Way does jpog have all of this and jwe cant?

Games side by side:) jpog has jeeps that can get destroyed by dinosaurs if you bump in to em, tornados that can throw dinosaurs and guests and kill them,acu unit has the option to put down dinosaurs or tranq em:) Now on to jwe I do love this game but sadly I have to say jpog is better way because jwe does not have these options one jeeps can't get destroyed cause of some deal, tornados can't pick up and throw dinosaurs and guest instead goes right through em, acu units don't have the option to put down dinosaurs they can only tranq em. And last but not least. JWE can get really boring after a while as in all you do is build build build dinos break out tranq tranq em:( Now what one would you say is better jpog or jwe?

JWE is much better. I don't need flying dinosaurs picked up by a storm and I certainly don't need to kill the dinosaurs I used money to incubate. I don't see any need for these features...

About the JEEP, that was a choice from the Devs. Would it be nice if the dinosaurs could attack the jeeps, sure... But that would also make the game even more frantic. In the beginning where you had to resupply feeders all the time etc, I'm glad the JEEP's couldn't be destroyed as it would be a pain in the ass everytime you needed to enter a paddock to resupply or medicate. Unless it was a feature that only happened when you had control of the JEEP.

JWE is much better. I don't need flying dinosaurs picked up by a storm and I certainly don't need to kill the dinosaurs I used money to incubate. I don't see any need for these features...

About the JEEP, that was a choice from the Devs. Would it be nice if the dinosaurs could attack the jeeps, sure... But that would also make the game even more frantic. In the beginning where you had to resupply feeders all the time etc, I'm glad the JEEP's couldn't be destroyed as it would be a pain in the everytime you needed to enter a paddock to resupply or medicate. Unless it was a feature that only happened when you had control of the JEEP.
Yea at first I thought jpog was better but I'm starting to like jwe more:)

I partly agree. From a realism standpoint, it doesn't make sense that dinosaurs are unaffected by tornadoes. However, from a gameplay perspective, I believe it would be too frustrating if tornadoes killed your dinosaurs, considering the time and money required to incubate them.

I don't think JPOG was better, for it's time it was a great game, but JWE has easily surpassed this in terms of what can be created. Though there are some good features that JPOG had which JWE doesn't, which I do think would add more playability to JWE:

Destructible vehicles would add a sense of respect or fear for the creatures we're trying to nurture and contain in our parks for sure. I feel if this was done in a clever way then the feeder replenishing thing would be a non-issue. For example in the original JP - the raptor feeder was external from the enclosure and fed live bait via a crane - no need to go in the enclosure where a smart and cunning predator could rip you to shreds! Better realism = more immersive game.

Heatwaves - really think this could be implemented well by the dev team - they've done well with other weather effects and this would give us a different condition to manage and also mean dinos have more ways of reacting to their environment. Another dynamic and more varied behaviours again would add to the immersion.

Tornados being more destructive - I really don't feel like they're at all challenging to handle in this game. Basically it's just a graphical effect with minor consequences on gameplay. E.g. 3 or 4 dinos get out and a couple of buildings need repairing. All resolved in 5-10 mins of gameplay once you're used to using the ranger & chopper tasks (with he detailed map and tasking system it makes resolving these 'disasters' way too easy). Tornados in real-life are devastating, and yeah I get if you spent loads on creating a super genetically modded dino you don't want to see it wiped out - but isn't that where the fun is? You'd have to get good at flying the chopper manually to tranq and move it quickly before the it was killed... or give it a big enough enclosure (like a dino should have) so that it has enough space to run away in case you can't get to in time. I think as a compromise to suit more players this is where it should a be an optional setting in sandbox, or if difficulty levels were on the campaign then just have this on the hardest one - or perhaps have this just on Sorna or Nublar or something like that to make those maps more special/memorable to play....

Last edited:
Tornadoes in JWE are too passive and Tornadoes in JPOG are WAY TOO DESTRUCTIVE. Call me crazy but I'd rather have JWE's Tornadoes. I'd rather have a storm cause minor issues that spiral into major issues than just cause major issues that lead to Game Over level style of Issues.

Considering how expensive dinosaurs get in this game losing one big one is a crippling issue where in JPOG it wasn't as there wasn't such an emphasis on dinosaur ratings based on individuals. Realistically, they should be more destructive but from a Gameplay perspective, they need to be toned down a bit. That said if the devs wanted to make them a tad more destructive, I wouldn't mind. Just don't kill my expensive dinosaurs.

If a Jeep got destroyed in JPOG, it was your own fault. You shouldn't have put a jeep tour where it can get destroyed. In JWE, it's a big gameplay aspect and would be frustrating to constantly have to micromanage feeders and vaccinating even more than you already do. Every time you refill a feeder or cure a dinosaur, you constantly risk losing a jeep so that's 50 grand down the drain. That's fun the first few times but it gets old.

Retiring, I get why it should be here but let me ask you something. You invested 2 million into an Indominus Rex, do you really want all that money to be wasted with just one bullet?

Top Bottom