VR and 347.09 any fix ?

did anybody find a workaround for VR break of nvidia drivers 347.09 ? they aren't beta anymore and it woudl be good to be able to use them especially since they announced performance improvement with it.

i tried and the image is much better (no bouble eyesight) but i still have low persistance and black smudge issue.

Did you try restarting the oculus service just before launching the game?
I get smudge and 60hz unless I do this using the oculus manager.

EDIT: haven't tried these new drivers yet though.

Did you try restarting the oculus service just before launching the game?
I get smudge and 60hz unless I do this using the oculus manager.

EDIT: haven't tried these new drivers yet though.
Just tried and no luck. it seems nvidia 3D drivers for the new 3D vision oculus support is messing stuff up.

Everything i have seen for the Rift that those drivers, the common fix is "go back a driver number" because whatever they did might have worked in house but it is really fighting with the new SDK that Oculus put out

I have posted the workaround twice in the top pinned post. If anyone feels like following my instructions, the driver works just fine.

I have posted the workaround twice in the top pinned post. If anyone feels like following my instructions, the driver works just fine.

ok so indeed putting the rift as primary screen does work. what was going wrong on my side is the fact power wasn't plugged in. after doing so i had a perfect image and was able to max out ALL settings (except blur ofc) and still have 75fps in stations/asteroid fields so for me a 15-25% fps increase.

I just tried this new driver, setting rift as primary display per the instructions posted in the other thread... doesn't work for me, I still get double images...

I just tried this new driver, setting rift as primary display per the instructions posted in the other thread... doesn't work for me, I still get double images...

I never said the Rift had to be made Primary, I tell you to pick whatever isn't primary, and make it primary. If it is the Rift, change it to your monitor. If it is your monitor, change it to the Rift.

The process has to start after boot up, start Elite, See Elite is broken. Close Elite, Switch Primary Screen (Rift/Monitor) Start Elite, Switch Elite Graphics Options to Primary/Secondary (pick whatever the Rift is now) screen. It now should look/work normally.

Nvidia 3D Vision has nothing to do with the Oculus and should be turned off from the get go.

SlackR

Banned
It can be made to work, but I never saw any performance boost and it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle at the moment.

It can be made to work, but I never saw any performance boost and it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle at the moment.

as far as i'm concerned it boosted my performances a lot. i can now be in stations and asteroid fields while keeping a solid 75fps. (gtx 980, all settings to max no supersampling)

I never said the Rift had to be made Primary, I tell you to pick whatever isn't primary, and make it primary. If it is the Rift, change it to your monitor. If it is your monitor, change it to the Rift.

The process has to start after boot up, start Elite, See Elite is broken. Close Elite, Switch Primary Screen (Rift/Monitor) Start Elite, Switch Elite Graphics Options to Primary/Secondary (pick whatever the Rift is now) screen. It now should look/work normally.

Nvidia 3D Vision has nothing to do with the Oculus and should be turned off from the get go.

Thanks for the clarification. Just quickly tried again, after also uninstalling the 3Dvision driver, and it did work.

I look forward to seeing later whether any performance boost is obtained on my system; more fps in asteroid fields would certainly be welcome!

EDIT: Doesn't seem like any dramatic performance boost to me. Still a juddering mess in a light asteroid field with fps down to the 30s. As usual it seems I can fly around, dock at stations, and get into combat at 75fps, with mostly high graphics settings, but as soon as there's a few asteroids in view fps gets unplayable and no settings changes seem to matter. Guess mining will not be my niche.

Last edited:
Top Bottom