We need more Tritium hotspot outside bubble

Since there are not enough tritium hotspots in deep space, it took 4 months for us to mine enough fuel to get the carrier back to the bubble. Can we have more hotspots generated on the icy rings?
(I hope we can have more Double or Triple Tritium hotspot in deep space)

Last edited:
Hmm, would it have been quicker to fetch Tritium from the Bubble in a Cutter?
Sure, you could fetch Tritium from the Bubble before you start your journey. But what if you plan to be a explorer and you run out of fuel in the deep space. Then you have to find a Tritium hotspot and do the mining stuff. It's actually a painful experience.😭(My English is not that good, sorry)

Sure, you could fetch Tritium from the Bubble before you start your journey. But what if you plan to be a explorer and you run out of fuel in the deep space. Then you have to find a Tritium hotspot and do the mining stuff. It's actually a painful experience.😭(My English is not that good, sorry)
Yes, I understand that. I have a carrier, and I leave it behind in the Bubble when exploring because of the fuel issue. I just suspect that if I were in your position I'd find it quicker to fetch fuel than mine it. The trips back to the Bubble would also be exploration time and I don't think many would be needed.

I feel a hybrid hauler/explorer Cutter design coming on.

This looks like the sort of issue that players could solve, with a database of known tritium hotspots. No need to add more if you can find out where the existing ones are.

This looks like the sort of issue that players could solve, with a database of known tritium hotspots. No need to add more if you can find out where the existing ones are.
Hmm, maybe I didn't make my point clear. I wish there could have double or triple Tritium hotspots in one ring to increase efficiency to save time to explore.

You can't get tritium from laser mining or core mining? Or is SSD just faster than either of those?

Surely laser mining is the best way to get Tritium? I was always under the impression it was! sub-surface Tritium is quite rare but just about every asteroid in a hotspot can be laser mined for Tritium.

Oh yes currenlty me and my FC are around 15kly out, it always goes with me, planning correctly should never see your FC run out of Tritium, even if you park it once you use half the Tritium and save the rest for the journey back. If you run out that's bad planning.
Indeed, and it's not that you can find any trit. In my limited experience the chance of finding icy rings after the jump is 1/3 perhaps 1/5. So that means you'll have to mine about 500 trit to refill your stock.
I use the DBX to jump towards the FC jump system, about 400 ly out of the FC switch to eco jumps. Look for icy rings and you'll be able to mine trit with nearly every jump.

It's another failure of fdev not understanding what people use FC for .
We don't want an unlimited supply but if you are outside the bubble ( or in Colonia) and you need fuel you have to mine and since they nerfed drops for painite rather than set a price . It's knackered the whole system for FC .
So more trituim , ability to refuel remotely and multi jump plotting . I don't mind the time it takes but to do any major jumping you have to be on every 20 mins !!! People sitting on Xbox all day replotting and jumping . Seriously what a joke

Last edited:
While I haven't done much tritium mining yet, I did get myself back to the bubble from Colonia mining over half the required tritium. At least in a tritium hotspot, tritium "wells" (sub-surface deposits) are very common and I was able to get 200t in about an hour easily enough (nicely over 1000ly range in a lightly loaded carrier).

However, I have yet to find a single tritium core, and I very much doubt I will. Surface (laser), nodule (abrasion), and sub-surface tritium makes sense, but not core because anything in a core would have decayed long ago, while the surface and shallow stuff would be generated by local radiation interacting with the materials in the ice.

Yes SSD mining is the way for Tritium

Use the PWS to find the any glowy ones in Icy rings. A single Tritium hotspot will do. You can laser mine on the side if the glowy ones has a acceptable Tritium Yield. Every bit helps

Would the OPs request for overlapping hotspots make any difference then? I thought overlaps only affected cores, not SSDs, but haven't mined for a while as I plan my trips 🤔

You can't get tritium from laser mining or core mining? Or is SSD just faster than either of those?

Don't think I've ever seen a Tritium core but my reckoning is subsurface quicker than core mining would be too. Laser and surface deposits also common. Leave none behind.

Can't really speak to the number of Tritium hotspots around for the OP .. wouldn't be surprised if someone wasn't mapping them on popular routes though. Tried the Fleett Carriers Owners Club on Discord?

You have quite a bit of storage on your carrier too so when you DO see a hotspot might be worth starting a cargo reserve, as well filling your main tank? I'm building mine back up right now, 1000T in Tritium Depot I carry a 5kT standing reserve.

Would the OPs request for overlapping hotspots make any difference then? I thought overlaps only affected cores, not SSDs, but haven't mined for a while as I plan my trips 🤔

You do have a job to buy Tritium if you're starting out in Colonia mind. I think you're right though, that they only affect cores plus by the time you've spent time searching for a double hotspot you could have filled up and be on your way from subsurface deposits in any old single spot. Regularly get 20 or more tons from a sinlge asteroid if it has three or four subsurface deposits in it. That's a core worth and rocks with three or four SSDs are quite common.

Top Bottom