Wanders back in .......

.... and waves to those he remembers (and hopefully remember him).

Yes, I am back after a 6 month break from both the game and the forums. I found I was getting, well not bored, more like stale in the game. It wasn't that there was nothing new to do, heck I always find ways to enjoy the game, more like I was disenchanted with the direction some here were demanding the game go. And I realised I was getting too emotional in the forums so decided a break was need, from both! But with the imminent drop of Odyssey I thought it was time to at least complete some of my long term goals before the DLC dropped.

Anyway, I have been back around a month or so, lurking in the shadows of the forum to find out if anything has changed. Nope unfortunately those who complained before are still complaining, those who blindly said everything is okay are still wearing blinkers. About the only new thing is the influx of posts of the newbies telling everyone how the game should be constructed and played after 10 hours of rigorous game time. But I haven't been idle since my return, I have quietly gone about and reached the required rank to get a Cutter (the Phoenix: Trader - yes an armed high volume trader, how original), an Alliance Chieftain - damn why didn't someone tell me about this ship early, it is a beast, and lastly an Asp Explorer. This one is a strange one, never really liked the AspE before, always preferred the Phantom, DBX or Dolphin for exploring but I think I have finally found a niche for the humble AspE in my fleet. It has been designed solely to scoop mats, nothing more, I should have called it Hoover :D Sold the Anaconda, never liked it, couldn't find a use for it and I don't keep ships I don't use.

Apart from that I have been busily fully engineering all my ships to get the best out of them as defined by the role I have assigned them. And no it hasn't been a grind getting the mats, I made a game of it and having a lot of fun doing it. Oh finally, no I haven't purchased a carrier yet although I can easily afford one just can't work out why I need one. Hmm maybe time will change my mind but at this stage I can't think of a decent justification to buy one.

I will humbly say though that I have achieved one milestone I honestly didn't think was going to happen:

Triple-1.jpg

And I did it the hard way, no farming Thargoids, just honest NPC farming at High Res. Whilst it did take some time, I didn't consider it a grind, I made a game out of it, each sortie in (based on how quickly I expended all my frag ammo) had to be better than the previous one for example. Made target selection interesting - to me at least anyway. Now for some numbers that I gathered to reach Triple Elite:
  • Hours Played: 3,597 or 21 Weeks, 2 days, 21 hours (oh and to be precise 3 minutes).
  • 32 Insurance Claims costing 45,886,239 credits (all of them due to me and me alone)
  • 12,777 Bounties taken for a moderate total of 1,054,806,213 credits
  • A whopping 49 Combat Bonds (never really got into the whole Combat Zone thing).
  • An embarrassing 77 Assassinations - guess I am not the deadly trained killer I thought I was :D
  • Zero as in nil, none, nada Thargoids killed. Just can't be bothered with them, they don't annoy me, I don't annoy them!
  • Lastly and the one I am most proud of - Zero Commander's killed and yes I play in Open most of the time. And to add, I am 99.9999% confident that I haven't been killed by a Commander either, I just don't put myself in a situation where that would or could arise.
So yeah, I guess I reached my milestone the traditional way but it is one achievement in the game I am rather proud of.

Anyhoo, happy trails one and all, it is good to be back in the cockpit again.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome back.

Breaks like that are a necessity for me (for both game interest reasons and real life reasons), and I've yet to find motivation to linger on forums when I'm not active in a game, so I understand you there.

Upon each return I am always a bit surprised how much I still enjoy the game. I guess I can't say it gets better every time, just different, maybe good in different ways.

Hi mooka. :) Well, with many of us somehow still here, feel free to slot back in. Your side could well use your contributions again, when it comes to talking about the game everyone just agrees and moves on. Every serious complaint thread ends in 6 pages rather than 20 now. It is a bit more fun with lively discussion.

Also if you think an asp is good for materials.. wait until you find the type-7.. beats it in (almost) every way possible.

.... and waves to those he remembers (and hopefully remember him).

Yes, I am back after a 6 month break from both the game and the forums. I found I was getting, well not bored, more like stale in the game. It wasn't that there was nothing new to do, heck I always find ways to enjoy the game, more like I was disenchanted with the direction some here were demanding the game go. And I realised I was getting too emotional in the forums so decided a break was need, from both! But with the imminent drop of Odyssey I thought it was time to at least complete some of my long term goals before the DLC dropped.

Anyway, I have been back around a month or so, lurking in the shadows of the forum to find out if anything has changed. Nope unfortunately those who complained before are still complaining, those who blindly said everything is okay are still wearing blinkers. About the only new thing is the influx of posts of the newbies telling everyone how the game should be constructed and played after 10 hours of rigorous game time. But I haven't been idle, I have quietly gone about and reached the required rank to get a Cutter (the Phoenix: Trader - yes an armed high volume trader, how original), an Alliance Chieftain - damn why didn't someone tell me about this ship early, it is a beast, and lastly an Asp Explorer. This one is a strange one, never really liked the AspE before, always preferred the Phantom, DBX or Dolphin for exploring but I think I have finally found a niche for the humble AspE in my fleet. It has been designed solely to scoop mats, nothing more, I should have called it Hoover :D Sold the Anaconda, never liked it, couldn't find a use for it and I don't keep ships I don't use.

Apart from that I have been busily fully engineering all my ships to get the best out of them as defined by the role I have assigned them. And no it hasn't been a grind getting the mats, I made a game of it and having a lot of fun doing it. Oh finally, no I haven't purchased a carrier yet although I can easily afford one just can't work out why I need one. Hmm maybe time will change my mind but at this stage I can't think of a decent justification to buy one.

I will humbly say though that I have achieved one milestone I honestly didn't think was going to happen:

View attachment 203964
And I did it the hard way, no farming Thargoids, just honest NPC farming at High Res. Whilst it did take some time, I didn't consider it a grind, I made a game out of it, each sortie in (based on how quickly I expended all my frag ammo) had to be better than the previous one for example. Made target selection interesting - to me at least anyway. Now for some numbers that I gathered to reach Triple Elite:
  • Hours Played: 3,597 or 21 Weeks, 2 days, 21 hours (oh and to be precise 3 minutes).
  • 32 Insurance Claims costing 45,886,239 credits (all of them due to me and me alone)
  • 12,777 Bounties taken for a moderate total of 1,054,806,213 credits
  • A whopping 49 Combat Bonds (never really got into the whole Combat Zone thing).
  • An embarrassing 77 Assassinations - guess I am not the deadly trained killer I thought I was :D
  • Zero as in nil, none, nada Thargoids killed. Just can't be bothered with them, they don't annoy me, I don't annoy them!
  • Lastly and the one I am most proud of - Zero Commander's killed and yes I play in Open most of the time. And to add, I am 99.9999% confident that I haven't been killed by a Commander either, I just don't put myself in a situation where that would or could arise.
So yeah, I guess I reached my milestone the traditional way but it is one achievement in the game I am rather proud of.

Anyhoo, happy trails one and all, it is good to be back in the cockpit again.

As for that AspX... Good for wake scanning... 😉 at least that is what I use my AspX for these days.

As for the FC... Hint : trading. It will pay for itself in about a week.

Edit. Oh and welcome back. Man, you missed the mining gold rush...

Top Bottom