Roller Coasters Viper- A Classic Recreation

Viper- A Classic Recreation -POV VIDEO OUT NOW!!

Hey guys, I was going through RCDB.com out of boredom and I happen to stumble across Viper at six flags magic mountain.
Immedietly I thought of planet coaster and had to try and rebuild it. This is what I have so far.

Follow me on instagram & youtube @Murphtheengineer10

Last edited:
Pretty cool. How easy was it to make with the current coaster editor?

I remember I had a book about roller coasters probably about 20 years ago and it had a couple of pages about Viper and said that it had the tallest loop in the world when it opened. However I always thought that was cheating as it was just a normal sized loop after a long piece of straight track going upwards, kind of like you would have to do in the original RCT. Also the book had photos of coasters with nice looking and smooth large loops like on Kumba and Dragon Khan that made the one on Viper look silly!

I rode Viper about three weeks back and it hasn't aged too well. It is pretty rough these days. It is remarkable how technology has changed with coasters in 25 years.

B&M really was a wake up call to the whole industry looking back now.

I rode Viper about three weeks back and it hasn't aged too well. It is pretty rough these days. It is remarkable how technology has changed with coasters in 25 years.

B&M really was a wake up call to the whole industry looking back now.

Idk if you mean that it's a rough ride, like not very smooth. But it's always been that way, very rough riding roller coaster.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant.

I find some of the early B & M coasters are starting to go that way too.

Dragon Kahn or Kumba for example - both used to be smooth rides but they're incredibly rough now, particularly Dragon Kahn.

Recreations must be tough with this version of the coaster creator. Custom-built inversions are difficult...you've done a pretty good job! I'm familiar with Shockwave from Six Flags Great America, with is very similar (if not a clone?) to this ride. Feels about right. :)

Yeah that's exactly what I meant.

I find some of the early B & M coasters are starting to go that way too.

Dragon Kahn or Kumba for example - both used to be smooth rides but they're incredibly rough now, particularly Dragon Kahn.

Viper is rough becuase its probably a Vekoma, and they usually start as midly rough rides that age super badly.
Dragon Khan being a B&M is rough know because the stupid italians that have the management of PortAventura now, do not treat well their rides. I still laugh at how sad is buying some trains that didnt work with Stampida when the older ones got a little bit damaged, forcing them in, and the ride being a horrible rough ride becuase of it. Zero porfessionals is what they are.

Recreations must be tough with this version of the coaster creator. Custom-built inversions are difficult...you've done a pretty good job! I'm familiar with Shockwave from Six Flags Great America, with is very similar (if not a clone?) to this ride. Feels about right. :)

B&M Hypercoaster recreations are the easier things to build right now in the game.

Last edited:
Viper is rough becuase its probably a Vekoma, and they usually start as midly rough rides that age super badly.
Dragon Khan being a B&M is rough know because the stupid italians that have the management of PortAventura now, do not treat well their rides. I still laugh at how sad is buying some trains that didnt work with Stampida when the older ones got a little bit damaged, forcing them in, and the ride being a horrible rough ride becuase of it. Zero porfessionals is what they are.

B&M Hypercoaster recreations are the easier things to build right now in the game.
Actually Viper was made by the now defunct Arrow Dynamics (now part of S&S after they bought the assets when Arrow went bankrupt, the high development costs of designing/building X also at Magic Mountain probably contributed to their downfall).

They used the same track as Vekoma back then, it was manufactured by the same company. Vekoma are still in business although use different types of track on some of their coasters now.

Dragon Khan is probably getting rough just because it is one of the earliest B&M coasters built (1995) and it's getting old. Plus it runs for a long season and long hours in a hot country. The Incredible Hulk (another B&M sitdown) at Islands of Adventure has actually just had its entire track replaced and that was built only in 1999! (although that park is open all year round). Coasters just wear out with use.

Top Bottom