Was the spectrogram fully solved?

Hi all,

I’ve been away for a while, was the spectrogram from the Unknown Device solved? Did we get a definitive answer from Frontier? I’ve been doing some catching up on canon, and I already knew that the sound files from the Unknown Device lead to other sites. In other words - was the spectrogram just a clue how to use the sound files, or did it lead to something else?

unknown.png

Last edited:
Depends what you mean by "solve". I think yes, based on what you said, it was "solved"... the when you play the unknown signal to a link, you get three octal tones:
- One is the distance to merope, from the target system (where the TS points to). Merope represented on the left diagram
- Other is distance to "That Col Sector System" from the target system (found from the TP). That system represented on the right
- Other is the distance to the target system, based on where you currently are. Denoted by the "Arbitrary" system up top.

Other octal is just "1,2,3" because why not. This was also in the TP diagram.

And representation of thargoids, because thargoids.

Sure, some of that is a little dismissive, but there's never been "more to it" to anything else in the game so far.

IIRC the reference system to the right has not been found yet, mostly because Col 70 is permit locked until now. It's not necessary to know it's exact location, though, as the spectograms main purpose seems to illustrate the process of how to find the next Thargoid structure by using TS, TP and TL together. In fact, it was not even necessary to identify Merope as the left-side system (Merope 5c doesn't even seem to be special in this diagram). It will be quite interesting to find the right-side system one day anyway, we only know it's in Col 70 somewhere and there may obviously be something important to the Thargoids. Let's hope for Beyond to remove the remaining veils, including HIP 22460. Among the first things I will do tomorrow will be to check whether it's accessible now | again, but the spectrogram itself is more or less done, I think.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...man-Threat-5?p=6280359&viewfull=1#post6280359

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
IIRC the reference system to the right has not been found yet, mostly because Col 70 is permit locked until now. It's not necessary to know it's exact location, though, as the spectograms main purpose seems to illustrate the process of how to find the next Thargoid structure by using TS, TP and TL together. In fact, it was not even necessary to identify Merope as the left-side system (Merope 5c doesn't even seem to be special in this diagram). It will be quite interesting to find the right-side system one day anyway, we only know it's in Col 70 somewhere and there may obviously be something important to the Thargoids. Let's hope for Beyond to remove the remaining veils, including HIP 22460. Among the first things I will do tomorrow will be to check whether it's accessible now | again, but the spectrogram itself is more or less done, I think.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...man-Threat-5?p=6280359&viewfull=1#post6280359

O7,
[noob]

It's Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3 on the right. We know this because:
- Part of the TP octal data is the distance from the system you are currently in, to that system. (Ref: https://www.reddit.com/r/Canonn/comments/4yn18w/col_70_sector_fyn_c213/)
- As I mentioned before, to use the Unknown Signals to locate other Thargoid Structures, when you play the signal to the TL it emits three pieces of data... being:
. - The distance^ from Merope to the system the Unknown Signal relates to (TS points to Merope in the spectrogram, as the TS points to Merope)
. - The distance^ from Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3 to the system the Unknown Signal relates to (TP points to Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3, as part of the TP signal gives the distance to that system); and
. - The distance^ from your current location, to the system the Unknown Signal relates to.

Without knowing that third system is Col 70 Sector FY-N C21-3, you wouldn't be able to work out the target system the Unknown Signal relates to.

^ Whether that's the actual distance, or a ratio you calculate into the distance, I can't remember.

There has to be more to it than that.
- find tharg stuff at tharg sites that points to other tharg sites - and that’s it?
Has anyone tried taking the probe, sensor, link and heart to Col 70 (without a guardian booster)?
If no one has, I will make this my next mission o7

Has anyone tried taking the probe, sensor, link and heart to Col 70 (without a guardian booster)?
If you can work out how to unlock that region permit, you can have my account. No region permit has ever been obtained by anyone... ostensibly, they are unobtainable, and simply a way for FD to lock off areas they don't want us playing with yet. (a-la Gnosis and Cone Sector)

if col70 is thargoid space, then you maybe need thargoid tech to get a system lock.
That is, don’t use the galaxy map to plot. Human tech don’t work out there, but thargoid tech does. Why would our keys fit their door?

Gota ‘think outside the locks’.

Easter eggs are always hidden somewhere you ‘cant’ go.
When the logical doesn’t work, try the absurd.

if col70 is thargoid space, then you maybe need thargoid tech to get a system lock.
That is, don’t use the galaxy map to plot. Human tech don’t work out there, but thargoid tech does. Why would our keys fit their door?

Gota ‘think outside the locks’.

Easter eggs are always hidden somewhere you ‘cant’ go.
When the logical doesn’t work, try the absurd.
Cool aphorisms. Send us a postcard when you get there.

Top Bottom