Void Opal Mining opportunity. Join small convoy. Suit newbee. big bucks.

Hi guys, gals,
I am attempting Elite Dangerous multi player for the first time after doing it solo for months.
I have located safe, sure, dark Void Opal hot spot rings and have returned for sale about 1.5 billion worth so far using a covette, conda and a defender.
Void opal core mining only..
Getting a small convoy together with core mining focus and no pirates to worry about. 650 ly from bubble would be fun and help those seeking big bucks.
Good fsd jump range (at least 20 ly), cargo space, mining tools and fuel scoops a must.
Trip duration would be variable depending on participation. I normally take 2 days to load 380 units.380 at 1.6m each.
Send Bizzymate a message on ps4 and lets talk...
Fly dangerously....
Alternatively any advice on hooking up with the above in mind would be appreciated.

Last edited:
At the moment i am in a crippled ASP EXP in Hawkins Gap heading for the nearest station for repairs. Perhaps i can meet you there?

So i am about 6000 ly from the bubble and i start a long fuel scoop using a weak scoop and weak shields. Switch on netflix, watch a movie and come back to the game with only 6 minutes of air remaing. synthesise air, rebuild ship maybe 5 times and finally get a fsd with guardian booster online. 1% health.
Tip . If using weak shields and weak scoop don't watch netflix.... hee heee

Now it takes about 5 attempts to make a 50 ly jump. With only 105 jumps to go...sheesh!

Last edited:
So i am about 6000 ly from the bubble and i start a long fuel scoop using a weak scoop and weak shields. Switch on netflix, watch a movie and come back to the game with only 6 minutes of air remaing. synthesise air, rebuild ship maybe 5 times and finally get a fsd with guardian booster online. 1% health.
Tip . If using weak shields and weak scoop don't watch netflix.... hee heee

Now it takes about 5 attempts to make a 50 ly jump. With only 105 jumps to go...sheesh!

Sheez, you don't need to mine out so far if you're actually serious about it. Also filling 360 tons of cargo with Opals has to take you 6-8 hours seeing how it takes me around 3 hours to get near 200 tons in my Python.

Sheez, you don't need to mine out so far if you're actually serious about it. Also filling 360 tons of cargo with Opals has to take you 6-8 hours seeing how it takes me around 3 hours to get near 200 tons in my Python.
Sure, except i don't mine in the ASP EX. I was intent on exploring the spiral arm of Hawkins gap to it's end. Sorry for the off topic tip.
Yeah to get 384 vo it takes time when doing it alone. 2 sessions some times 3.
Dark VO hs rings, in shadow or distant from star speeds things up.
Normally i go out far enough to avoid npc's after logging out and then back in again... which is why i go about 600 ly out.
How do you find the Python?
I tried to get one up but i couldn't get the cargo space i wanted.

Btw Found out that Morgans Rock ( where i had to go for repairs about 1/4 way to Sag) has great ring mining nearby, but low temp diamonds are more the go. They only fetch 600 k each.... though.

Last edited:
Also the problem with using the Defender is that is slow to cruise and pulse with. But not bad for laying core charges and surface blasting the remaining opal. The Conda does better but smaller max cargo. The corvette is basically useless because of poor fsd range, even when fully engineered with guard. booster. Similar max cargo to the Conda.
The python may be best all things considered.

Top Bottom