Wasn't there a Chrome paint job for the Federal Corvette available?

Now that I have it, I'm not as happy with the Corvette design as I thought I'd be, the devil is in the details:

1) some of it looks a little bit like Lego, then there's something that looks like giant equalizer sliders from some recording gear on both sides...
I think it would look much, much better in Chrome, like my FDL does - since the chrome makes the weird, patchy hull sections not (so) noticeable anymore...

2) the view of the front from the cockpit is icky, because FD failed to make it look "cool", its just a cragged mess you're looking at - especially noticeable with a light colored paint job. Tactical Ice paint looks far too grey and darkish - nothing near ice and nothing near the way it looks on other ships I have tried it on. The ASP looks MUCH, MUCH better with Tactical Ice - basically very near a clean white...

3) basically, its the same front as the Anaconda from the cockpit and exactly as far back as the Anaconda too... I would prefer the cockpit more midship, like a lot of modern Corvettes do - either midship or ~1/3 of total length from the front. The cockpit position on the Corvette matches a freight ship... ouch...

Nothing against the rest of the ship, that's all very good - I just got through engineering mine to G5, and its maneuvering, firepower and tanking is shiny. And the engineered Jump range of 24-27 LY depending on fitting isn't great, but also not totally horrible. At least it has a better fuel tank than the FDL, where you think you'll run out of fuel if ever you get two stars you can't scoop in a row...

But yeah, Chrome, anyone have it? Or was I dreaming and FD hasn't put that out yet?
How about Onionhead? Its a shame that's only available on the Cobra...

Last edited:
It was a special edition paint job available christmas 2016, so I'm sorry to say you won't be able to get it any more...

Wasn't it on sale few weeks back when they were doing the charity event thing?

Edit: Also at least Core Dynamics were good enough to tidy up there cockpit no wire hanging out :D

Last edited:
I wish. I wasn't playing the last time it was available.
I waiting prior to Christmas checking each day, but no. It never appeared

Now that I have it, I'm not as happy with the Corvette design as I thought I'd be, the devil is in the details:

1) some of it looks a little bit like Lego, then there's something that looks like giant equalizer sliders from some recording gear on both sides...
I think it would look much, much better in Chrome, like my FDL does - since the chrome makes the weird, patchy hull sections not (so) noticeable anymore...

2) the view of the front from the cockpit is icky, because FD failed to make it look "cool", its just a cragged mess you're looking at - especially noticeable with a light colored paint job. Tactical Ice paint looks far too grey and darkish - nothing near ice and nothing near the way it looks on other ships I have tried it on. The ASP looks MUCH, MUCH better with Tactical Ice - basically very near a clean white...

3) basically, its the same front as the Anaconda from the cockpit and exactly as far back as the Anaconda too... I would prefer the cockpit more midship, like a lot of modern Corvettes do - either midship or ~1/3 of total length from the front. The cockpit position on the Corvette matches a freight ship... ouch...

Nothing against the rest of the ship, that's all very good - I just got through engineering mine to G5, and its maneuvering, firepower and tanking is shiny. And the engineered Jump range of 24-27 LY depending on fitting isn't great, but also not totally horrible. At least it has a better fuel tank than the FDL, where you think you'll run out of fuel if ever you get two stars you can't scoop in a row...

But yeah, Chrome, anyone have it? Or was I dreaming and FD hasn't put that out yet?
How about Onionhead? Its a shame that's only available on the Cobra...

I have it.
If I remember correctly I bought it in the December sale. For a limited time FDev offered several chrome and gold paintjobs for several ships.
it might also have been longer ago.

No doubt a similar offer will come along again eventually.

Last edited:
I have it.
If I remember correctly I bought it in the December sale. For a limited time FDev offered several chrome and gold paintjobs for several ships.
it might also have been longer ago.

No doubt a similar offer will come along again eventually.

Thanks for the info, (to everyone else too).

I think you're right - all the previous "limited time" chrome and gold offers I bought have returned and become available again in subsequent "special" sales...

Maybe I'll get a totally gaudy gold corvette first :D

With the multitude of engineering options for each part and gun, I actually had to buy a second hull, just to store the alternate engineering rolls / types.
By now, my parts hull has accumulated enough parts to be a complete, differently engineered Vette with different weapons... So definitely worth getting some paint jobs for it...

Yup:

RZ3nRsy.png

Then there's this:

UiMb91Z.png

o7

Last edited:
I own this for the Xbox but sadly because they cannot transition owned cosmetics across the platforms I do not own it for the PS4. It's quite upsetting that old "Specials" don't become available as they would easily make a lot of extra money. Same goes for the black Friday paint I missed.

I own this for the Xbox but sadly because they cannot transition owned cosmetics across the platforms I do not own it for the PS4. It's quite upsetting that old "Specials" don't become available as they would easily make a lot of extra money. Same goes for the black Friday paint I missed.

The Black Friday paints have been made available to buy individually under the name 'Midnight' twice since the initial pre-horizons giveaway.

The Chrome Corvette was sold in the 2016 Christmas countdown, there is also a 'Chromed' version which is slightly less shiny. Just wait for FDev to release a version called 'polished silver' ;)

I have it, but only just got my rank sorted, so I have not bought one yet...

Z...

The Black Friday paints have been made available to buy individually under the name 'Midnight' twice since the initial pre-horizons giveaway.

The Chrome Corvette was sold in the 2016 Christmas countdown, there is also a 'Chromed' version which is slightly less shiny. Just wait for FDev to release a version called 'polished silver' ;)

Or, if you miss that, Platinum...

Z...

Maybe look into the ship kit aswell (If you dont have it already) i got it after a few weeks in my vette really makes a difference :)

Yeah, I got the ship kit just for the spoiler! :D

some other parts from the kit aren't bad either, but the spoiler is definitely what I paid the cash for...
Same reason I bought the FDL ship kit...

I got the tactical paint, the vibrant paint and the predator paint and out of all those, I end up only using tactical Graphite - which looks pretty much black - same as my collection of "black monday" paint jobs for various ships.

When I saw the black paint job for the Corvette, I didn't buy it, cause I had neither rank nor credits to buy it without selling something else...

Last edited:
I bought the chrome paint job for the Cutter when it was offered in 2016. I still don't have the ship. I bought a chrome T-10 this year instead :D

Top Bottom