WANTED - needs an alarm for a few seconds else it's not good UI

Becoming accidentally WANTED due to a ship flying into your beams or by any method should have a brief alarm sound and flashing "WANTED" just as the FSD Cooldown. I am gob-smacked this is not already added. It gets unnoticed so easily. I also seen a player dock and I cautioned him on coms but think he did not understand English. This simple change must be made ASAP. It should also scare the crap out of us!!
Seriously!

Last edited:
A better fix would be for pilots not to become wanted in the first place for accidental friendly fires due to the other ship flying straight across your firing line.

Especially with the current obsession NPCs have at getting extremely close to you with ram scanning etc.

Last edited:
Not needed as we should watch out for both NPC ships and Players. I use unlock target if my turets are on constant beams and also to control overheating. Authority ships are doing their job. If we don't get into a good position then it is our own fault we get in their way. TBH I am surprized they don't accidently shoot us as used to be the case.
Also the NPC ships never actually ram us. It is the Player that does not slow their own speed or take action to try and get behind them. I always slow to 50% and they simply hault before me to scan. Other ships that do charge at me well I am flying towards them also chicken style and I am sure to get out of the way if I do not wish to be rammed.
It does need a flashing alarm as it isn't just NPC who are in the line of fire. Players can also sweep in and you accidentally shoot them (including Wings). Therefore mine is the logical solution. Over to FD to put this right.
2. I'd hope the UI dash also displays the Star Type as using the Maps whilst in the heat of action (smuggling or PvP or WANTED) means you can be killed by not flying your ship! It needs sorting.

Last edited:
Becoming accidentally WANTED due to a ship flying into your beams or by any method should have a brief alarm sound and flashing "WANTED" just as the FSD Cooldown. I am gob-smacked this is not already added. It gets unnoticed so easily. I also seen a player dock and I cautioned him on coms but think he did not understand English. This simple change must be made ASAP. It should also scare the crap out of us!!
Seriously!
Seriously? How can you miss the huge red blue letters telling you that you got a bounty for assault?

Last edited:
Indeed it is there in RED letters right above the FSD cooldown as well as the info text in the top right box as well as the blue pop up writing telling you you just committed a crime. Have a look next time, you'll see it all there.

Top Bottom