General / Off-Topic We can teach the Italians to be better people...

• Thread starter Deleted member 115407
  • Start date
Tastes are tastes, said once the dog licking his own (censored).

This being said, at home we don't use cream in Carbonara, but some of of our friends does so..

real question here: how much freshly grinded black pepper do you put in your Carbonara?

That's the perfect hint for the correct naming of this derivative creation... "carbonara cinobalanica" 😂😂😂

Buy a jar of carbonara sauce, remove the lid and put it in the microwave. Boil kettle and pour boiling water over pasta in a pan and continue to boil, leave for a little while, drain, put it in a bowl and pour the hot carbon sauce over it. Job done!

I am Italian, whatever you're talking about it's not a carbonara.

Non la sanno fa' la carbonara, non la sanno fa'...
real question here: how much freshly grinded black pepper do you put in your Carbonara?

Easy there, don't go too technical!

Here goes the bomb for my fellow Italians compatriots:

I like my Linguini with tuna fish & tomato sauce, with a nice bunch of parmesan cheese over it!

If there's tomato, there's parmesan. The "no cheese on fish" is just a myth for food snobs. :D

Teach Italians Carbonara? Heh...
The best Carbonara i ever had was in Meta (di Sorrento), back in 2010, in a small family Pizza House, somewhere close to Panorama Palace Hotel. Spent a week there and it quickly became our favorite place to eat Carbonara.

Deleted member 115407

D
You only think you eat a pasta carbonara
:$
If I made you a bowl of pasta, we'd bang.
And then you'd call me the next day and be like "Oh, Vin, do you want to meet up for brunch?"
And I'd be all like "Oooh... I'd love to, but.... ergh.... I have a gun....sssshow to go to. Yeah, it's just me and the guys. I'll totally call you this week though so we can see each other this weekend. No, yeah... I had a great time, too. Cool. No, yeah... you're sexy. Yes. No... yes... oop... I think that's my sister calling. Tee tee, I'll call you soon!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely a very good and tasty recipe, but whoever is using onions and thinking of making a carbonara, is thinking wrong. Very wrong.

Deleted member 115407

D
"Pasta e piselli" is absolutely fine. Broccolini on the other hand, I'm pretty sure that is in full violation of the Geneva Convention.
You're trying to tell me that Italians never put broccoli in their pasta?

Deleted member 115407

D
The very best carbonara recipe comes from Lidia Bastianich.
If you're not cooking it this way, you're doing it wrong. Very wrong.
I've done both garlic and shallots, both alone and in combination.
None of these are flavors incongruent with a savory pasta sauce.

When I do chicken and broccoli, I like to add a bit of garlic to the sautee.

Top Bottom