Horizons Wake scanner not working

Scanners need to be attached to a fire group to work which means hardpoints actually do need to be deployed.

My Discovery scanner doesn't need to be deployed. It's mapped to Secondary Fire. Utility points don't get deployed. Weapons get deployed. Don't run the poor guy all over the place with garbage solutions while you laugh behind his back at a distance. It doesn't solve any problems and makes you a ty person.

I'm experiencing similar problems, right now around the Mushashi megaship in the community goal. I can scan wakes from npcs, but I can't scan wakes from other players. Simply as that. I wanted to know from where other people are taking resources, but one more time, fun ruined by the game.

I'm using horizons 4.0.

My Discovery scanner doesn't need to be deployed. It's mapped to Secondary Fire. Utility points don't get deployed. Weapons get deployed. Don't run the poor guy all over the place with garbage solutions while you laugh behind his back at a distance. It doesn't solve any problems and makes you a ty person.

Discovery scanner isn't installed to a utility mount, it's built in to the ship! Check your utility mounts, you will find no Discovery Scanner there! Devices installed to a utility mount that use a fire button need to be deployed.

... Devices installed to a utility mount that use a fire button need to be deployed.

(cough) heatsink launcher (cough)

... and while I am here anyway:

necro disco .gif

(cough) heatsink launcher (cough)

... and while I am here anyway:

View attachment 330856

Heat sinks can be launched from a shortcut key, so don't actually need to be in a firegroup to launch and are therefore not the same category as devices that must be assigned to a firegroup. Things that MUST be assigned to a firegroup to use need the mounts to be deployed. The default binding for heatsink launcher is the V key on my PC, so since it doesn't require me to press one of the fire buttons it doesn't need to be deployed when used. If you choose to assign it in a firegroup that's fine, but it doesn't need to be there, any shortcut key will do!

Why FDEV chose to do it that way I have no idea, but since it doesn't NEED to be in a firegroup to be used it doesn't NEED to be deployed.

Heat sinks can be launched from a shortcut key, so don't actually need to be in a firegroup to launch and are therefore not the same category as devices that must be assigned to a firegroup. Things that MUST be assigned to a firegroup to use need the mounts to be deployed. The default binding for heatsink launcher is the V key on my PC, so since it doesn't require me to press one of the fire buttons it doesn't need to be deployed when used. If you choose to assign it in a firegroup that's fine, but it doesn't need to be there, any shortcut key will do!

Why FDEV chose to do it that way I have no idea, but since it doesn't NEED to be in a firegroup to be used it doesn't NEED to be deployed.

I agree with you, just that was "not wot u rote". ;)

Top Bottom