Weapons balancing

I would add:
11: Make heal beams have a distro increase equal to their healing bonus.
12: Make TLB only effect missile locks and subtargeting. Its just annoying when it effect normal targeting and doesn't really do much.
13: Give cannons incendiary.
14: Double the ammo of shock cannons in addition to any ammo buffs.
15: Increase the optimal multiplier of clean drives a bit. Give drive strengthening a LOT of optimal mass increase and a tiny bit of optimal multiplier increase. This would allow all 3 drives to be used. Dirty for speed, Clean for stealth/low heat, strengthening for heavy ships and hull tanks.

11. healing beams are just broken now. Stop it please:)
12. I agree, but it's broader subject, how to make big ships not useless under focused fire in pvp, alternative salution would be linking sensors class and rate with cooldown vs TLB and maybe dispersal.
13. Why not, especially they are at effective dps disadvanage now.
14. Sure, but i was part of at least 2 threads about this, it might be shocking but no consensus here, current ammo pool is just enaugh to kll npc pirate anaconda, and for a lot of people it's perfect balance:) IMO increasing ammo for SC is critical now, becouse IF they get engineering similar to standard weapons they become way too strong, so just doubling ammo and giving light engineering of sturdy, lightweight and high cap would be perfect.
15. Yes and yes. AFAIK clean drives are bugged now on top of this, they generate more heat...

As for hitscan, LR mod wih microgimbal effect and 2 most powerfull effects make rails no brainer over lasers, i would welcome feedback cascaade on some other weapon, and not gauss on Christmass 2020. I agree lasers need buff, but rails in current state make too many things obsolete, and i don't think it's any good for PvP to have 2-3 medium ships and few build viable in wing fights. I would rather remove microgimbal from game and do no other changes to rails, but still, buff lasers somehow, distributor reduction seems most viable.

Last edited:
My top three would be ,

Reduce distro draw and extend dropoff range for lazers.
Remove microgimbal completely.
Intrduce meaningfull resistaces for pa's.

Need change mechanic of Premium ammo reloading.

For example: I load Premium ammo in my railgun (80 shells) and shot 15 times.
Then I restock ammo in station.
Current (bad) mechanic: all Premium ammo wasted.
Good mechanic: Keep 65 Premium shells and add 15 basic shells.

One might ask what's the point of premium ammo in the first place, in PVE you don't need it, and in PvP it's grind to win. It's a problem with synthesis, if weapons DPS/DPE is balanced around total damage then any synthesis is grind to win.

I think threads like this should be tagged PvE or PvP, as these have become radically different environments. I have very little issue with weapons, shields, etc. when it comes to PvE, especially since I can control how much or how little I outfit and engineer a ship to make sure the game remains challenging and fun (I've never owned anything close to a G5 "godship"). PvP, on the other hand, is a completely different beast.

I think threads like this should be tagged PvE or PvP, as these have become radically different environments. I have very little issue with weapons, shields, etc. when it comes to PvE, especially since I can control how much or how little I outfit and engineer a ship to make sure the game remains challenging and fun (I've never owned anything close to a G5 "godship"). PvP, on the other hand, is a completely different beast.
And this is exactly why weapon balance should be based on PvP, i suggested lasers buff.... right now i don't even weste chaffs on laser npc's... Btw, most effective conflict zone builds are pvp builds, only diffrence is that in PvE you can survive flying underbuild.

And this is exactly why weapon balance should be based on PvP, i suggested lasers buff.... right now i don't even weste chaffs on laser npc's... Btw, most effective conflict zone builds are pvp builds, only diffrence is that in PvE you can survive flying underbuild.
Well... BALANCE implies equal number of nerfs to buffs, so I can be open to that. I just don't want to see something equivalent to a G6 or G7 ship replacing today's G5 godships. I'd like to go back to season two or three of SG-1, not season 9 or 10.

Well... BALANCE implies equal number of nerfs to buffs, so I can be open to that. I just don't want to see something equivalent to a G6 or G7 ship replacing today's G5 godships. I'd like to go back to season two or three of SG-1, not season 9 or 10.
Nobody want this, current healthpools are too big, fights are often too long, even if both sides know how they end after 3minutes. In meta FDL's duel railgun synthesis is common. Only ammo that last on medium ships are plasmas, everything else need synthesis fighting prismatic meta 1vs1, rails are mandatory in wings and sometimes naccesery even 1vs1. It's not great state of the game we have in PvP, but even in PvE increased ammo pools would be handy in CZ's full of bullet sponges. Reinforced SG mod and HD boosters get buff in 3.0, small ships get extra 2 interna;ls, but ammo pools are same.

11. healing beams are just broken now. Stop it please:)
12. I agree, but it's broader subject, how to make big ships not useless under focused fire in pvp, alternative salution would be linking sensors class and rate with cooldown vs TLB and maybe dispersal.
13. Why not, especially they are at effective dps disadvanage now.
14. Sure, but i was part of at least 2 threads about this, it might be shocking but no consensus here, current ammo pool is just enaugh to kll npc pirate anaconda, and for a lot of people it's perfect balance:) IMO increasing ammo for SC is critical now, becouse IF they get engineering similar to standard weapons they become way too strong, so just doubling ammo and giving light engineering of sturdy, lightweight and high cap would be perfect.
15. Yes and yes. AFAIK clean drives are bugged now on top of this, they generate more heat...

As for hitscan, LR mod wih microgimbal effect and 2 most powerfull effects make rails no brainer over lasers, i would welcome feedback cascaade on some other weapon, and not gauss on Christmass 2020. I agree lasers need buff, but rails in current state make too many things obsolete, and i don't think it's any good for PvP to have 2-3 medium ships and few build viable in wing fights. I would rather remove microgimbal from game and do no other changes to rails, but still, buff lasers somehow, distributor reduction seems most viable.
11 is meant to nerf heal beams. I believe they get either a 2 or 3x multiplier when healing, so it would make them use 2-3x the distro. This would make it hard to run even 1 heal beam without sacrificing pips in systems.

well i am afraid many of the actuel engineering is aimed at targoids and not pvp. espacially in view of shields... 🤔

It's not necessarily relavant. Thargoids do caustic damage. If FDev want shields to be put up aganist thargoids, but not human vessels, they'd use, or try caustic resistance, like what we have on meta alloy HRPs, or Guardian HRPs.

0: Revert reinforced shield and heavy duty boosters to pre 3.0 level.
Make boosters increase regen rate instead of health pool, so your number of HP is tied entirely to your internal slots and flying a ship with more utilities doesn't give you an HP advantage, and the only way to get more shield HP is by reinforcing the generator (thus not running a thermal mod) or guardian boosters (which mean sacrificing a HRP/MRP)

The effectiveness of stacking shield boosters would be effectively hardcapped at your system capacitor

Make sys-focused distributors better for regen than charge-enhanced so there's a reason to actually use them on a purely-defensive build

Shield regen is already crazy fast, and it's hidden reason why 5 booster ferdie is so popular, sheer capacity allow better regen, not only module protection... even prismatic 3000mj FDL still recherge theoretically (not taking any damage during that time:) ) ca. 1200mj after 20 minutes, FDL with active regen biweaves and starting 1500mj regen 2800! MJ in same time, they equal in shields after about 20 mins, again theoretically, and 15-20 mins FDL's duels are quite common. Those are values for "lousy" c5 active regen, c6 is 50%! better, so capacity is only 1 issue, increasing recherge even further just OP bi-weaves, especially c6 over prismatics, rather than make hybrids and hull tanks viable again.

I'm just gonna touch on two points.
1. Starting a list with 0 triggers my OCD. Please don't do this. Thank you! :geek:
2. The issue with the LR mod (#3) isn't the damage imho. It's the accuracy of the mini-gimbal. The mini-gimbal needs some tweaking to make it less accurate depending on distance.
All coders know that a proper array starts with 0. :D

Top Bottom