Voyage of discovery to the heart of the maelstrom

Eagle vs Glaive at the Titan

1685479982527.png

... and they say small ships aren't viable ;)

EDIT one thing to build up is Caustic Shards and Corrosive Mechanisms as these are available from destroying Caustic Generators in and around the Maelstrom and they will be needed to synthesize more CSL's when you run out.
They are Man. Mats. and don't take up cargo space.
I am currently having to get more of these as once I am out of CSL's I have to >>>>RUN and hope.
Note that once you are through the pulse and inside the Titan area you don't take any more caustic damage. I found one castic launcher with ammo capacity engineering was plenty to get me in and out without synthesis - although that was in a Cutter with 26% caustic resistance.

Note that once you are through the pulse and inside the Titan area you don't take any more caustic damage. I found one castic launcher with ammo capacity engineering was plenty to get me in and out without synthesis - although that was in a Cutter with 26% caustic resistance.
I was out of mats for the restock so used two... one in, one out was the theory, but in practice it was really useful having one fill while the other was discharging.

https://edsy.org/s/v3NtvAz

... and they say small ships aren't viable ;)
indeed. I am now full of all Maelstrom mats.

I was out of mats for the restock so used two... one in, one out was the theory, but in practice it was really useful having one fill while the other was discharging.
Yeah, I like having two for the same reason. With only one you have to pay fairly close attention and make sure to eject it when it's full before the caustic damage spills over into your ship. With two you can focus on other things (like the timing of the pulse wave neutraliser) and eject the full one at your leisure. When the Pulse Wave Xeno Scanner is officially released I'm probably gonna have to sacrifice a caustic sink launcher and will really miss it.

Impressive! So you have a pulse wave neutraliser in the utility slot and are then just relying on caustic resistance to protect you from the corrosive cloud? How much hull did you have left when you got there? (and did you manage to get back out again).
Yeah, just a pulse shutdown in the util slot. Around 25% hull when I got in - was only my 2nd attempt so I'm sure it could be improved. Running mainly HRP modules (only some engineered, I suppose I should do the others). With Enhanced Thrusters was running at 19% around the Titan, which was better than I expected, and I think the speed was required to get in before I melted (was also running with Silent Running most of the way in, so had some time without corrosive effects).

Bit of an issue with the Maelstrom cloud buffeting the ship quite badly on the way in - more noticeable than with larger ships. Abrasion blaster let me collect some mats.

I didn't exit the Maelstrom - but then I never intended to 🤷‍♀️

I was wondering if a larger ship with more slots but still made to run cool would serve better in there now. I like the idea of a small ship in there as well though.

ok, achieved a Titan visit (and back in one piece) with some luck, no hyperdiction on the way in and only one interdiction enroute to the malstrom which i could escaped. i like to have some repair stuff with me to get my ship in optimal condition before i start my way back. still could use 2 more caustic sinks, 8-9 can be sufficient to deal with the caustic damage for a full titan round. now after finishing that can continue to do some usefull and not so stressing stuff.

titan.jpg

Quick update - Having shifted 71 tons of Titan tissue samples for the recent CG, I've just finished putting together a complete video guide and walkthrough of Titan tissue sampling (including ship build plus Glaive and Griefer evasion techniques). Hope folks find it entertaining and/or useful!

Source: https://youtu.be/FBJ4AlnOrfw
I just camehere after watching the video. It was a really fascinating experience and somewhat relaxing.

Top Bottom