We really need a fix for the escaping animals issue...

Game paused while I work on building some stuff...and this message comes up as soon as I unpause. We really, really need the issue with animals escaping through terrain and solid barriers to be fixed.

what.jpg

LOL...nevermind, I remembered that I accidentally deleted the habitat gate of my hippo/flamingo habitat while building. I put a new gate in but it took the game a bit to recognize the animals were in the habitat.

Umm...that should be fixed though too, cause I had a lot of visitors flee despite no animals really escaping.

idk, I swear I've had animals phase through pure fence before. Never seen it happen, though when I click on escaped animals or other animals of the same species and size in their habitat, and click the habitat heat map, it showed no escape points... it's weird.

idk, I swear I've had animals phase through pure fence before. Never seen it happen, though when I click on escaped animals or other animals of the same species and size in their habitat, and click the habitat heat map, it showed no escape points... it's weird.

Yah, it happens.. It just wasn't what happened this time. My previous 3 escapes were all animals phasing through either fences or, in one case, terrain....the warthog was under the map. I jumped the gun in posting though in this case...I assumed it was the same issue and it was just me being dumb.

I considered deleting my post after I realized my mistake...but, yah...they do need to fix the phasing through fences issue. I'll work on being less dumb and hopefully they will work on that. :)

I dunno - I'm having some fairly dubious escape alerts...

I think it still needs to be fixed.

Attachments

• Animal Escape 01.jpg
    Animal Escape 01.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Animal Escape 02.jpg
    Animal Escape 02.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Animal Escape 03.jpg
    Animal Escape 03.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 147
Watched one of my wolves hit the food ball and it went through the fence and the wolf walked right through the fence after it...

There's defently a problem with the toy/food balls staying inside the fences.

I've started boxing my animals whenever I change the barriers of a habitat, but I have also had a warthog (and vendors for that matter) end up deep underground, but I think my bug has been fixed already.

Some animals, especially my tigers, get very interested in a barrier when it's below 15%.
LOL, yah, those suckers are pretty smart.

Rhinos are crazy good at it too. Soon as a barrier integrity dips low enough those suckers charge it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying it isn't one of the several bugs for escaping but I have also been caught out by not realising that the size of the animal makes a difference to whether they can get out. My large bear was fine but then I adopted a smaller one and they escaped. Realised it was because they could get through a smaller gap!

Not saying it isn't one of the several bugs for escaping but I have also been caught out by not realizing that the size of the animal makes a difference to whether they can get out. My large bear was fine but then I adopted a smaller one and they escaped. Realized it was because they could get through a smaller gap!
Hahah, yah, I learned that the hard way with a saltwater crocodile habitat in one of the career scenarios. When babies were born all of the juveniles escaped!!

I now make a point to check traverseability heat map as soon as the first juvenile's of an animal type are born. Nothing is smaller than them, so if they can't escape (legitimately) then no adult can regardless of size.

Also don't put trees close to the fence, my snow leopard climbed up the tree and jumped over the fence...

It was the great escape...

Keep reporting things to the Issue Tracker, friends, that's the best way to get it prioritised for us!

I tried to report something on the Issue tracker yesterday but couldn't because the Planet Zoo game wasn't in the drop down list of games. I use Firefox - latest version.

I often lower the terrain, if I think escaping may be a problem. Works for elephants and rhinos at least. They still break the barrier, but that is it. No escape. Well, at least not immediate and I'm not waiting for it. I can imagine that some builders among us will probably not notice it until it's to late. I have seen quite a few youtubers who hardly ever pause the game to check red messages. To busy either chatting or building stuff while letting the game on full speed for money.

I often lower the terrain, if I think escaping may be a problem. Works for elephants and rhinos at least. They still break the barrier, but that is it. No escape. Well, at least not immediate and I'm not waiting for it. I can imagine that some builders among us will probably not notice it until it's to late. I have seen quite a few youtubers who hardly ever pause the game to check red messages. To busy either chatting or building stuff while letting the game on full speed for money.
Solid tip, I started doing that for elephants and rhinos myself, but never think to mention it as a strategy. I also do it for the cats, but that's more for the sake of better viewing with some pathways going into the habitat above it.

Also don't put trees close to the fence, my snow leopard climbed up the tree and jumped over the fence...

It was the great escape...
My Bengal tigers did this! I made them a big canopy and put some trees near the edge, they must have climbed up the tree and I found them hanging out on the top of the roof!

Top Bottom