We blaze our own trail

2017DeclEn.PNG

This declaration is in reaction to how some PvP players are trying to define what is fair vs. not while at the same time being known for partaking in unfair fights (e.g. ganking PvE players as the most common example). To be clear, I have no problem with outlaws and their activities, in fact it makes the game enjoyable for Cobra Kai because we are bounty hunters and we protect CGs.

What I have an issue with is their desire to impose rules as to what is fair. It's a cut-throat galaxy, you are outlaws, you don't care about fairness when going after random pilots. So, why should we?

Some examples of things that are considered unfair:
- crimes on. We are on the "good" side, we have the law on our side and we are going to use it as we see fit.
- station ganking (i.e. going after wanted, enemy power pledges, etc.). That station shouldn't be welcoming you in the first place. You are an outlaw and beside it's not like these tactics aren't used by your side.
- SLF. Why is SLF seen as unfair by some while a wing of 4 vs. 1 is "just fine"?
- outnumbered fight. Same thing as above. Most of the time, we are outnumbered. We don't complain about it.
- high wake, or running away to recharge shields. We are bounty hunters, it makes no sense to stick around and die if we don't want to.
- healing. It's been fixed by Fdev, and I've read comments from your side that it was fine now.
- heat cannons. Allegedly it's counterable by running something else than a meta FDL. I don't know first hand, maybe you are right on this one. We don't intend to use it and beside 2.4 will have a fix.

Now, if you want a "fair"* fight, ask for a duel or organize a wing fight (preferably away from CG or populated areas) and I'm sure most of us will consider following pre-established rules.

Finally, the wings that have signed this declaration are not necessarily allied.
It just means that we are not interested in following your "fairness" rules blindly.

*: let's face it there isn't such a thing in Elite: dangerous.

for information. at the moment there are some fakes in circulation. the document is available in three languages and is only authentic from the source of this server. pilot lounge de

Last edited:
Does this mean that pvp will get less toxic, and most people will stop following stupid theories from certain kid groups about whats proper in combat and what not? Does this mean that people will start using turrets and gimballed weapons without others calling them names? Does this mean that we can master the escaping mechanics and stay alive when being outnumbered for example, without being called high wake pu..?

No? Thats what i thought. First of all we (the pvp croud), must learn to use the combat mechanics to create variety in tactics and stop listening to kids that like to hunt in packs, which results in turning all battles so qcq-like with only one meta and one ship used most of the times.

Can I blaze my own (pve) trail too, or do I need to get permission from the OP first? Far as I can see, if you play in Open or PG you're relying on others so it's not all going to be "your own" trail. You need to play in solo for that.

Some PVPers said they were gonna do PVP, I think.

And they're going to "define broken mechanics" too, and have some meetings at some point, to negotiate some stuff. It sounds like a grand old time.

OP you might need to expand on this.

Maybe people on Reddit know what this all means? Or maybe it's not supposed to make sense, like the the Dada manifesto.

"Ideal, ideal, ideal,
Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge,
Boomboom, boomboom, boomboom..."

Last edited:
Surely if they were forbidden by Frontier, they wouldn't be in the game in the first place.

Am I another 1 that is missing something?

I may be wrong, but I read it as they'll use any tool, any exploit that FDev haven't explicitly prohibited/patched.

And they're going to "define broken mechanics" too, and have some meetings at some point, to negotiate some stuff. It sounds like a grand old time.

Meetings? Sounds like the Alliance then.

No idea what this is. Even less of a clue why, whatever this is, couldn't have been explained in plain english.
But at least everyone got to show their logo off this way, i suppose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom