visitedstarscache.space is my favorite new exploration tool

Signal boosting this for people who may not know about it: http://www.visitedstarscache.space/

This gives you a 'visited stars' cache file which contains all the stars that are in the EDSM database (and therefore, have been visited). After adding it to your game, you can use the 'Visited Stars' filter in the route planner to only go to un-explored stars. Use "Visited Stars" -> Not Visited enabled, Visited disabled, Apply Filter to Route enabled.

I do notice my ED game process using more memory, but unless you're on a very low configuration system, you should be ok. This is an excellent way for explorers to make sure they're hitting as many new stars as possible!

This beats my method of comparing eddb.io with my nav panel. Definitely going to test this out when I return to do some short-range exploration.

I agree, it is pretty fabulous.
All the community tools, sites, works and assets are what keep me playing. it would all be so much more tedious and soul numbing without them.

The current file size is 22 bytes. Is there a working mirror available?

Odd, something must have gone wrong. We'll have to wait for recrudesce to chime in of course.

In the meantime, my most recent copy is now a week out of date, but it's close enough to still be plenty useful, and pretty accurate. I only occasionally update my copy anyway. I've made it temporarily available here:

Odd, something must have gone wrong. We'll have to wait for recrudesce to chime in of course.

In the meantime, my most recent copy is now a week out of date, but it's close enough to still be plenty useful, and pretty accurate. I only occasionally update my copy anyway. I've made it temporarily available here:

Yeah it was broken. EDSM changed their dumps from .json to .json.gz a few days ago, and I wasn't about to handle the change on the backend. Fixed it this morning :)

Your Twitter account says, that you made a file 2 hours ago, sadly the file linked on your site still is just 22 bytes small.

Yeah it was broken. EDSM changed their dumps from .json to .json.gz a few days ago, and I wasn't about to handle the change on the backend. Fixed it this morning :)

Oh geez, and I didn't notice. I'll have to correct my import process for EDastro too.

Your Twitter account says, that you made a file 2 hours ago, sadly the file linked on your site still is just 22 bytes small.
Not for me - I generated it and downloaded it and it works fine (download is 247mb). Make sure you delete the previously downloaded file from your computer before downloading it again - likely your browser is caching the failed one.

Strange thing is that even a browser I never used downloaded the 22 bytes version.
Nonetheless I cleared the cache of both browsers (deleting the cache of chrome alone strangely didn't work) and now I could download the right file.
Thank you.

Oh geez, and I didn't notice. I'll have to correct my import process for EDastro too.

Thankfully I didn't lose any data yet, since it's been less than a week. It looks like the large bodies dump isn't offered anymore, so there is no catching up on any missed data beyond the 7-day bodies dump. You're probably only pulling the system data though. ;)

Yeah, looks like Bodies json is no longer available and you'll need to handle everything with the 7 days only. I'm only pulling systemsWithCoordinates, cos that's all I need :)

Oh cool, I'll have to take a note of that one.

I may also start archiving the 7-day dumps in a separate process too. Right now, I don't save them.

FDev: Hating the community that keeps the game going, since 2015.
I think it's not hate, but inability. Not sure what is worse :p

-edith
Two things which I noticed which may be in conjunction to this issue...

1. The first day after patch there wasnt any visited stars at all (logged in with my personal file), now at least my youngest discos show as visited again. Same with some systems I've visited in the bubble before FC departure...
So it looks like the file is created from scratch since the FC patch.
Fun fact: There is one system in the bubble which is shown as visited, although I never were there, and cant watch the system map: Ngarokpoi. Anyone knows whats up with that one !?

2. (unconfirmed) The grey line which shows where you've traveled doesnt show the whole session, but just some jumps into the "past"
This was different before the patch, wasnt it ?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom