warehouses/houses?

Hi all !

I was thinking about the following concept for the game.
Maybe it would be cool if we could get some warehouses/houses on the planet surface where we can stock our goods/bounties/refuelt etc...
These buildings would be owend by the players and it would require the same level of maintaince as your ship.
Well that's just my opinion I want to hear your opinions on the matter.

Thanks for reading commanders ! :D

PS: just an idea that was in my head for a couple days

Offloading bounties or exploration data to a safe store to sell later is a good idea.
FD is obviously OK with explorers stockpiling data to submit during an exploration CG, so this would mean that they could do something else in the meantime.

It kicks off the interplayer economy when storage happens.

I think FDev feel pretty ambivalent about that.

If storage and money transfer happen it will be a BIG change.

Offloading bounties or exploration data to a safe store to sell later is a good idea.
FD is obviously OK with explorers stockpiling data to submit during an exploration CG, so this would mean that they could do something else in the meantime.

I know that stocking goods would brake the game but stocking exploration data like Lizard said can't be that game breaking. I mean it would give explorers some peace of mind so they won't lose everything in one go should they be interdicted.

Question Sir, not criticism, but why store your Exploration data? Just cash it in? Or is there a benefit for storing the data for a later date?

The difference being when an explorer loses his ship the data goes with it, the main risk of being an explorer, however I think most people would still want their stored stuff safe if their ship explodes.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
The difference being when an explorer loses his ship the data goes with it, the main risk of being an explorer, however I think most people would still want their stored stuff safe if their ship explodes.

Another risk to the explorer is that by delaying selling their data they risk losing "First Discovered By" bonuses.

Question Sir, not criticism, but why store your Exploration data? Just cash it in? Or is there a benefit for storing the data for a later date?

To wait Community goal for exploration data. You collect enough data to become elite and don´t sell anything. Then when CG come you can deliver data for 100 000 000 CR + and get to top 5 for the best reward without doing any exploration during cg. Those who go to explore for cg have no change to deliver as much data.

The devs dont like player owned stuff in the galaxy.

A storage on stations where you can stash cargo and equipment would be a sufficient solution.

For exploreration data and bounties there could be some solar data drones a solution that fly autonomus to the stations and the player could go on with other tasks.

I've read several posts by explorers who were desperately waiting for an exploration CG. A couple had come in from the black, but didn't want to play and risk their data until an exploratin CG. Saving exploration data is how these CGs seem to work, so why not just go with it and allow explorers the option of doing other stuff without risking losing it all. As Robert says, they are still rising losing their first claim bonus if someone else claims the same system before they do.

Top Bottom