Ship Builds & Load Outs Vulture - First BH weapon choices...

I’ve built my first BH ship and I’m struggling a bit
Engineers used Hera, Farseer, Ryder and Martuuk
—> Armored G4 (G5 soon) Monstered Power Plant (This seems to give enough extra power? But I did wonder about Overcharged)
G3 Dirty Drag thrusters G3 Charge enhanced + Super Conduits Distrib. + Shield/Hull/SB upgrades.

My trouble is on weapons —> I’m about to unlock Tod so this should help
—> I tried Fixed MCs x2 & struggled to aim - This could be that I just need to practice! I’m also finding the Xbox One Controller much harder than when I previously played with a HOTAS on a PC at launch....I’ve returned to the game several years later but on the Xbox One.

1) Should I switch to Gimballed MCs, persevere with the Xbox controller —> Unlock Tod —> Overcharged + Incendiary
2) Should I risk buying the Xbox One Hotas (despite the concerns from some on this forum) and stick with Fixed MCs (same engineering)?

Also is it better to go dual Incendiary or split incendiary/corrosive (they will reload at different points...)?

Thanks

I've never been satisfied with any Vulture weapon configuration. Two large hardpoints are nice, yes, but having just two means you will either be less effective against shields or hull, or if you compromise by splitting the damage type you've nerfed both. I've tried all sorts of multi-cannons, frags, PAs, rails, lasers, and in many combinations. My module storage can attest!

This is my Vulture now

Arclight

You can see I just said screw it and went dual beams. Great shield stripper, but relatively weak against hulls *. It's ammoless, which can count as positive, and thermal vent acts like a cloak, making it effective against wings. I can't offer much advice beyond experimenting with various combinations until you find what works best for you. Do not hesitate to use gimbals, all my ships do. I prefer gimbals for a variety of reasons. If you want fixed that's fine, but don't do it because you might think gimbals are gimping.

* While the weapons are weak against hull, the ship is not. This is my Taran King, ramming is a commonly used tactic in this ship, knocking off the last bit of shield, and knocking down the hull too.

Last edited:
I've never been satisfied with any Vulture weapon configuration. Two large hardpoints are nice, yes, but having just two means you will either be less effective against shields or hull, or if you compromise by splitting the damage type you've nerfed both. I've tried all sorts of multi-cannons, frags, PAs, rails, lasers, and in many combinations. My module storage can attest!

This is my Vulture now

Arclight

You can see I just said screw it and went dual beams. Great shield stripper, but relatively weak against shields *. It's ammoless, which can count as positive, and thermal vent acts like a cloak, making it effective against wings. I can't offer much advice beyond experimenting with various combinations until you find what works best for you. Do not hesitate to use gimbals, all my ships do. I prefer gimbals for a variety of reasons. If you want fixed that's fine, but don't do it because you might think gimbals are gimping.

* While the weapons are weak against hull, the ship is not. This is my Taran King, ramming is a commonly used tactic in this ship, knocking off the last bit of shield, and knocking down the hull too.

So maybe go with Gimbaled OC MCannons (Incendiary)
Unlock the Laser engineer and switch over!
Out of interest have you tried efficient Burst Inertial Impact lasers?

Top Bottom