. One of the things this could really help with is setting proper expectations for the pre-alpha, especially for players that have not yet been involved in the community and may not know what to expect from this early work-in-progress.

Ideas...
1) "Welcome to Planet Coaster Early Bird. We're glad you could join us to help make this game great..."
2) Give a short overview of how to get started and maybe some recommendations for what to try first.
3) Talk about the known issues people will see in the game because it is still a work in progress. (fountains without water, flickering reflections, missing crowd animations, etc.)
4) Talk briefly about features that are still being worked on that players will see in future updates. (more themes, rides, performance tweaks, UGC[hehe], etc.)
5) Tell players roughly when they may expect to see more updates to the game.
6) Explain how to provide feedback and what kind of feedback the team is looking for.

I feel like not only does a video like this help to set expectations and get players started, but it will also help those who participate feel more like they are part of the community that is helping to shape the game.

+1 for this video intro idea, even if they could just give us a brief intro before March 22, 2016 and show us game play as if they were starting a new park in the pre-alpha..

Some would be more lenient with that. It would be a good way to repeat yet again that "this is an Early Access" without being boring.

+1
Good idea pennin, maybe Angelis could ask for this whist at the Press Event.

+1

I think it is important too for the devs to remind everyone again that it is "alpha" and not to expect everything to be perfect. But then again, I do think that people that paid to get the early access respect the process and know that it is alpha, and that things won't be perfect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom