WaterCoaster/Cascade Improvements

Hey Plancoers and Devs , The Cascade is an absolute triumph and a great needed addition to the line up, But on further inspection there seems to be just 2 slight Issues that seem to make the coaster a bit awkward to use.

1.Transition To Splash Zone-The actual drop into splash piece,.Due to it being one size it makes safe and realistic drops shall we say limited do to the pull out of the drop.If it started at a much lower incline or even had a very low kind of dip into the splash pool like the MACK water coasters do (As shown by video below)or had the possibility to resize the piece then this could be rectified .

2.Splash Zone Friction-Again ive tried to over look this but it seems that if you want to build a watercoaster with a substantial drop ie 120ft onwards , then you need a stupidly long splash zone to actually slow the boat down enough to leave the splash area at the normal flowing pace,And yes I have manually set the friction to 2+- Maybe a way of sorting this could be simply adding a brake functionality to that peice, That way if you want to have a quick splash down ie Journey To Atlantis ,all you have to do is set the braking where as if you want somthing more Pilgrims Plunge then you can just leave the braking off to allow the boat to coast at speed down the splash track.(Again as shown in the video below )

[video=youtube;iXxiKQfM3fc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxiKQfM3fc[/video]

I feel awful having to mention this on the day of the update which is a fantastic release but I just thought this might be worth a mention.

I feel awful having to mention this on the day of the update which is a fantastic release but I just thought this might be worth a mention.

Sam did specifically ask about feedback on this coaster in the stream today, so I wouldn't worry about that!

I definitely agree with your points, even though it would be a bit unrealistic, having your track be able to attach directly to the water part instead of having a mandatory track piece there at a specific angle is probably a better solution than what is currently there.

Heres a slight mock up on what could be done

23845714_10154902388197115_5450684818853193976_o.jpg

23826323_10154902388392115_4459174920659757424_o.jpg

23826330_10154902388537115_8459189292307243765_o.jpg

Last edited:
My only issue with that is that you're still locked into an angle with your suggestion. I know it's not that realistic, but my suggestion would be to literally just go directly into the flat splash down piece, not have a rail dip into the water at all, just attach it on the end, or at least have the option to. That may be stupid though... it's definitely a tricky transition to get right.

I was hoping to be able to create a more realistic Giant Flume with this one but unfortunately its not possible. :( You can't have channels after the lift hill without making a drop into the channel after the lift hill.. and a lift into a drop out of the channel.. just doesn't work for me. Also.. a conveyor belt lift, and water coming down the drop slide would have been excellent. I can still use this for other things but.. just not what I was hoping for :( Could we maybe get a separate Giant Flume in the future that will address these issues. I can see this for things like Atlantis and others just not giant flumes like I really wanted .

Check out things like Mile High Falls at Kentucky Kingdom, Congo Falls at Kings Island.. these are good examples...

The blocking also need some tweaking. It should be possible to have multiple boats in the waterchannels in block-mode. The real Mack watercoasters have this.
Poseidon-europa-park-31239055-800-487.jpg

The water coaster looks great, but due to the pre-made drop piece it is almost unusable. I hope we get a more modular piece for this coaster soon! [up]

I was hoping to be able to create a more realistic Giant Flume with this one but unfortunately its not possible. :( You can't have channels after the lift hill without making a drop into the channel after the lift hill.. and a lift into a drop out of the channel.. just doesn't work for me. Also.. a conveyor belt lift, and water coming down the drop slide would have been excellent. I can still use this for other things but.. just not what I was hoping for :( Could we maybe get a separate Giant Flume in the future that will address these issues. I can see this for things like Atlantis and others just not giant flumes like I really wanted .

Check out things like Mile High Falls at Kentucky Kingdom, Congo Falls at Kings Island.. these are good examples...

The point is that this is not a classic Log Flume, but a (Splash) Coaster. ;)

As Sam mentioned in the Livestream he would like some feedback to this coaster.[big grin]

When the car hits the water I (my personal opinion) think it is too fast for a too long period of time.[yesnod] Although this has already been mentioned in this thread, I would like to say that this is what disturbed me a bit. The time the car runs so fast after the drop should be a BIT shorter, not too much, though.[yesnod]

I would also like the option to have that little air time moment on the drop short before the car hits the water.[big grin] As the coaster is implemented at the moment, it is not possible to build that.

I would also appreciate a similar ride with a similar car, but only without the coaster tracks. Then we would have something like a larger logflume for darkrides.[big grin]

Heres a slight mock up on what could be done
Yes, definitely the best solution. [wink] In real life you do need an angle to go into the water, so that's fine.

As for now, we can always use real water for our splash down, in combination with brakes.

Beside this needed tweak, that coaster is really well done! Great work, team.
I don't think I have another complaints...
Well a few nit-picks: having more boats than the lenght of the station, perhaps - oh, and the supports are getting stupidly large when tall, say in Dan's picture.

Last edited:
Watching the livestream it doesn't need to have a block section.
It's behaviour appears to be the same as the tracked rides.

4 trains on a to small station. Option to go higher than 4 (see screenshot)

I tried it... but im stuck with 3 trains for the coaster.

I tried it... but im stuck with 3 trains for the coaster.

I have 10 trains on a coaster that only fits 2 in the station.
I still needed a long brake run/drive tyre section to support them all.

Did you select "block sectioned". This needs to be turned off.

wasnt there a splash effect if any coaster car touches a water surface? They should just enable this or flesh it out so we can build realistic drops. I agree on the friction. Its the only reason i never use waterrides.

wasnt there a splash effect if any coaster car touches a water surface? They should just enable this or flesh it out so we can build realistic drops.

Yes and it works with Cascade. You just have to put brakes underwater so it actually slows down, but so far it's the best solution.

Top Bottom