Ships Weapon suggestions for this MkII for bounty hunting NPCs?

Yah, I was extremely disappointed with those kinetic lasers ( Intertial Impact ). The 3° Jitter is ridiculous. I experimented both with Fixed and Gimb weapons and both just frustrated me. It's really a pity; if it had sth like 1.7° (like Cytos) they would be actually useful, and pair really well with the Focused mod --> higher Piercing from Mod and Kinetic dmg type from Exp --> perfect unlimited hull shredder.

(Note btw it's not comparable with Frag spread imho, bc with frags at least you get the shotgun effect that some pellets will hit -- but those burst laser bolts just go all over the place.)

Some good advice to think about... couple questions...
You mention NEVER skip out on the PD ("point defense" I assume?) but your example didn't include one. Am I missing something?

You suggest the KWS on the same firing button... but, if you shoot at something without knowing if it's wanted, doesn't that put warrants/bounties out on YOU? I just want to get the baddies, not shoot at innocents. And isn't hitting an Authority ship a surefire way to get a bounty on you, or more likely outright killed?
Yup, as has been said, i meant the Power Distributor. Your initial post had a 6A fitted, that's why I mentioned it. A bigger one gets you higher capacity and faster recharge, so more shield recharge, more firing and more maneuverability by boosting.
For combat ships: Get always the biggest A-rated you can fit, and always engineer for higher recharge rate. (The non-pewpew ships go for engine focused, because they won't need shield recharge rates either.)

Combat goes very very basically like this: Close in, have 4 pips in shield just before you get hit by a lot of fire, in the meantime put as much fire into the enemy as you can living off your wep capacitor. When you're not under fire anymore, put pips in wep and recharge the capacitor. Rest of the time 4 pips to eng, so you fly and turn faster and boost more. Unless you can outmaneuver your enemy, then it is shooting a sitting duck, which is why you want pips in eng as much time as possible in the first place.

Top Bottom