Walk around inside ships

I just think it would be a pretty awesome update or expansion pack to be able to get out of your Commander chair and explore inside your different ships. Even if there was nothing to do inside other than see the interior of the ships. Just a cool thought. What do other commanders think?

I just think it would be a pretty awesome update or expansion pack to be able to get out of your Commander chair and explore inside your different ships. Even if there was nothing to do inside other than see the interior of the ships. Just a cool thought. What do other commanders think?
Sounds epic! I can imagine getting a solid 10-15 minutes of value out of that before - like multicrew - basically never using it again due to lack of gameplay purpose/depth for it.

Sounds epic! I can imagine getting a solid 10-15 minutes of value out of that before - like multicrew - basically never using it again due to lack of gameplay purpose/depth for it.
Yeah! That's why it would be a free implementation though. Just simply a tiny bit more depth. Then maybe they could figure out a little more to do with it. Just each time you get a new ship, walk around and familiarize yourself with your new ship. I think it would be cool.

Yeah! That's why it would be a free implementation though.

And the people who would design and create the interiors for the 30+ ships, some of them the size of a carrier, and add the code that allows you to walk around in them, how exactly do you propose they pay the rent?

So the 10-15mins of novelty becomes 20-30mins...?

Yes, you dont like the idea of it. We've got it the previous five hundred times you told us you don't like the idea of it. It has been written down in the notepad labeled 'very important stuff we will definitely take into consideration'. Thanks for sharing. Again.

Yes, you dont like the idea of it. We've got it the previous five hundred times you told us you don't like the idea of it. It has been written down in the notepad labeled 'very important stuff we will definitely take into consideration'. Thanks for sharing. Again.
Well that's kind of embarrassing as we're only putting your stuff onto post-its. But good job! Good job!

As far as the people putting in hours or coding in order to do this, how would they pay rent, yes. I agree. People should be paid for their artistic creations. But I've seen MUCH bigger things be free. Like Warframe for example. Sure, lots of people pay to win that game,so they still make money, but people pay for elite dangerous too. To buy the game and the liveries. But I'd still buy it if it was a $5-$10 add on. This game has so much depth already, it's insane. So adding just that small amount more would be incredible.

As far as the people putting in hours or coding in order to do this, how would they pay rent, yes. I agree. People should be paid for their artistic creations. But I've seen MUCH bigger things be free. Like Warframe for example. Sure, lots of people pay to win that game,so they still make money, but people pay for elite dangerous too. To buy the game and the liveries. But I'd still buy it if it was a $5-$10 add on. This game has so much depth already, it's insane. So adding just that small amount more would be incredible.
Another thread on here details how a lot of space legs assets/infrastructure are already in game. I wouldn't be surprised if ship interiors were already done/modeled, just not fully implemented yet.

I'd have to agree. Just walking around without purpose would be a total waste of development time.
FPA gameplay needs to be just that: gamePLAY. It needs to beconnected to, and integrated with useful, and INTERESTING mechanics, that compel us to move around on our feet.
This can definitely be done, and I hope FDev can do it, but it might take even more dev time than the design of ED as it is now.

Yeah 2020 is when they add legs but no game to go with them

Cosmiiiiik!
If they do go with space legs next year it's going to be fascinating. A bar raising work of genius, or another ill considered multicrew with little/no gameplay of merit.

I think walking around a static, non-interactive ship interior sounds profoundly uncool.

I also think walking around a spaceship is already pretty uncool to begin with, since we're supposed to be, you know - in SPACE.

Well, if they ever do the space legs, it will probably be iterative and walking around inside the ship will be the first iteration. Walking/EVA'ing around your own ship would be the second. At least that would allow to appeciate the scale of these ships better. As it is now, many of the cockpits are weirdly designed so that it's hard to realise how big they are.

Subnautica has spoiled me when it comes space sea legs and customizable interiors (and being able to paint ships any color I want). It's much more fun being in a ship than it is "being the ship" IMO.

So the 10-15mins of novelty becomes 20-30mins...?
I understand, if it were a racing game then you'd just want to race,
Me though, and many others, like to do the things that lead up to and after the race, like drive every lap in every session, and try different settings and sort out a pit strategy, then do the race and drive round slowly on the in lap.
You see, that's why some developers develop games to be more in depth, to bring in a not just a sense of awe, but realism too.

Top Bottom