WaterCoaster/Cascade Improvements

Yes and it works with Cascade. You just have to put brakes underwater so it actually slows down, but so far it's the best solution.

wasnt there a splash effect if any coaster car touches a water surface? They should just enable this or flesh it out so we can build realistic drops. I agree on the friction. Its the only reason i never use waterrides.

Any object that hits the water makes that sound.
Even peeps flying through the air and falling into the water it makes that sound. [up]

Last edited:
I've been having issues with using the water coaster in block sectioned mode. Like EP1996 said, you cannot have multiple boats on the water and lift hill sections. Also, when the ride breaks down the boats don't stop at the blocks, causing numerous crashes when all the boats pile up at the station.

I've been having issues with using the water coaster in block sectioned mode. Like EP1996 said, you cannot have multiple boats on the water and lift hill sections. Also, when the ride breaks down the boats don't stop at the blocks, causing numerous crashes when all the boats pile up at the station.

Try using the coaster with block section off.
Then you can have as many cars simultaniously on the track.

Try using the coaster with block section off.
Then you can have as many cars simultaniously on the track.

Unfortunately the block section behind my station isn't long enough to permit that. I'm currently running 5 boats in block sectioned mode.
JJqkhZ3.jpg

Another thing, it seems like when the ride breaks down in block sectioned mode and then a later boat hits one at the station once the mechanic leaves after fixing it all guests in the queue get teleported to the ride exit, causing a massive cluster of guests and lots of teleporting. The guests seem to be leaving the queue like normal (wait, why is leaving when rides break down normal?) up until an incoming boat bumps into one at the station the mechanic exits the station.
tWOa6Bw.jpg

Last edited:
I think block sectioned mode is broken for this coaster.

It doesn't seem a lot of work to change the coaster to work without block section?

Yes, I know it's not the solution but it's a quick fix.

I think it should be reported as a bug.

I have a track with 10 trains, block sectioned off, and it works like a charm.
The only thing I have different is a 30 meter brake section behind my station. to fit all 10 cars

edit: thinking of it. This coaster has the same behaviour as the log flume, add as much cars as you want, but when the log flumes collide behind a station it goes with much lower speed, as the Cascade can travel at higher speeds and collide with higher speeds that is what might be causing this strange behaviour?

Last edited:
edit: thinking of it. This coaster has the same behaviour as the log flume, add as much cars as you want, but when the log flumes collide behind a station it goes with much lower speed, as the Cascade can travel at higher speeds and collide with higher speeds that is what might be causing this strange behaviour?

That's fine for a log flume though because it doesn't have the ability to stall while traveling upwards on track, like the water coaster can. I'll wait and hope that the devs make the water coaster boats stop at block sections when it breaks down (like block sectioned coasters do in reality) to prevent crashes.

Last edited:
Call me slow-minded but is the above feedback still being looked into? I've only just started building with the Cascade in my park (after years of thinking about it and working around limitations) and the main thing that bugs me is how you can't stack boats in a water channel. I'm aware you need to use block sections/drive tyres etc. to do this but for me and the ride I have in mind it's only going to make things a bit messy. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom