Horizons Ways to increase immersion in ED.... (for those who don't already know)

I don't know if XBOX users can do this, but tuning into Radio Sidewinder is an absolute must. (www.radiosidewinder.com) Mostly sci-fi themed music and some hilarious Elite themed commentary makes this a necessity. The website does take requests and has a chatroom. Small donations to keep it up and running are always appreciated.

On the PC, one can download Voiceattack to teach your computer to respond to voice commands. (Assuming of course that you have a microphone installed). Once that is done, purchase a voicepak or two from www.hcsvoicepaks.com. These simulate AI copilots to help you command your ship and relieve some of the loneliness. I personally like the snappy comebacks of DORIS and the craziness of KSAI. Considering purshasing the VASCO pack featuring the voice of Brian Blessed.

Another immersion tip: turn up the volume, a decent surround system if you're friendly with your neighbors or a good headphones.. Especially the headphones.. The background sounds and radiochatter is amazing.. not to mention the rest of the sounds :)

I don't know if XBOX users can do this, but tuning into Radio Sidewinder is an absolute must. (www.radiosidewinder.com) Mostly sci-fi themed music and some hilarious Elite themed commentary makes this a necessity. The website does take requests and has a chatroom. Small donations to keep it up and running are always appreciated.

Ha! Thanks for the plug Cmdr Zorkie LaGrue. It is appreciated. (and no, no money has exchanged hands!)

fyi - Yes, you can get Radio Sidewinder on XBox - the best way is via the TuneIn app - we can be found on the index here http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Sidewinder-s257423/ or simply by searching for "Radio Sidewinder" in the app. You can then Snap TuneIn I believe and listen whilst you fly.

Last edited:
I play on PC and had no idea we had a radio station!! Now imagine something like that integrated into the game (like the radio in Euro Truck Simulator in where you can link the station to your actual truck and liste to it like it is a real radio!)...or something similar to what GTA games have as well.

Oh well, for now we have this and is actually pretty cool! Great music and some nice commentary here and there.

Thank you! ;)

EDIT: Oh man it even has the GalNet News!!! I'm listening to it now haha! Great work!

Last edited:
See, I read the title and immediate thought of this...
iHpr26I.jpg

Seriously though, I love the creativity in the community; keep it up :D

Hah. I've never heard of that station. Great stuff!

I've usually got space music or retrowave playing in the background depending on what I'm doing.

Hearts of Space is also fantastic.

Last edited:
I play on PC and had no idea we had a radio station!! Now imagine something like that integrated into the game (like the radio in Euro Truck Simulator in where you can link the station to your actual truck and liste to it like it is a real radio!)...or something similar to what GTA games have as well.

Oh well, for now we have this and is actually pretty cool! Great music and some nice commentary here and there.

Thank you! ;)

EDIT: Oh man it even has the GalNet News!!! I'm listening to it now haha! Great work!

Glad you like it - please stay tuned! Yes we have Computer Pete and Robot Rachel reading the GalNet News. The music I play is very mixed, so I ask Commanders to listen for more than 5 mins. I'm trying to cater for a wide range of tastes, but at the same time try and keep it space themed or related in some way.

We also do chat shows and spoof ads etc.

Seriously though, I love the creativity in the community; keep it up :D

Thanks Kerrash.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hah. I've never heard of that station. Great stuff!

Thanks Cmdr Mr_Blastman. We have been going for just over a year now.

Top Bottom