Virgin Planet already mapped?

I will be filing a report on this to the issue tracker of ED as well. but i wanted to ask around here and see if anybody has come across this issue as well?

he issue is this: i am currently on a exploration trip out to the jellyfish sector. I come across a virgin system: not yet discovered, nor mapped. I honk and start the mapping process.
i fly to to the second planet in the system and it appears mapped on my HUD, says it's mapped in the left hand panel if i click on the planet information. However i have not yet mapped it. if i then switch to the system map it says i have not yet mapped this planet. This issue usually doesn't show when you just booted up the game. usually it is after either several jumps and/or scans or mappings.

visual proof (could not upload the images, so links to my gamedvr instead):

The planet pre-probing

the system map

Navigation Panel

Although this is not a game breaking bug, it is a very annoying one. Especially on the bigger planets where I rely on the little circles the probes make on contact to decide where to launch a probe at next and stay under the efficiency target.

So if anyone has had this same issue since the updates I'd like to know and I'll kindly refer you to my report:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1020

or the other report made on it as well:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/787

and start confirming these reports!

This bug has been present since day one of the April update, despite claims it has been fixed and all bug reports closed, it still persists. I would imagine that after the last patch the reports were once again close (I don't actually know as I've given up with bug reporting). You can of course raise the issue again so it can go into the tracker lottery to be not fixed yet again.

not sure, both reports stem from around april 23rd. I am hoping that Commanders seeing this post will go down to either of the reports and confirm it. Only way of bringing it to Fdev's attention.

Good way to observe it happen is to map a close double moon of a gas giant and see how the circles "splash over" to the other moon as you map the first one.

@vinnieboJ Have a look at my video of this happening:

Good way to observe it happen is to map a close double moon of a gas giant and see how the circles "splash over" to the other moon as you map the first one.

This appears tp be a separate issue to the one i'm having. i am talking about entering a (virgin) system and after the honk and fss you go about mapping the planets, and some will appear already mapped. I can confirm that the issue I'm describing is somehow caused by planets that are land-able. if it is, it will appear already mapped on both your Analysis HUD mode and in the navigation panel. but i have yet to witness this splash over effect that is described by the two commanders above.

No I think it's the same issue or at least a closely related one. I think that "splashing" or "cloning" effect can happen over any distance. It's just with those close moons that you can have both on the same screen and see how mapping one body somehow causes the other one have map shroud appear too.

This appears tp be a separate issue to the one i'm having. i am talking about entering a (virgin) system and after the honk and fss you go about mapping the planets, and some will appear already mapped. I can confirm that the issue I'm describing is somehow caused by planets that are land-able. if it is, it will appear already mapped on both your Analysis HUD mode and in the navigation panel. but i have yet to witness this splash over effect that is described by the two commanders above.
I'm not so sure it is a separate issue.
It would be if you go into a virgin system and after the honk and fss the first planet you try to map appears already mapped.
But if you map a planet and then the others appear mapped then it's quite likely the same issue.

No I think it's the same issue or at least a closely related one. I think that "splashing" or "cloning" effect can happen over any distance. It's just with those close moons that you can have both on the same screen and see how mapping one body somehow causes the other one have map shroud appear too.
I'm not so sure it is a separate issue.
It would be if you go into a virgin system and after the honk and fss the first planet you try to map appears already mapped.
But if you map a planet and then the others appear mapped then it's quite likely the same issue.

it does appear to be after you map a planet in the virgin system, however it is only affecting the landable bodies in said system. will do some more checks of this issue later on.

@vinnieboJ Have a look at my video of this happening:

Well, i have witnessed the 'splash-over' effect. and i can confirm that afterwards the moon that got splashed appeared mapped on my HUD. Still the splash does not affect non-landable bodies. so there's that.

if there is no first scanned tag. then you may assume that the system has not been scanned before. it is ofcourse possible that a player has mapped it before you but has not yet delivered the exploration data.

although the system i witnessed the splash over effect was populated (the one populated system in the jellyfish nebula) and scanned before. you still can map a planet for yourself.

Top Bottom