Was Mining Changed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 166264
  • Start date

Deleted member 166264

D
I moved a few months ago and wasn't able to start playing again until the end of September. I saw that those of us that bought Horizons were given a new paint job so I was trying to check that out and ended up painting a few of my ships. One of them I used for mining in ice rings so I made it a nice white to blend in. Then I saw that EDSM wasn't applying the paint jobs to some of my ships. No biggie, I figured it was just because I didn't fly anywhere with them yet. Last night I decided to take the Ice Runner out to my normal LTD spot, spend a few minutes there picking up some LTDs and return so EDSM would update. I get to the Haz Rez, let the baddies scan me & fly off, head far enough away so they don't sneak up behind me, and start prospecting. After I go through a few asteroids with no LTDs appearing I come across one rock a high mineral content and some tritium (?) in it. I mine some of that and notice that it's roughly compatible in price with what I remember LTDs being so I just load up on a few of those, just to make the trip worth the time. I just want to know if the way I used to mine for LTDs was changed when the FCs came out.

Also, before I go out with my Lode Runner, was the old way of painite mining changed as well? I'm not a fan of the core-style mining, mainly because I have rotten luck finding anything to mine worth the time, and when I do it takes far to long (though this last part is likely due to my mining ships being T10s and not something a little more maneuverable).

yep - demand was "fixed", hotspot over-lapping was "fixed", ice rings were "fixed" too
Core mining in ice rings is crap now - and is crap generaly speaking due to PWS being ... well... bugged.
As a result LTD market totally crashed and Void Opal mining sux too.

Painite laser mining still works - i wonder for how long tho.

Deleted member 166264

D
Well I tried doing the core mining long ago and gave up on it. I just do the old-school laser mining.

Only ICE rings were changed negatively...
That is not true the painite percentages are lower then they were 2 weeks ago. Now the percentage I find most are in the teens. Before I could travel 5 km and find rocks with anywhere from 25 to 45% painite in them. Now your lucky if you find anything above 30%.

Only ICE rings were changed negatively...
That is not true the painite percentages are lower then they were 2 weeks ago. Now the percentage I find most are in the teens. Before I could travel 5 km and find rocks with anywhere from 25 to 45% painite in them. Now your lucky if you find anything above 30%.
NO
The percentage is so much higher that RES mining IS now worth while doing... due to the increase of the Hotspot and RES combined for painite before the update res site bonus was not enough so flying less than 20km was not enough...
And there are Constant posts of users on reddit posting there EASY to run pyhton/anaconda runs with Zero engineering at all...
ps4q60fshvz51.png

u5auc16km8z51.png

zeifgwvb6iz51.png

Last edited:
Painite is till working ... for now. Starting from next monday, we'll see another mining rebalancing. Not sure whether it will be an additional nerf to laser mining or a fix for deep core mining.

Yep I was out Painite mining last night, I had a 1 hour session from launch to sell and got around 70 tonnes. The double hotspot in Hyades DB-X, a good mix of roids in the 40 min I actually spent in the field, 3 or 4 at 50% the rest around 20%.

We will have to wait and see what the 'rebalancing' leads to on Monday, lots of speculation but nothing confirmed other than they are rebalancing mining first, and it will done through the narrative.

It may just be luck of the instance. Sometimes i have trouble finding anything above 12% and the next time i'll come across mostly roids in the 35 to 60% range in the same hotspot.

It may just be luck of the instance. Sometimes i have trouble finding anything above 12% and the next time i'll come across mostly roids in the 35 to 60% range in the same hotspot.
There is no luck every rock in every instance is "Prefixed" on server generation for where you land...
That's why mining the same exact spot using the distances from hot spots and planet can land you exactly the same rock every time...

That's how MAPPED mining works once someone lands in the ring at that distance the ring rocks from that location is fixed...
The only way to get different rocks is to get the landing "wrong" every time... due to the size of the ring that can happen..

That why mapped ring miners start at the same location every time...
The only time the mapped run fails is due to them "missing" there landing point but if you use a Res site or center of hot spot every rock is the same every time players land...

Thats why the Eggs worked because they were in the same location every time...
ICE rings... were nuked in july... all maps for Ice rings Died...

Last edited:
No patch to client, No changes in the rings as client update is required to change ring generation...
Prices are changed at the station in the rebalance not the rings...

PS4 still suffers from Low rock count rendering as it has done for years that does not stop you getting the same tons per hour in RNG mining as PC players...
EnmBX7_WMAEGuI-

EnmBPHuXUAAwV-W

You still need to stay awake and even a good audiobook may not be enough...
Speeded up footage... no cuts... each rock collected... but footage speeded up by share factory...

The current galactic average price for painite is 52,985c. My mining Python holds 192 units and I can fill it in about an hour in a double hot spot. That is 10,173,120 cph. That is still respectable. You can still have enough to buy and outfit a ship in a short period. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be.

Deleted member 166264

D
All I know is that I hit my usual spots for LTDs and painite, and I wasn't getting the same percentages I was getting back in Feb. Maybe my spot is no longer pristine and I didn't notice it. Even then I should have found some of those. I got nothing when I went looking.

I haven't tried mining yet. My numbers were just off of the average listed at the time. I believe only the prices have changed and not the mining spots themselves. I can't say what might have happened since Feb. Though.

So, I did a bit of painite mining and I'm finding just as much as I was before so it's definitely just the prices that were effected. I'm sure someone who does mapped mining can confirm this.
You would only be making roughly 10% in credits what you would make before the rebalancing. Still a decent amount if you need to buy a medium sized ship. You just won't be doing it in one mining trip.
Learn to love the grind.

Top Bottom